TRAYA VS SIDIOUS

As far as dying goes, yoda would have lost to vader too, he was stronger than sid or yoda. Or could have been at least. But he was controlled by sidious, until he chose his son. and don't try to get caught up with that whole power struggle thing and what could or couldnt have been. Vader killed Sidious because VADER was the focus of the story, and that's the only reason. lol. his redemption. It would be interesting to see a story based soley on sidious.

Uhh I dont think so, there is no way Yoda would have lost to Anakin/Vader. If Obi could beat him, and Obi wasnt strong enough to fight Sideous, then there should be no reason why Yoda could not have beaten Anakin.

If you read the book, Yoda calls Obi-Wan The Master, I think he was more powerful than Yoda at the end...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yoda should have gone to spank Anakin, i'm sure he at least would have found something more to say other than "i'm with the republic, i'll do what i must, draw your lightsaber" :wub:

He might have been able to redeem Vader...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yoda should have gone to spank Anakin, i'm sure he at least would have found something more to say other than "i'm with the republic, i'll do what i must, draw your lightsaber" :devil:

He might have been able to redeem Vader...

the Force had other plans though, and what is done is done. back to Traya, i agree with Lord Satasn, Palps was more manipulative, Traya only brought truth in the eyes of those who couldn't see it for themselves, she is "but a mirror whose only purpose is to show you what your own eyes cannot yet see". personally i see greatness in that more than anything else.

As far as dying goes, yoda would have lost to vader too, he was stronger than sid or yoda. Or could have been at least. But he was controlled by sidious, until he chose his son. and don't try to get caught up with that whole power struggle thing and what could or couldnt have been. Vader killed Sidious because VADER was the focus of the story, and that's the only reason. lol. his redemption. It would be interesting to see a story based soley on sidious.

Uhh I dont think so, there is no way Yoda would have lost to Anakin/Vader. If Obi could beat him, and Obi wasnt strong enough to fight Sideous, then there should be no reason why Yoda could not have beaten Anakin.

I know the logic that you are using, and to an extent that line of thinking would be correct except you're missing a few key points.

1. Obi did not completely beat anakin, he left him for dead...thats rule number 1 out of any movie...never assume u've won. The fat lady sure didnt sing there. (mechanical vader)

2. The only person who could defeat sidious was anakin himself, because he was the "chosen" one, like i said before, the story revolves around anakin. Of course, he could only defeat palpatine after being in his service, at the time of episode 3 anakin was not strong enough to defeat sidious....mentally....and by the time of Return of the Jedi, mentally he was ready but physically it was too late, and ended up dying in the process.

3. Yoda could not beat palpatine, it was a stand still, and if it had kept going on, Yoda would have died. If not, why run? In yoda's own words. ohhhhh irony burn. haha.

and obi wan beat anakin in the duel by outsmarting him and countering him because anakin was impatient and it was a very emotional duel for him. He lost, but did not die. And later killed obi wan, tho by a sacrifice, he still out-lived him. So in the end, as far as wins' losses go, anakin wins, overall tho, once again since the story was based on anakins fall and redemption, it doesnt matter who won because he was redeemed in the long run and dies in the light.

But this is almost a different topic completely!

As far as Traya vs. Sidious goes, Sidious all the way, remember? Only ANAKIN could kill him. Vader could not. As soon as anakin cut off mace windus hand, and gave into the darkside he was too weak to kill palpatine, he was too controlled by him, and needed him. Once Luke finally redeemed Vader and gave him something to need other than palpatine, Vader died and Anakin was brought back and Anakin is actually who killed Palpatine. Anakin beat Vader in his inner conflict/personality crisis. Like the prophecy said, but it was also, from a different point of view ;-)

"obi wan kenobi"

GO sids!

If you read the book, Yoda calls Obi-Wan The Master, I think he was more powerful than Yoda at the end...

Deadly_Nightshade

Obi couldn't touch the grizzled wise one. :shifty:

1. Obi did not completely beat anakin, he left him for dead

Uhh if you chop off all a persons limbs except one and have them lieing at the edge of a lava pit, I would call that beating him. He didnt kill him, but he beat him.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

because either of them had the heart to defeat the Sith lords.

Only Vader had that heart to kill to Sidious.

Remember both Anakin and Vader kill Sidious at the same time.

Vader saw the chance to kill his master and become the Dark Lord Superior.

Anakin saw it to save his son.

Both of them knew that there was a chance They would die by the Force lightning.

The life of a Dark Lord is difflcult yet rewarding.

But he was sent to kill him, he failed

so did yoda

But you didnt say "Obiwan failed his mission to kill Anakin" You said "Obi did not completely beat anakin" All I'm saying is, Yes he completely beat Anakin, no he didnt finish the job.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg