Okay, since I fixed that, topic change

Okay, so I had to get 1.0b patch, since I have an intel graphics card. Now, I was wondering, is there a comprehensive list of the bugs specific to this patch? My search just turned up some general bug bitchfests. Not that there aren't legitimate gripes, just that that was irrelevant to me. Also, as a PC noob (been on xbox only until this very day) what safe mods, patches not covered in 1.0b, etc etc would you guys recommend?

And a compliment on this forum: So far, it's been by far the most helpful forum I have had the pleasure of cruising. I hope to rely on that streak again. :o

Edited by SSgtSniper

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

I had to use the 1.0b patch to have the game working on my laptop with a 82852/82855 intel chipset. I've played through the game countless times, and so far I haven't run into any major bug. Just some minor glitches. Expect the performance, however to be quite lame.

Regarding mods, don't worry about "safety", all of them are pretty safe... (you may have a problem with one or another, but then just get it out of the Override folder, you should be back to normal). USM is a must, and take a look at this page: 2005 Top Mods Pick

Edited by bandua

I had to use the 1.0b patch to have the game working on my laptop with a 82852/82855 intel chipset. I've played through the game countless times, and so far I haven't run into any major bug. Just some minor glitches. Expect the performance, however to be quite lame.

Regarding mods, don't worry about "safety", all of them are pretty safe... (you may have a problem with one or another, but then just get it out of the Override folder, you should be back to normal). USM is a must, and take a look at this page: 2005 Top Mods Pick

Tell you the one I'm really interested in, the KSE program. But I need a teacher to guide me through, usually the instructions are in what seems to be greek. Funny thing is, when you explain it in plain English, I usually go "Well, Duh, it would have to work that way..." *Shrugs*.

Oh, and with an onboard graphics card, you might, let me stress that might be able to help you situation by taking and slaving some of your extra RAM to the graphics controller. On the desktops, this happens anyway, but you can adjust the amount, and since I have 768 MB, I adjusted upwards to give the onboard 128MB. Seems to have helped quite a bit, I was a little choppy at first. Some things are just how they are though, so it may not help you much.

Edited by SSgtSniper

Tell you the one I'm really interested in, the KSE program. But I need a teacher to guide me through, usually the instructions are in what seems to be greek. Funny thing is, when you explain it in plain English, I usually go "Well, Duh, it would have to work that way..." *Shrugs*.

Have you tried it yet? If not, do so. You'll find it's quite simple (even obvious, for that matter!): just browse your savegame and change wathever you wanted to change in the first place. KSE allows you to edit pretty much everything. You can always go to the kse discussion thread at Lucasforums (here) shall you require help. Of course, I'll help you however I can, as well...

Oh, and with an onboard graphics card, you might, let me stress that might be able to help you situation by taking and slaving some of your extra RAM to the graphics controller. On the desktops, this happens anyway, but you can adjust the amount, and since I have 768 MB, I adjusted upwards to give the onboard 128MB. Seems to have helped quite a bit, I was a little choppy at first. Some things are just how they are though, so it may not help you much.

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:, I'll give it a try, though presently I use to play on my new desktop... no words to describe the difference,graphics wise!

So I picked up the KSE, read the read me, whomever made this thing did a good job at making the instructions decently easy to read. I got out some dice, and as a first expirement, re-rolled (as in D&D style rolled) my attributes, and plugged them in. (I was always disappointed in how the attributes were set up. I wanted to get a chance to actually random roll them.) Plugged in the new numbers, and I must say, I had two really good sets of rolls (which I got on str and con, 18 and 17 respectively) and loaded it up. Everything came up with the proper new numbers and it looks like I am good to go. I can now actually roll true attribute rolls here on my desk and plug them in to the appropriate spots, YAY! I played with adding and removing feats, just to make sure I knew how to do it. In the end I (trying to go for a real style play) removed all the ones I hadn't started with, and continued through Peragus. Everything remains stable and I am happy as all get out right at this moment. :blink::ermm::)

As long as you don't touch sensitive entries as booleans or quest, there should be no problems with the savegame. Nonetheless remember to backup your savegame before editing it, just in case...

Late in the game I will be looking for additions to my wardrobe, if you know what I mean. Although, I made a deal with myself. Everytime I add an unspawnable set of robes, weapons, armor, whatever, I have to lower either my components or my credits by 10,000. So I can say I paid the "invisible" shopkeeper. Sad, huh? :devil: