SW game centered on Bastila?

Having been on these boards for quite some time, and having seen the Bio boards as well, I can't help but notice that Bastila is quite a popular character among fans (myself included).  ;)  She wins most, if not all the "hottest character" threads on these boards, wins many "best character" discussions, and seems to be one of, if not the most popular KOTOR character (aside from Revan).  The character seems to have her own cult following. 

So, I was just wondering if maybe LA might decide to milk the popularity of Bastila a little more.  She was almost a no-show in K2, to the disappointment of many.  But would it be possible, or even a good idea, to make another KOTOR game that focuses on Bastila exclusively, or at least includes her as a major character in the storyline?  Would such a game be well-recieved by the fans?  Maybe they could do a game focusing on pre-KOTOR, such as her experiences in her Jedi training.  Or maybe the story could take place post-K2, and serve almost as a sidestory or intermission between K2 and K3?  Or am I just completely way off base here?  Discuss.

Like someone else said, Long as its not K3, its a great idea.

I think it would actually sell and have a fan following.

Reason I think that is if you look at all the people (mostly female players) DIEING for a RPG with a female lead out there, you have an instant sales base. Just look into the main character gender threads already out there for part one and two! And even JE, you see them ignoring alot of stuff to support their claim the lead character (be it Revan/Exile/ or how story plays out) was meant to be female.

Obviously if you pay attention to the entire story none of these claims hold water but it does show clearly that there is a desire out there for a story written with a female lead in RPGs.

Also, Im not really sure what developers could do with Bastilla as she is so one dimensional but SW is a great place for a RGP. Honestly I think a character like Mira or Visas would be more interesting but your right that Bastilla has a huge following and probably the best choice just on that fact alone!

This is one of the reasons I am looking forward to NWN 2.  Someone will make a Star Wars conversion for it and we will finally have a KotOR like game with a tools set.

COOL Hades, im klinda hopeing someone will do that for Dragon Age myself as its interface is the KotOR interface.

NWN interface not the same obviously!

heh, I asked Bio about that but they shot me down of course!

Still have my fingures crossed!

Um, no. I wouldn't buy it. But if they put her back in K3 with some of the others from the two games, that might be nice.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

Omg >.> I don't think she has one of the deepest stories, just because she is voted as one of the hottest characters doesn't mean (at least to me) that there should be a game centered around her.

I know there are games like DoA or Lara Croft, but c'mon this is a rpg game made in America! Maybe you should ask some Japanese company developers, I am sure they would make a hentai Bastila game if the price was right >.>

I know everyone has their personal favorites, but still I am not rooting for.."Adventures of Atton: The Other Han Solo" or something >.>

No & No

Foxdez is fully correct, ableit blunt.

:Eldar's wry grin:

LoL, George Lucas did it.. the director of LoTR plans to do the Hobbit...

It was Tolkein who did The Hobbit as a "prelude", and it stood on its own, unlike many of the decrepit "prequel" junk spewing out of the dilapadated Hollywood nowadays. As for George Lucas, we have Jar Jar, the character who turned millions of innocent souls into homicidal maniacs, and Anakin, whose acting led to the demise of countless brain cells across the galaxy.

:Darque:

Pig. Go play as a woman now to redeem yourself. GO!

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

It was Tolkein who did The Hobbit as a "prelude", and it stood on its own, unlike many of the decrepit "prequel" junk spewing out of the dilapadated Hollywood nowadays. As for George Lucas, we have Jar Jar, the character who turned millions of innocent souls into homicidal maniacs, and Anakin, whose acting led to the demise of countless brain cells across the galaxy.:Darque:

Yes. I know, I read the books and seen the movies. I was just merely saying that movie makers like to do prequels to make money. Sounds better than some Bastila drooling fest. "Ooh. Lets watch her shake her butt while she wields a lightsaber." >.>

After defeating the terrible Malak, you are granted the care of a spoiled Jedi who thinks she is a whole lot...  :*

right...not much potential there as a PC but I can definitely see her playing a prominent role in future KOTORs (that are, presumably, set after the present story arch).

an example might be Kyle Katarn who was the PC in Jedi Knight I and II but played a prominent scripted role in Jedi Knight III. Bastila would be good for such a role.

Ew you'd rather stare at man-butt while playing a game wouldn't you?

shut up fatty :lol: wanna fight about it :devil: . I just don't want to dress up like a lady like you Figs :devil:

Point 1:

That why males play as females, to see their Char...

Point 2:

Most of the clothes look about the same...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yes. I know, I read the books and seen the movies. I was just merely saying that movie makers like to do prequels to make money. Sounds better than some Bastila drooling fest. "Ooh. Lets watch her shake her butt while she wields a lightsaber."  >.>

well, you see, you are female, so it is expected that such a thing would not appeal to you. but many fanbois would fork over their money twofold for a game like that. i don't think i would, unless it was actually a good game.

well, you see, you are female, so it is expected that such a thing would not appeal to you. but many fanbois would fork over their money twofold for a game like that. i don't think i would, unless it was actually a good game.

[/quote

Well, I understand. Perhaps as a side project it would do well, but I would just hope it would have some substance to it. There are many games that could be spin offs of Kotor, but I don't know how many SW games Obsidian would want to do (hopefully k3 at least)!

Well, I understand. Perhaps as a side project it would do well, but I would just hope it would have some substance to it. There are many games that could be spin offs of Kotor, but I don't know how many SW games Obsidian would want to do (hopefully k3 at least)!

Agreed. i would really want Obsidian to do K3 too, but it is sadly up to LucasArts, and they can be... stiff-necked at times...

If this game was made, i would be surprised, since it is just unlikely for LA to allow it. If it was good, then i would be extremely surprised, since it seems like it'd be hard to make it well.

Agreed. i would really want Obsidian to do K3 too, but it is sadly up to LucasArts, and they can be... stiff-necked at times...

If this game was made, i would be surprised, since it is just unlikely for LA to allow it. If it was good, then i would be extremely surprised, since it seems like it'd be hard to make it well.

I agree but still dont understand what LA has against this franchise.

Its been a big money maker for them (both games) and you would think they would want more games more often to keep the money flow going.

Just makes me shake my head!