Suck it Norway!

kumquatq3

Lars Bystoel produced a second-round jump of 103.5 metres on the normal hill in Pragelato on Sunday to earn Norway's first gold in Turin. Bystoel - sixth after the first round - finished a point ahead of Finland's Matti Hautamaeki on 266.5 points, while compatriot Roar Ljoekelsoey took bronze.

251860-827586-151-113.jpg

251857-827550-317-238.jpg

C_3_news_ita_160565_paragraphs_paragrafo0_image.jpg

But Ski Jumping is number one. All others are number two, or lower!

That may be, but that guy needs to sell his medal to get some dental work.

EDIT: and whats with the hole in the medal? Come on Italy, there are better ways to save a few bucks.

Edited by kumquatq3

Sorry. :)

I remember a summer Olympics a while ago when I heard that US TV was showing the whole thing as though it were live, but delayed several hours to get peaktime viewing. Is that what's happening? If so, we might need to hold off talking about results until a while after they happen. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yeah. That is what is happening. They save the most popular (alpine skiing, speed & figure skating, anyting the U.S medals in) stuff for primetime. And everything else (curling, hockey, cross-country skiing, and what they can't show of the others) on the cable networks on a 6-14 hour time delay. The earliest I get coverage here is 6 in the morning. An 8 hour difference from Italy.

Of course the local news has medal results before they show them on air.

"Change the channel if you don't want to be spoiled. But remember to return in 60 seconds."

Bah.

Hell, I don't even think much of the Salt Lake stuff was live, and I am in the same time zone.

Damn television corporations.

Edited by Arclam

Sorry. o:)

I remember a summer Olympics a while ago when I heard that US TV was showing the whole thing as though it were live, but delayed several hours to get peaktime viewing.  Is that what's happening?  If so, we might need to hold off talking about results until a while after they happen. :devil:

I remember my father won two hundred bucks off me during the Nagano Olympics for just that very reason. He bet me that someone would win gold in, I think, women's downhill. I didn't realize that there was a considerable tape delay, and he'd heard the results somewhere hours earlier, and foolishly made the bet.

Learned my lesson about televised sporting events then and there.

Sorry. :(

I remember a summer Olympics a while ago when I heard that US TV was showing the whole thing as though it were live, but delayed several hours to get peaktime viewing.  Is that what's happening?  If so, we might need to hold off talking about results until a while after they happen. :ermm:

I remember my father won two hundred bucks off me during the Nagano Olympics for just that very reason. He bet me that someone would win gold in, I think, women's downhill. I didn't realize that there was a considerable tape delay, and he'd heard the results somewhere hours earlier, and foolishly made the bet.

Learned my lesson about televised sporting events then and there.

:lol: