Did Revan sucseed in preparing the galaxy?

As most of you probly know: Revan left to the unknown regions to face the old sith threat. He also prepared the Republic for the threat.

This post takes the perspective of KOTOR and KOTOR II.

So far:

Carth Onasi is the cheif of the republic army (fleet) and is ready to follow Revan to war.

Canderous Ordo is cheif of the Mandalorians. And is also ready to go to war with Revan.

Zaalbar becoming the leader of the wookiees. And is also happy to follow Revan.

Following onto KOTOR II

The Exile: He/she has become almost as powerfull as Revan himself, if not even more powerfull. He has: Loots of experience in battle, mighty lightsaber skills, defeated numerous sith lords and he is a very good general. The exile might also join Revan to fight the threat.

The lost jedi: Handmaiden, Visas, Atton, Bao-dur, Disciple, Mira. It depends on who you train. They have also become powerfull induviduals and will follow the exile.

HK-47. This content is somewhat unclear. Much of HK-47 story was cut out, but it is possible to read. The exile and HK-47 goes to the factory where the HK-51 assasain droids are built, and with the exile's help, HK-47 manages to become the leader of the droids. They go to Malachor V with the exile, but it is unknown if they did survive the explosion or not. However, if they survived, HK-47 is loyal to Revan and a bounch of Assasain droids might be handy.

If there is anything i have forgotten just say so.

So the question is: Do you think the galaxy is prepared to the sith threat?

PS: I have been reading the forums for a long time, but havn't botherd to make an account before now. So this is my first post :D

HK-47. This content is somewhat unclear. Much of HK-47 story was cut out, but it is possible to read. The exile and HK-47 goes to the factory where the HK-51 assasain droids are built, and with the exile's help, HK-47 manages to become the leader of the droids. They go to Malachor V with the exile, but it is unknown if they did survive the explosion or not. However, if they survived, HK-47 is loyal to Revan and a bounch of Assasain droids might be handy.

I hope he dose become the leader... :thumbsup:

But what if you went Dark Side? :huh:

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I hope he dose become the leader... :thumbsup:

Deadly_Nightshade

I beleve that even though it is possible to go dark on both games. The official Canon is light. KOTOR II's storyline follows the lightside ending of KOTOR I. So KOTOR II should be lightside aswell.

Edited by Lorenor Zorro

I beleve that even though it is possible to go dark on both games. The official Canon is light. KOTOR II's storyline follows the lightside ending of KOTOR I. So KOTOR II should be lightside aswell.

No that's not true... You can choose to say Reven went back and united the sith before leaving...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

No that's not true... You can choose to say Reven went back and united the sith before leaving...

Deadly_Nightshade

Another discussion for another topic, but this is quoted from Wookieepedia

"Although the player of the game may have Revan end up as redeemed Jedi or a renewed Sith Lord, the canonical ending has him returning to the light side. This follows the usual practice of LucasArts, where the canonical storyline of all videogames ends in victory for the light. Additionally, although Revan can be either a man or a woman in the game, it is officially stated that, in canon, he is a man. "

Deadly_Nightshade

"Although the player of the game may have Revan end up as redeemed Jedi or a renewed Sith Lord, the canonical ending has him returning to the light side. This follows the usual practice of LucasArts, where the canonical storyline of all videogames ends in victory for the light. Additionally, although Revan can be either a man or a woman in the game, it is officially stated that, in canon, he is a man. "

That's not true...

But if it's what you believe...

(by default Reven is a WOMAN in KotOR II)

Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

Deadly_Nightshade

That's not true...

But if it's what you believe...

(by default Reven is a WOMAN in KotOR II)

Deadly_Nightshade

Then Thats what u believe just like saying my revan was a Darkside male who re-united the sith, He also stating that Lucasarts Approved Canon is Used Which he is basing all this off of.

It says so, yes, but even if it is true that LA has set Revan as LS in canon, it's still immaterial to the progress of the KotOR games. You can definitely set Revan to DS in K2, and K3 is almost certainly going to take flak if it proceeds on the basis of just presuming that Revan (and possibly the Exile too) was LS. Though I certainly prefer LS myself (and played DS just once in each game just to see the alternatives), there are lots of fans who'll be disappointed if Revan (or Exile) is suddenly fixed in a certainl alignment... let alone gender <_<

I don't think it will matter, though. K1 had a very final ending, where the outcome for LS or DS were quite different. K2 seems to do a lot of work to "reconcile" the two very different endings in K1, so that you can play the same plot with a great degree of consistency either way, and in the end you identify an enemy - the true Sith - who is common to both LS and DS. K2 seems engineered plotwise toward reconciling the different outcomes of K1 and set up a common ground situation for K3. It did a good job of it too, though there are a few plotholes here and there - the StarForge being just sort of discarded in the DS Revan option for one, while the true Sith seem to be a very opportune enemy - suddenly they were there manipulating events all the time, even staging the Mandalorian Wars and so forth... On the other hand, LS Revan's work to save the republic is almost ruined in K2 with Sion and Nihilus hunting down most of the remaining jedi.

But to answer your question, no, I don't think the republic is prepared enough. I think Revan realised this, and that is why he left. If we presume that Kreia is right and Revan decided to sacrifice himself by becoming the Dark Lord to prevent a greater evil (and I prefer that, since it makes Revan's story even more tragic), then Revan has made a very big mistake, because in his zeal to stand against the enemy he saw (the true Sith), he did exactly what Anakin did - he became the very thing he had sworn to destroy. After K1 Revan left alone, because he would not be the cause of any more corruption to the jedi in his stand against the true Sith. I also think he altered his tactics for fighting them, but that's pure conjecture.

i don't know, and we'll never know until we find out what the old sith have become in all these years.

HK says Revan intended to wipe out the jedi who would not turn, that would include the council and all the others the assassins have slain in the last decade - Atton and HK mention these same assassins were trained by Revan, Traya just kept it going, Disciple remembers Vandar talking about them and how they were used before massive attacks on key planets, Kreia says Telos was destroyed because it was intended for the council to find refuge there had Dantooine been attacked - so Sion and Nihilus may have not done the damage they believed, those jedi were marked for death anyway. from Goto and Bastila we gather that it was not intended for the Star Forge to be used for long (as Revan knows the fate of the builders). as for the old sith, Canderous in k1 already mentions them

Guest The Architect

No, I don't think Revan has succeeded in preparing the galaxy for the war to come against the Ancient Sith Empire. I think Revan made a big mess of the galaxy.

Edited by The Architect

I hope he dose become the leader... ;)

Deadly_Nightshade

The new expansion of SWG has HK-47 as a leader of a whole army of droids in it, so it's clear he 'survives', and bacomes a 'f

IB1OsQq.png

as Kreia put it:

Kreia- The Republic was never what was important - ever. It was but a shell that surrounds the Jedi - just as the teachings of the Jedi are a shell surrounding the heart of man.

those who followed Revan, they had to be shown the contrast, see the limits of the jedi code.

Kreia- there is not enough truth in such teachings... but it will be a step

it doesn't matter how the republic looks right now, it had to be done, from a certain point of view it is stronger than before, because jedi do no longer interfer with its growth.

he may not have done it the best way or even the worst way. but he did something and that is alot. that is like asking "did luke do a good job defeating the sith?" he didn't defeat the sith. he beat 1 overlord.

he may not have done it the best way or even the worst way. but he did something and that is alot. that is like asking "did luke do a good job defeating the sith?" he didn't defeat the sith. he beat 1 overlord.

And if you read EU, he didn't do that until much later...

Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

ya, what se said.

but reven did something worthwhile, contraversial but it helped out in the end.

That yet remains to be seen.

Even if we accept that Revan was a hero and sacrificed himself to the dark side to prevent a greater evil from destroying the republic - namely the true Sith - Revan still made a huge mistake. Like Ulic (and Luke), he thought he could control or conquer the dark side, and at that he failed miserably. Instead be became the very thing he had sworn to destroy and returned as the scourge of the galaxy to nearly wipe out the republic entirely. If the republic is saved in K3, it'll be bitter irony that Malak actually saved the republic by betraying Revan...

Because I do think pre-K1 Darth Revan was a major threat to the republic, and as such he left it in a far worse condition to combat the true Sith than it started out as. Revan has a lot to answer and atone for, since it's his fault that the republic is virtually defenseless against the true Sith at the end of K2. LS Revan knows it too - that's why he left alone to fight the true Sith. Can he redeems himself? Only KotOR3 can tell...

why can't the darkside be controlled? grey jedi do it all the time, and even if you're not jedi (i mean force-sensitive) you have to go through that as well, always. being good or evil isn't about the force, it's about who you are. the universe is so that things must have an opposite, there is no light without dark, as there'd be no sith without the jedi, walking the grey path is facing that truth, facing that hoping to forever be in the light is actually making room for the dark. the old jedi order standed in the way of growth for the Republic, in doing so they made it weak, no matter what the price this was a threat to be ended, so that the Republic may start taking its own challenges, solving its own problems, test its forces in battle. if there'd been a jedi to settle things on the planets destroyed by the sith, there wouldn't be the need for the Republic to get up and work on it using its own resources and stabilizing new trade routes. this need not sound like a pro-war way to think, but as a means to get self-sufficient and ready for self-defense. in any event i don't think we're gonna see the Exile, or Revan, for some time. the Republic and the mandalorians still need time to grow, and there may be other offsprings of the jcwar as Kavar suggested, also the new jedi order has still to be born.

It's not really possible to be truly gray your entire life, unless you resort to apathy. And as Kreia said, apathy is death. You could say being gray just means doing whatever you want, which in essence is selfish gratification, which many consider evil. :devil: A conundrum here, isn't it?

Also, I strongly disagree about gray Jedi being able to control the darkside. Darkside is a reflection of who you are, and graysiders don't delve into the darkside nearly as much as dark Jedi/Sith do, hence they aren't as open to its corruption. But at the same time gray Jedi would not be able to master it as well as the Sith would. And in the same way, being strongly lightside does not make you more susceptible to being dark, rather, just the opposite, as it blocks out the darkside. :thumbsup:

ya, what se said.

but reven did something worthwhile, contraversial but it helped out in the end.

yes, but change is not always a good thing. It's the consequences that matter most. Whether his actions actually helped out or not is debatable. IMO, they didn't because the Republic ended up weaker than before.

Edited by Mothman

It may be weaker, but Revan did put those in power he wished to be. In that, perhaps it is stronger. But it's already been mentioned before how even though its weaker, Revan has control over it.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

being one of the gray order means balance. not necesarily perfect balance but balence non-the-less. good deeds equal out the bad ones. and bad deeds have thier consequences. basically to be gray is to aknowledge both good and evil inside but to know when one is right and the other is wrong.