Can't Install

I just got a new pc and now i cannot install the game. it worked fine on my old machine but now when i put in the disk in and click install on the start menu, nothing happens. Then, when i manually open it through 'my computer' a message comes up saying:

"Windows cannot access the specified device. path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item."

Please help. Thanks

I just got a new pc and now i cannot install the game. it worked fine on my old machine but now when i put in the disk in and click install on the start menu, nothing happens. Then, when i manually open it through 'my computer' a message comes up saying:

"Windows cannot access the specified device. path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item."

Please help. Thanks

are you using XP?

if so you need to be an Admin to install...

(You should be if you are the only person using the PC)

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Is your cd-drive dvdrom drive a little flaky or postionally supersensitive? Try opening and closing the drive door a dozen times to see if it 'seats' itself properly to be read? I've had drives with that kind of problem. Just a wild thought.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts