Cell Phones

Jedihuh?

well do they? I for one don't see the neccesity for them and I sell the bloody things. We got along fine without them in the yesteryear Of saved by the bell.

I'll admnit i feel naked without my cell phone, but I definatly can live without it. Whats your take?

edit: spelling error in title

If you're not near a house phone you can use them, I'm always out about with my friends and we're almost never at one place for too long.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I definitely don't feel obliged to answer the phone when it rings.

I don't answer withheld numbers. (Interesting factoid: It is possible to have BT add a feature to your landline that prevents a connection without the telephone number being sent.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I enjoy the vibrate function, it makes me feel like i wet myself/ Speaking of vibrating phones, there's this anime film with this doctor and these nurses... kirottu will know what i mean.

been there seen that, got the teeshirt...

I've never actually NEEDED my cell... except when I was at college and didn't want to pay for a local phone... the only reason I keep it around is if I'm attacked by aliens who need to phone home or maybe if my car breaks down... (I've driven for four days without realizing that my radiator had cracked... that was... interesting to say the least.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The only time I actually needed my cell phone it was dead becasue i didn't charge it. Its handy to have around 4sure. I actually had a client come in on friday who was a pilot and said that she needed it for when she was flying, which took me by surprise because your not even supposed to have your cell on when your in an airplane. I thought it was weird but I made a but load of commision selling a data product to her.

I can't think of a time that I needed a cell phone, mostly because if there really is an emergency then more then likely the person next to you has one. Now an mp3 player, thats a different story. I would have already killed several people if not for these wonderous devices.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

This is a story, of a time, when my cell phone really helped me out:

I was driving back to school after donating a sizeable amount of books to goodwill, my phone started ringing and I'm an unsafe enough driver without distractions aside from music so I pulled over into a parking lot/roadside to answer it. Good news, people on the other end are calling about one of the jobs I've applied for. Great, schedule an interview, hang up, put the car back into gear, get ready to pull onto the road again. I'm about to hit the gas when I hear a lady screaming 'help me'. Hispanic woman, mid-twenties, tears streaming down her cheek, I figure what the hell, I'll see what's wrong, I'm not in a hurry. She comes up to the car, asks me if I can give her a ride while fumbling with the door, and I am thinking 'oh crap somebody has beat her/raped her/carjacked her/whatever, so I help her with the lock, let her in and get back out on the road.

I ask her where she wants me to take her she names a destination thirty miles in the opposite direction from where I'm heading. Now it's not that I'm stingy but my car only gets 13MPG, t'was all I could afford you see, so I say, no I can't really do that. After that she starts ranting about how if I don't get her off the road, she's going to go to jail for a long time. I think 'Oh crap' and start fearing for my life. She says to just keep driving, so I do. She asks if I have a phone while I'm stuck in a momentary bout of traffic so I frigging give it to her. I continue on in the direction of the school since she hasn't given me any other directions, while she tries several numbers on the phone trying to find someone to pick her up. I am starting to cough and my eyes are starting to burn from her cigarette, I'm hoping it's not burning my upholstery since I have no ashtray and it's in the hand that's inside the car (windows are down, I don't like running the AC since the gas mileage is so bad already). I've noticed by this point she reeks of booze and I'm wondering if she's on anything else and whether or not she has a weapon on her as I'm starting to plan evasive contingencies.

I finally get through the intersection I was waiting at this entire time and she asks me to pull off into a side street after finally getting through to someone or other, saying 'It's not a very good place to be, and I'm probably gonna get caught, but who even f***ing cares if I go to jail anymore!' I pull into a parking lot on said side street and let her the hell out. Good riddance.

After all this happened it turned out she was just some lush who was written up for vandalizing a bar and drunk and disorderly, the cops already knew who she was when I went to them, but she would've been in my car a lot longer had I not had my cell that day.

I can't think of a time that I needed a cell phone, mostly because if there really is an emergency then more then likely the person next to you has one.

Hehe, yeah, how true. Even my mother has one now. Mom's old and frail so I'm glad she has one, tho.

If I'm somewhere where I can't get to a phone, or if I'm alone w/no one else who has a cell, I'm also probably somewhere where a cellphone wouldn't work. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Having a cell phone is kinda like making love to a beautiful woman.

First you try it a bit, push some buttons and see what happens. Once you got your bearings things start to go smoothly and you wonder why the hell you didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Warning! Getting you cell phone drunk might result: Overly loud ringtones, heating of battery, poorly timed vibrating, and not answering calls from women.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I never got a cell phone until I got a job and an apartment, and that's worked out well for me. I also highly recommend headsets, and not just for driving. I can make a sandwich, do laundry or play video games while talking to people, and without getting a stiff neck.

I don't have a land line. A lot of people my age that are just moving into the working world are going that route. I just figure, if you're going to have the thing with you at all times then why would you pay an extra bill for an extra phone line? Also, I'm just plain cheap. As evidenced by by lack of cable TV or Internet as well as a land line.

It was odd in college, when everyone else had one and I didn't, but that had its advantages. Like when a boss calls you to come into work early but can't reach you because you've "been in class" or "out running." That's worth being socially out of touch.

Besides, I usually knew what bar to find my friends at, anyway.

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

One thing I will say against them is teh danger of drunken texting. I have finally trained myself to refuse any requests from my conscious mind to text after 23.00. It is NEVER a good idea.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I hate cell phones... I hate stupid people with bad cell phone ettiquite.

I hardly ever use my phone - but I do really like having it. It's nice to have that piece of mind when driving or something, that you'll be able to call someone if your car breaks down, or if something happens. I don't think I need it... because I was fine before I had one. But I do like having one, even though I hardly ever use the thing.

My baby girl arrived 6/16/06!

I don't have one yet. Neither does my mom.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.