Winter Olympics

Delta Truth

People watch the olympics? :thumbsup:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

People watch the olympics? :huh:

Yes we do and Canada just won their third gold medal with a win in the gold medal game for the women's hockey. :wub:

Gee.. thats a surprise. What was their record in this competition? 46 goals for, 2 against?

Canadian women are an unstoppable juggernaut. I remember a couple years ago when the newspapers were all going crazy because the americans were the first team to beat the canadians in 6 years. And it was in a round robin game so it didn't even really count.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I love my country just as much as anyone else and a damned sight more than most. I love my country because it is imminently worthy of love. So, when others who love to revel in foolish, hateful, and ignorant comments, like Battlewookiee and his brood, I just ignore them.

Still, it irritates me to see my countrymen act like fools. Even moreso, I hate seeing our Olympic team foresake sportsman like conduct and instead posture and prance, I find myself rooting for the other team. Miller and Weir are two such individuals. Now, before some idiot stick decides to rail about freedom of speech, I'm not suggesting censorship at all. Rather, I advocate scorn. As a practitioner of my own brand of advice, I will take the opportunity to heap scorn on Bode Miller.

Why, you ask? Well, because this is the braniac who says, in describing his less sober adventures on the slopes:

"'Talk about a hard challenge right there. I mean, if you ever tried to ski when you

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Personally I think that any company that sponsors an idiot like Miller should be forced to donate that money to charity, and said atheletes should have to work at KFC to raise funds for their competition.

And I watched the pairs skating last night and have to agree with Kumquatq3. Yamma- Hamma.

And here is a nice clip of Russian hockey player Evengi Malkin laying a beautiful body check during a routing of Latvia.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I just think USA lacks the top talents this year. The old ones are gone and the new talent hasn't had time to mature into established stars yet. Team USA will be much better next time in Vancouver.

But then again.. most teams lose to a team that can dress Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Kovalev, Malkin (who's been outstanding.. Penguins are lucky) and so on. Nabokov looks solid in net too. The Russians will be fun to watch.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Where do the Australians' practice their ski jumping?

When it comes to any winter sport including ski jumping the athlets usually train and practice where the conditions are best, meaning suitable weather enviorment and proper infrastructure for their training, it's usually Switzerland, Austria, Italy...not their home country, because if that was the case you would have athlets in winter disciplins only from a few countries.