lightsaber color

how come i can't find a blue crystal for my lightsaber. blue is my favorite color of lightsaber but i can never find a blue one. i was wondering if after you leave peragus and atton asks what color your lightsaber was does it have anything to do with what crystals you find? because i always choose blue but i always find a yellow crystal. does anyone know?

There is a lightsabre color poll: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=39751

To answer your question, with the random loot generator nothing is certain, but sooner or later what you wnat might appear somewhere. You can also get what you want through cheat codes. The lightsabre color which you choose in the conversation with Atton doesn't matter at all.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

No what you say to Atton makes no differance in what color crystal you will find. However whatever color you tell him will make a differance in what color your lightsaber was in the cutscene of the counsil taking if from you.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

I use Alienware, so use that (and mods)... >_<

I think you can still get a silver blade if you choose that as your crystal and than use your custom crystal...

Deadly_Nightshade

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Go to a store that you have NEVER been to before. Save before you look through their stuff and see if they have any saber crystals. If they have any crystals for you, but not the colour you want, then load up the saved game and look again. The crystal should be a different colour. Keep doing this until you find the one you want. This also works with that salvager on Dantooine who gives you most of the parts for your saber.

Go to a store that you have NEVER been to before. Save before you look through their stuff and see if they have any saber crystals. If they have any crystals for you, but not the colour you want, then load up the saved game and look again. The crystal should be a different colour. Keep doing this until you find the one you want. This also works with that salvager on Dantooine who gives you most of the parts for your saber.

thanx. i think i will have to try that.

There is another source of crystals in the game that never changes.

The woman who gives you the dead salvager's quest on Dantooine, as nearly everyone is aware, also sells various robes and lightsaber parts. She will always have at least one red, blue, yellow, green and violet crystal. The number of each crystal varies from one to three, and she also rarely has a cyan crystal sitting there.

As well as this, viridan, silver and orange all have drop points.

So there are places to get the various crystals without reloading and hoping on the random loot generator hitting your colour crystal (sans bronze and cyan which are both exceedingly rare).

Edited by DoubleX

No reason to have two threads open that deal with lightsaber colors. Closure begins.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester