what PC do you use?

Dells good, what the hell you talking about?  ;)

Right, just because their entry level comps are sh*t doesn't mean their high end ones are. Plus they are going to be the first to have quad sli.

...not ta be a killjoy 'ere at the Dell lovefest, but they're shyte...cheap-arse generic psu's, cheap-arse mobos, cheap-arse drives, an' cheap-arse generic RAM...yer jus' payin' fer the name (an' big bucks fer the higher-end models)...yer waaaay better off buildin' yer own if'n ya knows yer way around a computer, since I's'd be willin' ta bet more than half o' the kiddies on the Dell payroll who answer the damnable phone when ya call 'em 'ave ta remove they's head from theys arses ta answer the call... <_<

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...20" Acer Ferrari, iirc...yummy, indeed... ;)

...I's thinkin' o' cancellin' me order fer the ViewSonic VP930B I hasn't recieved yet (been a month, fer shyte sake's an' still nuthin'...bastages) an' savin' up a bit more quid fer a Samsung 214T (Black)...looks rather yummy, it does...either that or the ViewSonic 2130B (Black)...decisions, decisions... :D

I could show you my tower but I'll show you my monitor instead....

lcdpic1.jpg

lcdpic2.jpg

:D

You knob! That is an overpriced piece of tat!

You could have got an extra four inches of screen real estate for the price of that stupid badge. ;)

++ INFLUENCE LOST ++

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You could have got an extra four inches of screen real estate for the price of that stupid badge. :rolleyes:

++ INFLUENCE LOST ++

Yah I could have but the the screen wouldn't have looked as good as the one I got. I tried various LCD monitors, including Dell, Viewsonic and Samsung, before deciding on the Acer.

Let's see your overpriced piece of **** monitor. :)

Edited by Setzer

You could have got an extra four inches of screen real estate for the price of that stupid badge. :rolleyes:

++ INFLUENCE LOST ++

Yah I could have but the the screen wouldn't have looked as good as the one I got. I tried various LCD monitors, including Dell, Viewsonic and Samsung, before deciding on the Acer.

Let's see your overpriced piece of **** monitor. :thumbsup:

That's ... different.

:shifty:

I had to get the matched set of IBM kit for everything. It was a business marketing decision, nothing to do with fanboyism. Nope. :D

AND it's a hybrid LCD / plasma. AND I bought it nearly three years ago.

How do you justify "wouldn't have looked as good"? The big, ugly red thing you have is only attractive to bower birds wannabe F1 racers ... who drive a Nissan. I suppose you have a bunch of Ferrari caps and shirts, too. :)

How can an bezel, however beautiful you misguidedly think it is, be better than extra screen pixels? :huh:

Next PC will be a custom job, though. Only best-of-breed: Dell 24" monitor might make it, depends on the state of the market when I am ready to buy in about six months or so.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

++ INFLUENCE LOST ++

Let's see your overpriced piece of **** monitor. :shifty:

That's ... different.

:huh:

I had to get the matched set of IBM kit for everything. It was a business marketing decision, nothing to do with fanboyism. Nope. :D

AND it's a hybrid LCD / plasma. AND I bought it nearly three years ago.

How do you justify "wouldn't have looked as good"? The big, ugly red thing you have is only attractive to bower birds wannabe F1 racers ... who drive a Nissan. I suppose you have a bunch of Ferrari caps and shirts, too. :)

How can an bezel, however beautiful you misguidedly think it is, be better than extra screen pixels? :huh:

Next PC will be a custom job, though. Only best-of-breed: Dell 24" monitor might make it, depends on the state of the market when I am ready to buy in about six months or so.

Check the monitor specs before you go running your mouth. And do you always ASSume ****? I happen to work as a PC technician and I didn't buy this monitor just because it looked pretty. I purchased 4 LCD's prior to getting this one and out of all of them the Acer had the better looking screen, least amount of ghosting, which I haven't seen yet, hardly any backlight bleeding and absolutely no tearing. You probably don't even know what any of that means --- oh wait, there I go ASSuming stuff. :thumbsup:

Edited by Setzer

Check the monitor specs before you go running your mouth.  And do you always ASSume ****? I happen to work as a PC technician and I didn't buy this monitor just because it looked pretty. I purchased 4 LCD's prior to getting this one and out of all of them the Acer had the better looking screen, least amount of ghosting, which I haven't seen yet, hardly any backlight bleeding and absolutely no tearing. You probably don't even know what any of that means --- oh wait, there I go ASSuming stuff.  ;)

Buddy I was in the IT industry before you were born. And I read the specs on the monitor a month or so ago in Custom PC, and even they couldn't give it a high recommendation. Overpriced for sucker wannabe racing drivers. :)

You swallowed a big, fat marketing pill. Only a fanboi would even consider buying that overpriced garish nightmare of a panel. Congrats! ^_^

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Check the monitor specs before you go running your mouth.  And do you always ASSume ****? I happen to work as a PC technician and I didn't buy this monitor just because it looked pretty. I purchased 4 LCD's prior to getting this one and out of all of them the Acer had the better looking screen, least amount of ghosting, which I haven't seen yet, hardly any backlight bleeding and absolutely no tearing. You probably don't even know what any of that means --- oh wait, there I go ASSuming stuff.  ;)

Buddy I was in the IT industry before you were born. And I read the specs on the monitor a month or so ago in Custom PC, and even they couldn't give it a high recommendation. Overpriced for sucker wannabe racing drivers. :)

You swallowed a big, fat marketing pill. Only a fanboi would even consider buying that overpriced garish nightmare of a panel. Congrats! ^_^

You don't even know what you're talking about -- just throwing stuff out there.

Congrats to you on being a class A - *Ahem*. :p

MOD EDIT - Keep it cool guys. tarna

I guess these people are talking out their ass too...

PC Advisor Review

bit-tech review

Probably not good enough for you since you've already come to your conclusion about the monitor without even testing it out for yourself. Stick to reading that Custom PC bible of yours.  :lol:

Not a Bible, just a group of geeks who do testing for a living and aren't on any payroll.

I like how hostile he is about what you do with your money...

Hostile? Who's hostile. I was just making a comment. People just don't like to hear their judgement questioned ... I never suggested the LCD was low quality, it just relies on mugs paying a premium for the -ahem- distinctive styling (or lack thereof).

Here is the Custom PC review (which, coincidentally, was taken from PC Pro):

4.gif

Verdict: A superb screen that excelled in our tests, but you can get the same performance for less ...

But what stops us recommending the F-20 is that for

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I like playing with a lot of eye candy on also :D

cpu AMD 64 X2 4800

memory OCZ 2x1 gb

mobo ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

HD 4xWD 74gb Raptor 10,000 rpm sata

graphics card ASUS 7800 gtx TOP 256mb

driver XG 83.90

sound card X-Fi Fatality