what PC do you use?

That is a ferocious game-eating machine! No, wait GAME-EATING MACHINE!!!11!H/\x0rRzzzZ!11

And truly deserves its emboldened status.

Except for the keyboard ... what happened there?

...what's wrong with the Saitek Eclipse keyboard???...matches the black/blue led theme o' me machine an' she's easy ta type on...dunna need 30 extra buttons I's'll ne'er use; keepin' it simple an' perty... ;)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Exact same KB I use and I love mine.

By the way, my new 74GB Raptor drive flies.  The map load times on Battlefield 2 now take less time than the client verification.  It's small, but prior to this I was using one 8 and one 12 gig drive.

I noticed a significant improvement upgrading from a SATA 7200 drive. My Seagate 160gb drive was my primary and when I got the Raptor I just slaved it and now use it as storage. Load times on all my games have been cut down. It's a great drive and Size hasn't really been an issue for me since I mainly just use it for my apps and games.

What's the noise like? Do you crank up the 5.1 / use earphones to blot out the aeroplane-take-off-in-a-hurrcane noise?

Or is it not too bad?

I don't think it's too bad. The HD working has never bothered me when playing games and I'm with speakers, not headphones.

When not playing games, the load on the HD is fairly minor, so then it's really a non-issue imo.

Here's the conclusion from the latest Custom PC, reviewing the new 150GB Raptor X (with the kewl window):

Western Digital had to do something radical to make the Raptor king of S-ATA disks again, and the company has delivered. However, the Raptor X can't compete with the 7,200rpm disks on price. At

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Far Cry level loading 50.5 [Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 (250GB) = 52]

Oh great. The bolded drive is the one I use! Nice of them to use it as the bad example :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Saitek keyboard? :)

I do like the Logitec M5 laser mouse ... where you get red one from? :drool:

...it ain't the cordless lazer mouse, jus' the MX510...still works fer what I needs it fer, though... :-

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Your using a 10k rpm disk for storage?

I use a 160 gig external Firewire drive for storage of documents/images. I use the Raptor for applications/games. If my Windows/game hard drive bites it, big deal. I can always re-install applications.

RE: NOISE

It's pretty quiet. Unless you have bat ears, I guess. Seriously though, my digital cable box makes more noise doing nothing than my tower does while playing games.

You're using a 10k rpm disk for storage?

I use a 160 gig external Firewire drive for storage of documents/images. I use the Raptor for applications/games. If my Windows/game hard drive bites it, big deal. I can always re-install applications.

Yeah, I was asking Setzer (see highlight):

By the way, my new 74GB Raptor drive flies.  The map load times on Battlefield 2 now take less time than the client verification.  It's small, but prior to this I was using one 8 and one 12 gig drive.

I noticed a significant improvement upgrading from a SATA 7200 drive. My Seagate 160gb drive was my primary and when I got the Raptor I just slaved it and now use it as storage. Load times on all my games have been cut down. It's a great drive and Size hasn't really been an issue for me since I mainly just use it for my apps and games.

RE: NOISE

It's pretty quiet.  Unless you have bat ears, I guess.  Seriously though, my digital cable box makes more noise doing nothing than my tower does while playing games.

I am just asking because every review mentions it, and my experience with 10k rpm drives were Compaq SCSII-extra wide RAID arrays, and they were quiet loud.

Actually, I'm pretty deaf (too many nightclubs when I was younger?) so I doubt if I would notice it anyway. :ninja:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You're using a 10k rpm disk for storage?

Yeah, I was asking Setzer (see highlight):

No, I'm not using my Raptor as storage. Re-read what I said -- I replaced my primary drive -- the 160gb Seagate -- with the Raptor and now use the Seagate as my storage drive.

post-2035-1140920012_thumb.jpgPictures speak louder than words. :ermm:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

post-2035-1140920012_thumb.jpgPictures speak louder than words.  >_<

...pleeze tell me that ain't a Dell... :thumbsup:

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

post-2035-1140920012_thumb.jpgPictures speak louder than words.  >_<

...pleeze tell me that ain't a Dell... :thumbsup:

What Bok said. I'm dumb...I know... :)

Runs like a dream though.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast