what PC do you use?

see what we mean? talk to three different folks...

storagereview.com and hardocp.com is sites worth checking out. taks actually referred us to hardocp and we has gotten some useful help from the hard folks on more than a few occasions since then. neither aforementioned site is a retail or magazine site so they is maybe less likely to be owned by the man... though the man gots long arms and a firm grip so who really knows.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Seagate has 30% of the HDD market, so you can find a lot of people not happy about them. I remember reading an article about the return rate of HDD 2 or 3 years ago: Seagate was around 2%, most of the others around 3.5% and IBM at 7% (that's why i remember it, no wonder IBM sold their HDD division).

IBM had a really horrible period around 2001-2004, between my friends, we had an IBM drive crash every 4months or so.

My prefered brand of HDD's is Western Digital and has been for ages.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

see what we mean?  talk to three different folks...

storagereview.com and hardocp.com is sites worth checking out. taks actually referred us to hardocp and we has gotten some useful help from the hard folks on more than a few occasions since then.  neither aforementioned site is a retail or magazine site so they is maybe less likely to be owned by the man... though the man gots long arms and a firm grip so who really knows.

It is a trecherous path, best by the tyrannies of evil men. I put a lot of credence in PC Format, simply because there testing is rigorous.

The magazine tested power supplies a few months ago, in October, to determine if the advertised wattage was a fair indication of the reliable power supplied. Half of the thirty-odd PSUs BLEW UP under

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ahhh, I remember when my PC use to kick ass. Not it's just moderate. :devil:

Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.2 GHZ

- Worst move I made was buying Intel again... Should of gone AMD.

1.00 GB of Ram

Sapphire Radeon X800XL, PCI-Express

- Another stupid move on my part, didn't future proof my getting an SLI motherboard.

I hate you people and your nice computers. <_<

Why would you say that??? :ermm:

Deadly_Nightshade

jealousy

I have to admit, I'm a little jealous (too). But it's not "bad" jealousy, I think you should be proud of your computers and be happy that you have those and all that...

Still, at least I have a computer, though it's not a good one. :lol:

Jealousy is better than envy.

Jealousy says "I like what you want and I want it too."

Envy says "I want what you've got, and if I can't have it, neither can you." :geek:

Hitachi bought the hardrive business off IBM a few years ago, didn't they? They should be pretty reliable. Seagate are good, always have been.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I may not have the latest best thing but it gets the job done. I can play any game currently out.

The latest best thing is a waste of money. I upgrade or replace my computer when presented with a game it can't handle - extra RAM for Bloodlines and a new video card for Civilizations IV. :ermm:

Though my nice new video card is already below recommended standard for Oblivion. Maybe if I turn off the shadows...

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I may not have the latest best thing but it gets the job done. I can play any game currently out.

The latest best thing is a waste of money. I upgrade or replace my computer when presented with a game it can't handle - extra RAM for Bloodlines and a new video card for Civilizations IV. :)

Though my nice new video card is already below recommended standard for Oblivion. Maybe if I turn off the shadows...

My custom built computer is using technology two years old, it gets teh job done. The latest great best thing is a waste of money. A month from now it's old technology and cheaper.

I'm still running on an ME platform.

:(

I had ME for six months, and I'd say upgrading to XP is a really really good idea, well worth the money. My overriding memory of ME was constantly waiting for the next inevitable crash. :)

Edit: Home Edition is fine, though.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

ME is rubbish. XP Home is better, but is still the same codebase; Win2k and XP Pro are better (2k is the most stable, which is why businesses favour it), especially for networking.

I'd consider waiting a few months for Vista (assuming your PC can handle the minimum spec): usually the big Redmond monster gives some sort of upgrade path for recent purchases of their OS, but I wouldn't count on it being free (it might be, if you buy XP now).

:)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT