Jade Empire Is A Big Fat Financial Failure!!!

Volourn

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...chnology/AtPlay

Hahaha! Tricked ya! More evidence that JE is a financial success. So who is gonna finally admit that they were wrong when they said it was.

It's almost embarassing when I am right all the time. :thumbsup:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What are The Movies and JE doing on the list at all actually.

If it is about financial profit with games who are original and without a lot of "recognizable brand" stuff they shouldn't allow BioWare games or games of Peter Molyneux...

Edit; Spelling and

EDIT; And why is Darwinia on the list? Sure, it was original. Sure, it was having good critics, but it never became a commercial success...

Edited by BattleCookiee

"Who would think the JE wasn't a financial success? :S"

You must be new as you missed threads like these:

http://www.obsidianentertainment.com/

"Fortunately those of us over here in reality don't need to deal with this delusional scenario frequently."

Is the same relaity where JE flopped? :thumbsup:"

"If it is about financial games with original games without a lot of "regonisable brand" stuff they shouldn't allow BioWare games"

You overestimate BIO's name brand recognization. I keep saying this; but BIO as far as the 'main stream' goes isn't all that well know compared to the real big wigs.

Edited by Volourn

That article has no real relevence to whether or not Jade Empire was a financial success or not. It mentions it in passing, the article is about original IPs getting made when there is so much capital at risk.

Yes, it does call JE a success, but thats an editorial and proves nothing. I could make an editorial on why it was a tremendous flop.

Yeah; but you are bias against HIo to begin with and now as a competitor of BIo's you have an even more direct reason to want BIo to flop.

It be like me making an article saying 'JE was a financial success'. It be hard for oyhers tot ake my article as fact since I'm obviously biased in JE's favor.

The Globe & Mail has no reason to be bias, and I'm sure they did research to come up with the list.

Nice try; though. :thumbsup:

Edited by Volourn

Yeah; but you are bias against HIo to begin with and now as a competitor of BIo's you have an even more direct reason to want BIo to flop.

It be like me making an article saying 'JE was a financial success'. It be hard for oyhers tot ake my article as fact since I'm obviously biased in JE's favor.

The Globe & Mail has no reason to be bias, and I'm sure they did research to come up with the list.

Nice try; though. :thumbsup:

Yes, I am clearly biased against competitors, and want them all to fail... as evidenced by my supporting Obsidian, posting on their boards, and planning to make a rather large series of modules using NWN2.

I'm interested in Mass Effect and Dragon Age (albeit not much interest in Dragon Age), but I would, obviously, like nothing more than these to fail.

:roll:

JE had lackluster gameplay, lackluster story, lackluster RP, and a slew of other mediocre elements to the game. The game's sales reflect this. Mediocrity, they name is Jade Empire.

You overestimate BIO's name brand recognization. I keep saying this; but BIO as far as the 'main stream' goes isn't all that well know compared to the real big wigs.

No, you clearly underestimate's BIO's Fame. Would NWN would ever sell that good without Bio's rep. Would KOTOR ever sell that good. Hell, didn't KOTOR2 benefit from both the rep of Bio and Black Isle making it the seller as it is?

And now, alot of people anticapite for Dragon Age/Project New Jersey. And what do we know? Besides that the company has a good rep?

"The game's sales reflect this. Mediocrity, they name is Jade Empire."

Proof shows otherswise. The rest is your silly biased opinion.

You ar elooking forwrad to DA and ME so you cna bash them as well. LOL :D

"JE had lackluster gameplay, lackluster story, lackluster RP, and a slew of other mediocre elements to the game."

Says the one who holds IWD2 as his favorite RPG of all time even though it isn't even the best game in that series. Hahaha!!

R00fles!

"No, you clearly underestimate's BIO's Fame."

Nope. I called well before JE's release it would sell 500k copies or so within a reaosnable time. I *wa* right. Seems I estimate BIo's popualrity absolutely fine.

" Would NWN would ever sell that good without Bio's rep. Would KOTOR ever sell that good. Hell, didn't KOTOR2 benefit from both the rep of Bio and Black Isle making it the seller as it is?"

NWN, and KOTOR sold because of their respective licenses. You seem to forget that both NWN and KOTOR sold over 2 mil copies each. JE is likely still between 600k-1mil copies.

HUGE difference. Seems to me that BIO's name isn't nearly as storng as you think it is.

Try this: Ask a gamer (that doesn't post here or on some other BIO knowledgable site) th following questions:

Who is Blizzard, and what games ahve they made?

then ask them:

Who is Bioware, and what games have they made?

Then it be game over.

And now, alot of people anticapite for Dragon Age/Project New Jersey. And what do we know? Besides that the company has a good rep?

Edited by Volourn

Wow, I thought I was the only one who made that mistake :-

Trust me, ALOT of people made that mistake. Everybody I know who bought B&W regrets it

He lied alot with Fable...Why would you buy B&W?  :-

Fable was released AFTER B&W :thumbsup:

I wasn't really too interested in B&W so I didn't keep track of it, but I do remember alot of angry comments on the IGN Fable board :-" Funny as hell.

I wasn't really too interested in B&W so I didn't keep track of it, but I do remember alot of angry comments on the IGN Fable board  :thumbsup:"  Funny as hell.

Lionhead made 3 games, and they all dissapoint. If that doesn't prove Molyneux lost his good old Bullfrog touch.

But still people buy their (LH) games...

I wasn't really too interested in B&W so I didn't keep track of it, but I do remember alot of angry comments on the IGN Fable board  :-"  Funny as hell.

Lionhead made 3 games, and they all dissapoint. If that doesn't prove Molyneux lost his good old Bullfrog touch.

But still people buy their (LH) games...

I enjoyed Fable :D

I'm gonna go now before I get crucified for that last comment :thumbsup: