BioShock - Game Informer March 06

Morgoth

Look at this great artwork!

I'm anticipating no other game so anxiously than this one.... It's from the System Shock2 creators, after all!

Anyone here having an abo or planning to get this magazine? When does this issue come out btw? Anyone who PMs me a scanned preview gets a delicious Mozart-Pie delivered per air express! :D

Hopefully there will be screenshots this time. I've been waiting for any info since this game was announced a year ago.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Everytime I read the title of this game I always make the quick impression that it's made by BIO... even though I know it's not. LOL

That's the only "worthy" addition I have to this thread or game so I'll shut up now. :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

There's been so little hype surrounding this game, I'd almost forgotten it.

It scores high on my interest-o-meter though! System Shock 2 is one of my favourite games ever.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Everytime I read the title of this game I always make the quick impression that it's made by BIO... even though I know it's not. LOL

That's the only "worthy" addition I have to this thread or game so I'll shut up now. :D

Can't blame you. "Bio" became a classic eye-snap-thingy to me as well and usually evokes pleasent thoughts like "Baldur's Gate", and "NWN".

And although "Bio" is good, "BioShock" is better! :rolleyes:

I heard that the March issue ships today to subscribers, is that right? I need infos! Go forth my seeking children, and bring back hints for Mighty Morgoth!

Never heard of it.  :ph34r:

It's never too late to repent. Buy the magazine and convert :shifty:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not to be the ugly voice of realism here, but its exactly this sort of exagerated and unmerited over-anticipation that leads to all those omg, I can't believe this game is such an awful disapointment threads that give me such a headache on game forums immediately following a game's release.

I'm sure all you KoToR2 people know the kind of threads i'm talking about.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Not to be the ugly voice of realism here, but its exactly this sort of exagerated and unmerited over-anticipation that leads to all those omg, I can't believe this game is such an awful disapointment threads that give me such a headache on game forums immediately following a game's release.

I'm sure all you KoToR2 people know the kind of threads i'm talking about.

But KoToR2 was a marginally disappointing game.. Even without all the hype.

It just didn't live up to its predecessor.

There are some games that have actually lived up to the hype.. Granted, few and far between.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

lol oblivion

Very true. Anybody who has already charted that up on the best of 2006 list is jumping the gun.

I'm sure not rushing out and buying it the day it hits the shelves.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

There are some games that have actually lived up to the hype.. Granted, few and far between.

I can't think of one. Most games that go down as "great" are either low-hyped or not hyped at all.