Day of Defeat: Source

metadigital

DoD: Source is actually a lot of fun, although it's way too fast for a WW2 game and the weapons need looked at (it's too easy to run around spraying bullets with the assault class, the US rifle is a lot harder to use than the Axis one). A few more maps, including a couple of the dynamic ones where the spawns move back and forward, and a bit more love and it could be a classic.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

It's not a new thing for Source, it is part of the original game (if it exists at all). I found it quite bizarre when I read it, so I didn't download DoD to see. (My harddrive is currently full of other fun things to play.)

;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

DoD and DoD:Source are the only multiplayer shooters that I have ever played on a regular basis.

Heck, with the exeption of NWN they are the only multiplayer games at all that I have played on a regular basis.

DoD :wacko:

I remember the nightmare (the cipher took about an hour to decrypt all the game files).

Since then I have re-installed HL2 after a complete hd rebuild in a few minutes (less than five, iirc): Steam is a revolutionary product.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I like the idea of steam. They just underestimated it for HL2 launch.

I bought the collector's edition, and it was quite frustrating to wait upwards of an hour just for the game to unlock. Eventually it just timed out, said it would let me play on a provisional basis, and would ask for me to log in at a later time.

I like the idea of steam.  They just underestimated it for HL2 launch.

I bought the collector's edition, and it was quite frustrating to wait upwards of an hour just for the game to unlock.  Eventually it just timed out, said it would let me play on a provisional basis, and would ask for me to log in at a later time.

They just didn't trust you. The computers are out for you, Mr Schu ... :ph34r:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT