Bioware presents StarWars Dragons: Vice City 2K6 ?

Draikin

Is Take Two listed on the US stock market? Aren't they, therefore, bound by Sarbannes-Oxyley (SOx) legislation, brought in especially to counter Enron-type legerdemain on the balance sheet?

... Does this mean Bioware's financial foundations are built on sandy ground? :thumbsup:

Edit: Yah! The bunny ^ is back.

Edited by metadigital

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'll give the same reply I did on nwn2news:

I honestly wouldn't shed a tear if Bioware got eaten up. They have not (in my opinion) put out a decent full PC game since BG2. They are living on past glory with little in the wings that excites me (as a non-console guy). Sorry, but Dragon Age looks to be NWN-lite and little else.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I'll give the same reply I did on nwn2news:

I honestly wouldn't shed a tear if Bioware got eaten up. They have not (in my opinion) put out a decent full PC game since BG2. They are living on past glory with little in the wings that excites me (as a non-console guy). Sorry, but Dragon Age looks to be NWN-lite and little else.

What about Mass Effect, Baldur's gate 3, KOTOR3, Jade Empire 2 and all of their expansions?

Ooooh MDK3?

Rhomal doesn't realize that if it wans't for Bioware, Obsidian wouldn't have worked on either KOTOR2 or NWN2 - two million + guarnateed sellers.

Plus, it seems that for now, Obsidian as much as I like them, are also living on past glory. Afterall, they got both games *because* of their old ties with BIO. Seems to me BIO isn't the only one working on 'past glory'.

Of course, since BG, BIO has worked on NWN (wayyyyy better than BG2), KOTOR (ok game thoguh overrated), and JE (not PC; but just as good as BG2 and better than BG1 and definitely better than either KOTOR).

Then again, Rhomal shouldn't be talking again. As he's proven to be ignorant - he still believes that JE has no dialogue skills. LOL That's funny 'cause it has more dialogue skills than the KOTOR series. LOLLERS

R00fles!

As for the topic, as I've said before, I don't really care what happens to any company. Be it BIO, Obsidian, or any other. I buy games. if BIO continues to make games I feel I'll enjoy; I'll continue buying. If they don't make games I feel I'd like; I won't buy said games.

Period.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Rhomal doesn't realize that if it wans't for Bioware, Obsidian wouldn't have worked on either KOTOR2 or NWN2 - two million + guarnateed sellers.

Plus, it seems that for now, Obsidian as much as I like them, are also living on past glory. Afterall,  they got both games *because* of their old ties with BIO. Seems to me BIO isn't the only one working on 'past  glory'.

Of course, since BG, BIO has worked on NWN (wayyyyy better than BG2), KOTOR (ok game thoguh overrated), and JE (not PC; but just as good as BG2 and better than BG1 and definitely better than either KOTOR).

Then again, Rhomal shouldn't be talking again. As he's proven to be ignorant - he still believes that JE has no dialogue skills. LOL That's funny 'cause it has more dialogue skills than the KOTOR series. LOLLERS

R00fles!

As for the topic, as I've said before, I don't really care what happens to any company. Be it BIO, Obsidian, or any other. I buy games. if BIO continues to make games I feel I'll enjoy; I'll continue buying. If they don't make games I feel I'd like; I won't buy said games.

Period.

:huh:

Speaking of ignorant... what about the 'speaking as a non-console guy' did you people not grasp? To translate: NOT taking into account their console games and speaking as a PC only gamer.

As a PC only gamer my comments are accurate. They have not done anything good (story wise, full game) since BG2 and for a overall PC game not produced anything since classic NWN.

And V, you made your point about my error JE a LONG time ago, you just getting your kicks beating me up over that still? gezz... grow up/move on. seriouslly

I know you are a bioware fan boi but come on...

:huh:

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Though Volurn does have a point. The fansite you spend so much time running is being made by a company that received a leg up by making a sequel to a Bioware game, and the game that you so avidly follow through its development is because of a Bioware game.

Surely you must have enjoyed NWN at least a little bit in order to create a NWN2 news site.

EDIT: Darque's ninja bunny snuck in between somehow.

Edited by alanschu

"Speaking of ignorant... what about the 'speaking as a non-console guy' did you people not grasp? To translate: NOT taking into account their console games and speaking as a PC only gamer."

I pointed this out.

"As a PC only gamer my comments are accurate. They have not done anything good (story wise, full game) since BG2 and for a overall PC game not produced anything since classic NWN."

No, it isn't. First off, it's your opinion. Second off, as much as I'ma BIO 'fanboy. (lol, a fanboy that calls BIO's best seller overrated :D )

"And V, you made your point about my error JE a LONG time ago, you just getting your kicks beating me up over that still? gezz... grow up/move on. seriouslly"

I'm just teasin'...

"I know you are a bioware fan boi but come on..."

I honestly don't think most people know what fanboy truly is. Last I checked, fanboys don't say what ever company they are a 'faboy of''s game s as overrated like I constantly do with KOTOR. not to much emntion, I haven't even bothered to play every BIO game.

At least when someone calls someone a fanboy at least know what the word means.

You Obsidian Fanboy, you. :huh::(

Though Volurn does have a point.  The fansite you spend so much time running is being made by a company that received a leg up by making a sequel to a Bioware game, and the game  that you so avidly follow through its development is because of a Bioware game.

Surely you must have enjoyed NWN at least a little bit in order to create a NWN2 news site.

EDIT:  Darque's ninja bunny snuck in between somehow.

V - fair enough

alanschu - so let me get this strait. I have to kiss their arse because the game I am following is a sequal to one of theirs? I didnt know that takes away my right for being critical of their PC gaming (lack of) focus/quality.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

"I have to kiss their arse because the game I am following is a sequal to one of theirs?"

No one said you had to 'kiss their arse'.

" I didnt know that takes away my right for being critical of their PC gaming (lack of) focus/quality."

It doesn't. However, there's a difference between being 'critical', and simply bashing.

ie. I'm critical of the KOTOR series. I BASH the ES series. LOL :D

Edited by Volourn

alanschu - so let me get this strait. I have to kiss their arse because the game I am following is a sequal to one of theirs? I didnt know that takes away my right for being critical of their PC gaming (lack of) focus/quality.

No....I never said kiss their ass. Let's not take things to the extreme here.

Though I am skeptical that you were initially as critical towards NWN as you seem to be now, in order to be so excited for the sequel. A sequel likely in production because of the merits of the original game.

I suppose it's not impossible, but I find it difficult to think that someone would be so interested in a sequel of a game he didn't particularly care for.

Edited by alanschu

Plus, it should be pointed out again, that this started with the accusation that BIO is living on past gloroy when that's exactly what Obsidian has done... and their 'past glory' is /was a whole different company's work... that being BIS.

It seems like a double standard is at play, imo.

At least BIO is BIO (well, for now anyways, lol).

Anyways, that's enough from me on the issue. Probably bored of me by now... again...:lol:"

Edited by Volourn

Plus, it should be pointed out again, that this started with the accusation that BIO is living on past gloroy when that's exactly what Obsidian has done... and their 'past glory' is /was a whole different company's work... that being BIS.

Obsidian hopefully should make a name for themselves with NWN2. If NWN2 turns out good, then they can start living off of obsidian, not BIS. But your right, right now with one game, they are presented as a company with potential because of their past, not because of kotor2.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Obsidian hopefully should make a name for themselves with NWN2. If NWN2 turns out good, then they can start living off of obsidian, not BIS. But your right, right now with one game, they are presented as a company with potential because of their past, not because of kotor2.

As a company, the only past they have IS KOTOR2.

Obsidian is known more for being the former employees at Black Isle than the developers of kotor2. I'm just saying kotor2 is only one game and it was not enough to make a reputation for Obsidian. Hopefully NWN2 will do that, and they

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Obsidian is known more for being the former employees at Black Isle than the developers of kotor2. I'm just saying kotor2 is only one game and it was not enough to make a reputation for Obsidian. Hopefully NWN2 will do that, and they

No....I never said kiss their ass. Let's not take things to the extreme here.

Though I am skeptical that you were initially as critical towards NWN as you seem to be now, in order to be so excited for the sequel. A sequel likely in production because of the merits of the original game.

I suppose it's not impossible, but I find it difficult to think that someone would be so interested in a sequel of a game he didn't particularly care for.

I invite you to find one post by me as Harlequin, Rhomal or Strauss where I stated I thought the nwn oc was better then 'sub-par'.

I have always been critical of the nwn1 OC/behind the times graphics out of the box. However OTOH I have always given it strong props for its toolset & MP capabilities. But the previous comments I made were a focus on the OC obviouslly.

Of course I enjoyed nwn1... on a toolset, server, MP level. Certainly not for the eye candy or story. I have always been consistant on that stance.

With that said, I am hopfully that nwn2 will correct that short coming. But with ONLY their past compaines (BIS) games to create a base line its hard for me to equate obsidian with anything else. I have heard many opinions about KotOR2 but since I dont like SW and thus never bought it I cant really put that into the equasion, pro or con, if I never played it.

Also since thats their first game I think some slack should be granted. Was shattered steel biowares first great title that put them on the map? ermm... no. BG1 was, their second title.

Now if nwn2 is rushed or shows obvious production issues like what I have heard of KotOR2 I will be the first in line to be critical. And you can take that to the bank. But the bottom line is I have no base line to really form a firm opinion of obsidian yet, but I do have one of bioware. You cant fairly compair a dev with one game out the door vs one with over half dozen. That one game could easily be a fluke (pro or con).

Thus why I feel my comments are fair.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

I tend to get over things quickly :)

That's what you said last night :p

As for Obsidian living on past glory? they have only made one game... one. now go home and think about this.

you might say, "but Blank, you are the one that needs to think about this. a lot of the guys in Obsidian used to be with BIS, and that is why i say they are living on past glory. you are the one that needs to go home, Blank."

but i say, "they have started with a new slate. that is why they are not BIS anymore. it is a different company, trying to stand up on its own two feet. for now, they are making/have made a couple games from the consent of Bioware, but they are also starting their own IP's, and they will work on those just as hard, if not harder, than they worked on the games from Bioware, since those IP's are what proves who Obsidian is, and Obsidian knows this."