Happy slappers get lashing

Atreides

Some of you might be familiar with happy slapping. Here it is according to wiki:

Happy slapping is the term used to describe a recent fad whereby a person, or group of persons slap an unsuspecting victim (usually women or lone men) while an accomplice films the assault using any form of video recording device, most commonly as camera phone or a smart phone. It is thought to have first become popular in South London, but it has now spread across Europe and North America.

Anyway I'll skip the issue of the victims getting assaulted suddenly by gangs and go to what Saudi Arabia's done. They've sentenced the "happy" slappers to a few hundred lashes and lots of time in jail each.

I know that sometimes we want to see people get punished, especially when we feel like we can't do anything about it. Sweet revenge or things going ovebroard?

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Oddly enough I met the best friend of a man who died from a 'happy slapping' assault. The victim had survived a terrorist blast during the 80s, and was killed by a bunch of kids on his own doorstep. I have no printable words....

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest Mistress
I know that sometimes we want to see people get punished, especially when we feel like we can't do anything about it.  Sweet revenge or things going ovebroard?

I don't know. "Happy slapping" is utterly deplorable, and is dangerous (the latter being a totally redundant statement). It can get out of hand pretty easily, and people have caused a lot of damage with it - one story that comes to mind is a 16yr old girl that was a victim - she was in a coma briefly if I remember correctly, and had some nasty injuries.

Something needs to be done to prevent the spread and growth of this fad.

I don't think its the fad that's worrying. It's the minds that adhere to it. Callousness and violence would exist without the technology or the trend. Overall I disagree completely with the way in which we handle youth crime.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How do you slap someone to death..? I'd imagine their hands starting to bleed long before the victim would die from the slapping.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I know sometimes people can feel powerless to stop the hooligans and simmer because of it. One (Brit) poster I know complained about his car being continuously trashed by gangs of kids.

It's kind of weird that adults have become scared of kids. They're not even violent gangsters... yet. Plus sometimes the authorities may not always be around to stop them, and may not be backed up by the law in some cases to arrest them. Cue simmering rage.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Happy lashings in exchange for happy slappings? Sounds like a fair deal to me. I guess it depends on how the whipping is conducted (ie, if the convict faints, he is removed until recovery ensures he can fully enjoy the whipping), and the severity. I'd say no less than 50 strokes.

Let's not forget that this kind of punishment was widely used in European navies for a long time, and it worked great to keep aggressively disgruntled sailors in place. I figure it would have an even greater effect on that juvenile scum.

The only thing I regret is that we no longer have such great things as lashings and forced labor over here, in the oh-so-humane West. I mean, sure, a $500 fine hurts like hell. But how many of you would pay $500 to avoid getting lashed?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'd take the lash. At least the first time. The scars would look cool! :thumbsup:

FYI the lash was a lousy substitute for proper discipline enforced by good recruits, good officers, and good incentives for positive behaviour. At least in the opinion of many modern historians of the Royal Navy.

-Elwood Blues

Agreed. I'm going to turn your argument around, though. If sailors had absolutely no reason to observe discipline, and still they did, that kinda speaks volumes in favor of the efficiency of physical punishment as a deterrent.

Also, there aren't many good incentives for good behaviour when you are pulling exhausting and rather hazardous shifts for a laughable wage, with the only reward being a wheat "cookie" ridden with worms, and maybe, a jar of grog at the end of the day. Not to mention a large amount of the sailors had actually been forcibly drafted.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The most extreme video I've seen is where some skinhead chav is sitting on a chair and somebody off-screen smacks him in the face with an ironing board. I'll admit it was hilarious, but it must have hurt like hell.

Just so you know... that ain't happy slapping...

Happy slapping is the purpously assaulting of innocent bystanders (or people they know who didn't ask for it) and filming it for "fun"

EDIT; For a better definition

Edited by Battlecookiee

And loads of lashes and jail time? Sounds far too soft for me. It's too bad that for some odd reason death penalty no longer exists in the "civilised world"...

Right, because when they do it, it's wrong, when you do it, it's fine. The death penalty is hypocrisy at it's finest.

Some of you might be familiar with happy slapping.  Here it is according to wiki:

Happy slapping is the term used to describe a recent fad whereby a person, or group of persons slap an unsuspecting victim (usually women or lone men) while an accomplice films the assault using any form of video recording device, most commonly as camera phone or a smart phone. It is thought to have first become popular in South London, but it has now spread across Europe and North America.

Anyway I'll skip the issue of the victims getting assaulted suddenly by gangs and go to what Saudi Arabia's done. They've sentenced the "happy" slappers to a few hundred lashes and lots of time in jail each.

I know that sometimes we want to see people get punished, especially when we feel like we can't do anything about it. Sweet revenge or things going ovebroard?

Ops, I nearly forgot...

3d58edf5.gif

;) Sorry to be so cheezy! :)

Right, because when they do it, it's wrong, when you do it, it's fine. The death penalty is hypocrisy at it's finest.

The killing of innocents is wrong.

But since a murderer is hardly "innocent" in my book, sure, give 'em the same treatment as they give others.

And with the advanced DNA-research we have today, killing people who where jailed innocent will become very difficult...

EDIT; And to AlternaFurkle: ;) WTF?

First you totally miss what Happy Slapping is about (even if it was in the first post) and now you make a post that makes even LESS sense/has less reasoning than that one...

Lol sorry...I wanted to try out my new 'ZoMg Tahts rasist!11' pic. The slight mention of Saudi Arabia was too tempting for me.

:)

Jodo Kast?

Edited by Battlecookiee

And with the advanced DNA-research we have today, killing people who where jailed innocent will become very difficult...

But not impossible. Killing an innocent is the kind of mistake you can't fix. The risk of killing a single innocent is enough to render the whole death penalty system contrary to the idea of "justice" it's supposed to be based on.

Not only that, but an executed convict will never be able to experience the kind of pain that those close to a murder victim have to endure. Executing them is letting them off too easy.

Lol sorry...I wanted to try out my new 'ZoMg Tahts rasist!11' pic. The slight mention of Saudi Arabia was too tempting for me.

Random posting at its finest.

Damn! I hadn't realised happy slapping had become so widespread. Its snuff video for the masses.

As for the arab lashing sentence? Thats the law of their land and the nature of the crime sounds like indecent assault, so the perps are lucky they weren't castrated as punishment. If anything the sentencing serves as an example. Its a shame there are no lashings for chav kids in this country.

What sort of sadistic brats are these anyway? Governments ought to send them all to Saudi Arabia for a lecture in what the Saudis call "happy whippin'". :rolleyes:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

And loads of lashes and jail time? Sounds far too soft for me. It's too bad that for some odd reason death penalty no longer exists in the "civilised world"...

We are sooo much in agreement here!

Happy lashings in exchange for happy slappings?

The only thing I regret is that we no longer have such great things as lashings and forced labor over here, in the oh-so-humane West. I mean, sure, a $500 fine hurts like hell. But how many of you would pay $500 to avoid getting lashed?

In a freeking heartbeat!!

What sort of sadistic brats are these anyway? Governments ought to send them all to Saudi Arabia for a lecture in what the Saudis call "happy whippin'".  :p

(w00t) From someone that paid extra for frontrow seats at the Singapore caning...I love it! :o

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.