Support Obsidian and LucasArts

Guest The Architect

KoToR 3 I`d DEFINETELY buy!

Expansion pack... won`t pay money TWICE for something that I should`ve paid ONCE only

I LOVE what Obsidian did in the VERY short time they had... the NEW features and ideas on a very old engine were nice too. For that they had what they deserved when I bought the game.

Reasons for being an unfinished product don`t concern me as customer..I can understand them as a person...hence no money for expansion.. NEW game without blinking I`ll buy...but AFTER I`m sure it is finished

Sorry

It would be in LA's best interest to step-in and make a deal with Team-gizka to release the patch. If you think about it, it's a win-win for everyone involved. Granted, I don't know how typical development contracts are constructed but I would think that if they cut Team-Gizka a flat check for services rendered and then put an addendum on Obsidian's original contract for a percentage of additional sales on a "special edition" everyone walks away happy. Team-Gizka gets paid for something they were willing to do for free, and LA and Obsidian see additonal profits from a "Special Edition" they sunk very little time or money into. I would be curious to see how Fable: The Lost Chapters sold, because I think that could give us an idea of how profitable it would be for LA.

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

Expansion pack... won`t pay money TWICE for something that I should`ve paid ONCE only

I LOVE what Obsidian did in the VERY short time they had... the NEW features and ideas on a very old engine were nice too. For that they had what they deserved when I bought the game.

Reasons for being an unfinished product don`t concern me as customer..I can understand them as a person...hence no money for expansion.. NEW game without blinking I`ll buy...but AFTER I`m sure it is finished

Sorry

I think they did a pretty impressive job in the short time period. Obsidian created an awsome graphical interface, which I might add was a vast improvement over the first. Even though there are quiks and such, I think they made some significant progress. ;)

Sorry

I think they did a pretty impressive job in the short time period. Obsidian created an awsome graphical interface, which I might add was a vast improvement over the first. Even though there are quiks and such, I think they made some significant progress. :thumbsup:

Yes, it's takes a lot of effort to change some colors on some interface someone else slaved over for months.

Sorry

I think they did a pretty impressive job in the short time period. Obsidian created an awsome graphical interface, which I might add was a vast improvement over the first. Even though there are quiks and such, I think they made some significant progress. :thumbsup:

Yes, it's takes a lot of effort to change some colors on some interface someone else slaved over for months.

Half of the story was even cut out...I WILL buy it :(

IB1OsQq.png

Sorry

I already said that I am VERY impressed about what they did in the very short time they had

HOWEVER, someone "persuaded" them to release a beta at best as being an finished product. I understand that Obsidian was NOT happy with that idea as a person. As a customer I paid for a finished product and I EXPECT to have a finished product...I don`t care of the reasons behind it.

I CAN support Obsidian BUT I can`t support the "persuader". And since the "persuader" will get most of the money which I`m not supposed to give in the first place there will be no buy.

I repeat..I am VERY impressed about their work and only hope they WILL do KoToR 3 and actually be left alone to FINISH it..if not for the community/customers at least for the KoToR series which was probably the best game made on the SW frachise(where almost all of them failed except for Jedi Knight since the other 2 were kind of rip-offs).

Therefore I WILL buy Obsidian made KoToR 3 IF it`s finished.

Won`t pay for something I paid for already

I remember a time when the internet was not widely spread and games couldn't rely on patches to make their flawed products work. Games back then were complete and bug free and those dev/pubs that didn't deliver were bankrupt and dissapeared from existance.

Aah the good old days...

Good old days :thumbsup: ...when we used arrow and letter as express post :(

:D

IB1OsQq.png

I remember a time when the internet was not widely spread and games couldn't rely on patches to make their flawed products work. Games back then were complete and bug free and those dev/pubs that didn't deliver were bankrupt and dissapeared from existance.

Aah the good old days...

Gone are those days. :thumbsup:

I can't remember if the support was good.

Aah the good old days...

You mean the good old days of the Ultimas and such, with the 8 patches just to get the game running (and then very unstable and with a zillion of bugs) :thumbsup:?

LA won`t give money to Team-Gizka

If it's financially in their best interest to do so , Why wouldn't they? As I said it's a win-win. How much do you think it would cost to have Obsidian or LA personnel fix the issues with KOTOR 2? I'm willing to wager it would cost alot more than what they would have to give Team-gizka for their efforts. Remember LA holds all the chips. If they said, "We'll give you 100,000 dollars for your work." and Team-gizka said, "We want more." LA would simply remind them that it's their IP and that if they don't accept it they'll shut down their site.

If LA was able to sell a "Special Edition" at $20.00 and sell 250,000 units, (which is fairly modest considering the orig sold 500,000 units on the XBOX alone in the first month at $50.00.) that's an additional $5,000,000 in sales. If you figure they give Obsidian a percentage and factor in marketing costs they could potetntially make another $2,500,000 on this title. In the end money talks and ....well you know the rest. Ultimately, it depends on whether LA has the foresight to try something like this. I'm sure there are a host of other legal issues involved regarding development and publishing contracts, but in the end it makes sense financially for all parties.

Edited by Stewdawg24

If they said, "We'll give you 100,000 dollars for your work." and Team-gizka said, "We want more."  LA would simply remind them that it's their IP and  that if they don't accept it they'll shut down their site.

Blackmailing always gives companies a good reputation ;)"

Unfortunately, it's the truth. LA holds alll the cards. I'm not saying that they wouldn't be reasonable with TG and make a fair offer, but in the end the fact reamins that it's their IP, which is the ultimate 'Ace up their sleeve' in these hypothetical negotiations.

There is no way in hell I would buy the game again for the same price just to see the cut content... A sort of expansion pack with appropriate price I would consider...

Because if the game is re-released complete it would be a slap in the face to all who bought the game. And even LA knows it would anger more ppl then satisfy. And I veeeeery much doubt the thing would make a decent sale.

I personally would pirate it in a frikin heartbeat ... ban me if you want, but Im sorry, I allready paied for a complete game I didnt get. And now you would have me pay for it again to get perhaps 5% more game time and a wholesome product you swindeled me for? Do you take me for a complete f*cking fool? <_< If you didnt have the common decency to do it right in the first place, just let it die now... make a k3. ;)

Edited by Brdavs

There is no way in hell I would buy the game again for the same price just to see the cut content... A sort of expansion pack with appropriate price I would consider...

Because if the game is re-released complete it would be a slap in the face to all who bought the game. And even LA knows it would anger more ppl then satisfy. And I veeeeery much doubt the thing would make a decent sale.

I personally would pirate it in a frikin heartbeat ... ban me if you want, but Im sorry, I allready paied for a complete game I didnt get. And now you would have me pay for it again to get perhaps 5% more game time and a wholesome product you swindeled me for? Do you take me for a complete f*cking fool? <_< If you didnt have the common decency to do it right in the first place, just let it die now... make a k3. :thumbsup:

Maybe it is just time for another game in the series. I kind of felt that way myself. :thumbsup:

Aah the good old days...

You mean the good old days of the Ultimas and such, with the 8 patches just to get the game running (and then very unstable and with a zillion of bugs) :thumbsup:?

Ok maybe not completely bug free. But definitaly playable to the end. Sometimes not however and the dev/pub got flamed big time and their stocks went down. Games were of higher quality then compared to today.

Guest The Architect

I don't see what the problem is. LucasArts can make some extra cash. It's like refusing $1 000 000 offered to you for free...Make a KOTOR II Special-Edition god damn it, Obsidian have told me they want to so LucasArts, what's the problem?

I don't see what the problem is. LucasArts can make some extra cash. It's like refusing $1 000 000 offered to you for free...Make a KOTOR II Special-Edition god damn it, Obsidian have told me they want to so LucasArts, what's the problem?

You have a sound idea, but would it be worth $50 or $20?

Would you want to pay $50 for Knights of the Old Republic 2 again?

Or, would you want to pay $50 for Knights of the Old Republic 3?

Edited by DarthMethos