Copyrighten Meterial and TSLRP

Guest MacLeodCorp

I've never heard anyone from Team Gizka take credit for Obsidian's work. Everyone who's followed this knows that the content was left in the game but not used and that is how they are restoring it. That was what was so maddening about this whole deal, beating the game, having many things not make any sense, then coming online to hear recorded conversations between characters that would have made the game make a hell of a lot more sense.

The only people who would accuse TG for taking credit for the dialogues etc. would be people uninformed of the mod.

TG have been putting this together for almost a year now on Obsidian's OWN site with their forum STICKIED to the top of the forum. I think if Obsidian or LA were going to come out with a cease and disist notice of some kind they would have done it by now.

p.s. If you are so concerned about this restoration being 'noticed' and stopped, why were you so eager for more screenshots & advertising?

Sadly, they are more likely to see trouble out of MS than LA. Sales of KOTOR II fell flat rather quicker than they'd have liked, because the word got out about the ending. I even held off for my copy for a while, because while I love KOTOR and the concepts in it, I wasn't too eager to get a swiss cheese ending. So I waited for a lull in my other games before investing. If the restoration mod suceeds, sales may improve for a time, meaning more money for all involved with the making of the game. So they wouldn't tend to care.

However, MS has begun targeting the xbox modding community, and the xbox community (myself included) has already asked the Team Gizka at least investigate fixing the xbox version. As I understand it, they have agreed to look into that possibility, and that does mean that they may have troubles on that end, especially since MS has moved on to the 360 and had pretty much squashed most attempt to further support the original xbox games. (Example: Bungie was still releasing playlist updates for Halo 2 until 360 launch day, when things suddenly stopped. ) So this tends to breathe life back into a system they are trying to get people to move beyond, and they may not like it.

Just my idle thoughts on the subject.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

The statenemt that they are connecting the dits fitts well in the situation. But most of the cut material is on the game discs and some of it (like cut scenes) is in

the game, but with noway to trigger it. What they are doing is really restoring this content, so that the game can be complete.

However the M4-78 Restoration team do not "connect the dots" simply because there are not many dots to connect. They have to create A LOT of new material and this, as some suggested, may be a bigger problem for LA and/or Obsidian than Team Gizka's restoration project. Besides, LA and Obsidian know about these two fan made patches and since there won't be any real offence or eventual losses, but quite the cotrary, the two companies have not shut them down.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

This McloudCorp sounds like an Ambulance Chaser looking for work to me. He has stated all of the obvious catchalls, including 'Big Money' rewards for the Suers.

Im sure LA have plenty of lawyers that work for them Macca, and I would say if you had any knowledge about the heads of Obsidian, you would realise they are not really the 'quick, sue em!' types.

Best of luck finding a victim in the future.

Lets be civil in here, keep personal insults out.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Guest MacLeodCorp

You guys made my point for me... Some people repeated some of the things that I said, and then said that I didn't say them.

Read my post carefully before posting please. This will prevent conffussion.

I believe you have to know U.S. copywrite law to understand what I am saying, or you would have to be in advertising.

Edit: Added:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=545285

Edit:

I made a grammar mistake. Left the word 'the' out.

Edited by MacLeodCorp

I thought about this last night:

I have only one major concern for these people, and it may be due to how they advertised. When people say, "Hey have you heard about 'Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords", people are now relating Obsidian's work with the Restoration Project. At Wikipedia's website, The Restoration Project is now being connected to KotOR II and Obsidian. This could generate a big problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOTOR_II

When an outside group starts to generate credit for work that someone else has started, there could be serious legal issues. Not just from Obsidian, but from LA themselves. They could be waiting until the mod is released to make a move. I could be wrong.

Like someone has just said in this thread, "when my friend asks about playing KotOR II, I tell them to wait for the Restoration Project." Now, I am an advertising designer, and I know the law that surounds copywritten material. If someone walks in and restores work that I originally started, and then they become noticed for it, I could legally sue for infractions to the copywrite laws.

Because the Restoration Project is being noticed in online articles, blogs, and magazines, they could definatly fall under certain guidelines for infringement. They have hit all main forums, which include Obsidian Ent, Lucas Arts, Bioware, etc...

People are now relating the work Obsidian Ent had created to the Restoration Team. Unfortunately, there could be serious backlash when the mod is completed. Like it or not.

I have seen posts where the Resoration Team is getting credit for the Cut Content, and there is very little mention about the Obsidian developers. The scale and size of their popularity may cause serious backlash.

Eventhough they have a thread here, placed by the moderators, I hope that the developers at Obsidian and LA don't take an offense. One develoepr doesn't stand to how the whole company feels.

LA or Obsidian could be waiting for the evidence to show up online. If KotOR III comes out soley on XBox 360 and Playstation 2, this could be their number one reason.

1. Kotor 3 on a PS2 or 3 ahahahahahaha

2. Wikipedia is basicly a blog, I can go to George Bush's page and say he is the President of Canada. That dosent make it true.

I doubt *The company who we should not name* real cares about a mod that creates new options, if they did care then I doubt they would have changed the release date.

Guest MacLeodCorp
I thought about this last night:

I have only one major concern for these people, and it may be due to how they advertised. When people say, "Hey have you heard about 'Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords", people are now relating Obsidian's work with the Restoration Project. At Wikipedia's website, The Restoration Project is now being connected to KotOR II and Obsidian. This could generate a big problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOTOR_II

When an outside group starts to generate credit for work that someone else has started, there could be serious legal issues. Not just from Obsidian, but from LA themselves. They could be waiting until the mod is released to make a move. I could be wrong.

Like someone has just said in this thread, "when my friend asks about playing KotOR II, I tell them to wait for the Restoration Project." Now, I am an advertising designer, and I know the law that surounds copywritten material. If someone walks in and restores work that I originally started, and then they become noticed for it, I could legally sue for infractions to the copywrite laws.

Because the Restoration Project is being noticed in online articles, blogs, and magazines, they could definatly fall under certain guidelines for infringement. They have hit all main forums, which include Obsidian Ent, Lucas Arts, Bioware, etc...

People are now relating the work Obsidian Ent had created to the Restoration Team. Unfortunately, there could be serious backlash when the mod is completed. Like it or not.

I have seen posts where the Resoration Team is getting credit for the Cut Content, and there is very little mention about the Obsidian developers. The scale and size of their popularity may cause serious backlash.

Eventhough they have a thread here, placed by the moderators, I hope that the developers at Obsidian and LA don't take an offense. One develoepr doesn't stand to how the whole company feels.

LA or Obsidian could be waiting for the evidence to show up online. If KotOR III comes out soley on XBox 360 and Playstation 2, this could be their number one reason.

1. Kotor 3 on a PS2 or 3 ahahahahahaha

2. Wikipedia is basicly a blog, I can go to George Bush's page and say he is the President of Canada. That dosent make it true.

I doubt *The company who we should not name* real cares about a mod that creates new options, if they did care then I doubt they would have changed the release date.

People are not reading my posts entirely. Please post somthing when you read all the posts. In the above post, I placed a link to a previous post. Within the post, I tried to clairify what I was talking about.

Here is the link again:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=545285

Edited by MacLeodCorp

Surely they can cover themselves as most mod groups do adn put in the readme the credits of who did what. They will probably say who tweaked what and who added new content and then have at the bottom usually all original content property of LA and Obsidion......

Btw i dunno who came up with the word "obsidian" but the first place i heard it was in ds9, the "obsidion order". Dunno if they can get done for that, probably not but just woundering about this for ages.

Btw i dunno who came up with the word "obsidian" but the first place i heard it was in ds9, the "obsidion order". Dunno if they can get done for that, probably not but just woundering about this for ages.

Obsidian is a mineral/crystal thingie. You meet Obsidian items in almost all RPG's as the material armor and such is made of, and there seem to be alot of stuff made of it in PS:T. Coincidence? :shifty:

Again......Team Gizka would actually have to be taking credit for the work created.

And I think it's a stretch to think that people are now associating KOTOR 2 with the Restoration Project.

Sorry, but you seem to be talking out of your derriere.