Extra Dialogue Options

Apparently there are supposed to be extra dialogue options in the game when you play on your third time through. Does anyone know if this is true, where they are, and what kind of impact they have on the game, or is there another thread on the forum here that somebody can point me to explaining. I tried to find something through the search but found nothing relevant.

I have played through about 5 or 6 times now, unfortunatly I have always ended up playing through once or twice, uninstalling, then reinstalling a couple months down the road to play again, I don't think I have ever played through 3 times on a single install.

That being said if it is true do you have to play all 3 times as LS or DS, or all as Male/Female, or can you mix things up??

TIA

James

When I played through the third time, I chose a female and for some reason didn't trigger the angel line. I don't know why.

Does anyone know if you can get the extra dialogue every game after the third, or every game that's a multiple of 3, eg 3, 6, 9 etc - every 3rd play through?

When I played through the third time, I chose a female and for some reason didn't trigger the angel line.  I don't know why.

Does anyone know if you can get the extra dialogue every game after the third, or every game that's a multiple of 3, eg 3, 6, 9 etc - every 3rd play through?

What alignments did you play in the other games, which ending did you chose?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I did what Battlewookiee suggested on my PC version now and I did get some of the extra lines (Atton's "Ar eyou an angel?" and the other ones when you first meet him at Peragus to be more exact).

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

When I played through the third time, I chose a female and for some reason didn't trigger the angel line.  I don't know why.

What alignments did you play in the other games, which ending did you chose?

In my first game I was LS Male, and the second time I was DS Female, so I'd seen all the options.

And this was on XBox, so it should work...

In my first game I was LS Male, and the second time I was DS Female, so I'd seen all the options.

And this was on XBox, so it should work...

Don't really knows how the XBox keeps track of the amount of games, but I suspect it stored on the hard-drive.

Had anything done with the harddrive (erasing all data or such?) or with the X-Box (chip)?

Nope. My XBox is unchipped and my harddrive untampered with.

It was strange, because I got other dialogues like HK's opinion on love - unless that's not a third-play unique thing...

No it is not. Strange I was only able to get that from HK-47 once and any other game I have played, that does not show up again.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Guest MacLeodCorp

There is a combination that you have to go through to get the new content on XBox and PC.

Beat the game as follows:

First game: Lighside Male

Second Game: Darkside Female

Third Game: Any gender, any alignment. <---The new dialogue shows up here.

Edit - Add::

Please keep in mind that you have to start from a fresh install. You cannot acess the new dialogue if you start after going through several saves. On a PC, the .ini file keeps track. On the XBox, you would have to delete all your saves to reset the game.

Edited by MacLeodCorp

It can still work with LS Female and Ds Male, right?

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

Weren't there some more lines?

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

Atton has the "Are you an Angel." line if you are a girl.

And if you are a boy and get Handmaiden she can recite poetry.

Atton also says a joke about how he was going to get cut from the final release of the game.

Atton is cute but I think they could have quoted someone better than that little brat from Star Wars 1.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Am I screwed if I deleted all saved files, started over as a LS male but saved in another slot in a risky situation..and then deleted the second game file? That doesn't count, does it?

It doesn't work at all in the PC version unless you edit the config file. It doesn't matter how many times you've finished the game; just edit the config file and it'll work.

Or so I have heard.

Edited by Tha Cunnysmythe