Obsidian at IGN

funcroc

According to the article, KotOR 2 sold 1.5 million copies, which is more than i thought(KotOR 1 has sold 2 million to this date).

Now when the cards are on the table, there's no excuse for NOT doing a third installment of KotOR.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Interesting. Good to hear the one PC game policy is intact, and it hopefully won't be a MMORPMPGOM on-line thingie.

@Someone with knowledge of US states joining the Union: What's the next state after New Jersey?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

- "Solicitors will be shot on sight".

:wub:

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Anthony also points out that Obsidian's strenuous interview process ensures that they don't hire jerks.

Drat :(

Feargus imagines the two playing styles might even be synthesized for an even richer experience as a limited multiplayer game. He wonders if it would be possible to "take a game like NWN2 and sell someone six hour's of game play every month and provide the opportunity for four or five of their friends to play this story." While it's an interesting concept, Feargus isn't entirely sure that it would be compelling to most gamers.

Interesting. In any case, I definitely support NWN2 making digital distribution mods.

Chris Avalon

BURN THE HERETIC

The arrogant thing was to agree to do it in the time that LucasArts wanted it done in.

<3 <3 Lucasarts ;):):wub::wub:

they'll be signing a new project for an entirely original property in just a few weeks.

Huzzah!

Naturally, Obsidian will release the same title on multiple platforms so gamers who only own a PC or a Xbox 360 or PS3 won't be totally left out of the action.

Well, a good compromise, I guess.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

According to the article, KotOR 2 sold 1.5 million copies, which is more than i thought(KotOR 1 has sold 2 million to this date).

Now when the cards are on the table, there's no excuse for doing a third installment of KotOR.

you don't think they should do KOTOR 3?

Whops, my bad. I'll edit my post.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

obsidian-20060201045347303.jpg

:wub:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"(KotOR 1 has sold 2 million to this date)."

Over 2.5 mil at last count.

Anyways, interview sounds awesome though I'm sure Hades will hate it as it pimps the fact their goal is to frustrate the gamer which means when they error on difficulty; they'll likely error on the side of easy.

It does show that Obsidian knows what they're doing unlike a certain other game company that had ties with BIS/Interplay.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Awesomness.

obsidian-20060201045341506.jpg

More awesomness.

If Obsidian has three games in production, Feargus predicts that two of them will be primarily console oriented with a third focused more on the PC market. Naturally, Obsidian will release the same title on multiple platforms so gamers who only own a PC or a Xbox 360 or PS3 won't be totally left out of the action.

Console only is after all such a harsh word. ;)

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

>>>they'll be signing a new project for an entirely original property in just a few weeks.<<<

I'm guessing that is PNJ.  Surely they wouldn't have 2 IPs going at the same time...

Surely PNJ is 'signed' already? Isn't that what happened right before they 'announced' it and put up the forum?

We could end up with two whole forums dedicated to nothing but pointless speculation about games we know nothing about. It'll be spammer's heaven. ;)

That NWN2 title screen is really pretty. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)