MMORPGs

Krookie

$12~15 is a standard fee for MMORPGs.

I played WoW for my full 30day trial afterwards, I could not bring myself to touch the game again. It's just too easy.

Everything comes to quickly, levels, weapons, money, craftings... It's all a joke.

Coming from were I did (FFXI) I expected to be challenged by WoW, I found nothing remotely challenging. It's all desings to give the players instant rewards and gratification. If you can enjoy that, then WoW just might be for you.

WoW - fun for a month or three. But....too....much....bloody....running....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm thinking about picking up Duneons and Dragons online.

I'd save your money. Did you get a chance to play the beta? It wasn't bad, but it's really watered down D&D. Actually, it's much more of an action-RPG than I could handle. You have access to all the great D&D skills, but I felt so rushed in a fight I rarely used any. If your reflexes are good then it might be better. It's also all instanced dungeons, so you really need friends to play with.

WoW is top of the class for MMORPG's. If you played and enjoyed other MMORPG's, then there is a very high chance you'll enjoy WoW. It's not for everyone. Actually, many people play it for an insane amount of hours and then say it was horrible because they levelled too fast. I always wonder...were they just miserable during all those hours?

Actually, I'm a big City of Heroes/Villainns fan. I've thought about WoW, but I haven't been excited by it. Still, it gets rave reviews from so many areas I'm sorely tempted.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'd recommend giving the trial a go then.

Good idea. There's a free trial out there somewhere.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm thinking about picking up Duneons and Dragons online.

Anyone who is no already playing some MMORPG, just wait what D&D online will look like. I played WoW..and its not bad, but you get bored over time, and I play now EVE, now if you like sci-fi, then you should try it. Eighter you'll love it or hate it, there is no middle by EVE...I love it :(

IB1OsQq.png

MCA plays WoW.

JE Sawyer plays WoW.

I hate WoW, but this answers your question.

:(

It most certainly shouldn't.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

My friends who use MMORPGS use Guildwars. Although I don't see how their economics work.

Personally I stay well away from MMORPGs. I just recently had to eject a colleague from a project because he was spending too much time on one. Sad, really, but his entire attention was getting sucked in.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My friends who use MMORPGS use Guildwars. Although I don't see how their economics work.

Personally I stay well away from MMORPGs. I just recently had to eject a colleague from a project because he was spending too much time on one. Sad, really, but his entire attention was getting sucked in.

If you can controll yourself, then you should try them. min. EVE(sci-fi) and D&D (you know it :thumbsup: )

IB1OsQq.png

Even though I have Guildwars, I haven't played it much. Online gaming can be addictive. Been there done that.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I tend to only play WoW on the weekends. It can definitely be a time sink, and I hate feeling like I've wasted my precious free time during the week. During the weekends, I can wake up in the morning and play for a few hours before my wife gets up, and then I don't feel I've lost much of my day.

The current MMORPG is all about sinking time into certain activities. WoW makes it a bit more entertaining, but there is still some grinding. You just have to be satisfied with short term goals.

I played EVE, but it's definitely an aquired taste. It just didn't reel me in. I also keep telling myself I should play Guild Wars again, but I feel like it's just WoW minus a few things.

My friends who use MMORPGS use Guildwars.

While I don't play the game any more, I have clocked over 700 hours on Guild Wars, and while aspects of the game are great it SHOULDN'T be deffined as an MMORPG. While it does have staples as such, MMO players will find it sorely lacking in cirtain areas, specifically, the feel of a 'unified world'.

Basically, it's more of an online action RPG with coop/competative gamemodes and an interactive lobby.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

World of Warcraft took me two weeks to go from level 1 to level 60 (level cap). Another month after that and I had a full set of blue items (rare items) and one purple (epic items). Yet another month and I had maxxed out all my skills (like fishing, mining, smithing etc.) and that's despite not playing much at all. The last two weeks before I quit, my guild crumbled and my epic mount quest stalled (I had to kill some guy in a high level instance), so I never got the epic mount..

It's very easy to level in World of Warcraft. The difficulty lies in PvP and item hoarding.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!