Knights of the Old Republic Commencement

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Commencement

I was just reading the summary of KotOR Commencement, and all of this supposed to have happened 10 years before KotOR1.. theres a Jedi Council on Taris, and a Padawan who would suit a main character in a game. I'm sure most of you would have already read the full comic, but I'm from the UK and just finding out this information.

In my opinion, I think there are Jedi survivers from the council there, also maybe now in the under-city, during KotOR1 most of them who survived the Sith invasion would have gone into hiding in the under-city, and would probably be there with Rukil and those people you helped.

If I was Revan, I'd have sent some of the party back to Taris to find its survivers, the Jedi there could help with the Sith thing. I'd have sent Mission and Juhani to Taris to search since they know it so well. I'd have sent Jolee and Zalbaar to Kashyyyk to rally together the greatest warriors :D. If theres gonna be a KotOR3, i'm pretty sure since its going to be on the 360 and PS3 that theres gonna be more than 1 story with 2 endings. Maybe like the rumors for the next GTA stays you get to play as Claude Speed, CJ and Tommy Vercetti. We get to continue our K2 or K1 saves and play as Exile and Revan, as well as start a new game with a new guy.. I hope this time they do it like they did Jedi Academy with the character creation stuff.. give them a voice, a name and allow you to choose gender and species :D lol.

Are there any other KotOR comics?

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

I don't think there are any survivors on Taris, let alone Jedi survivors, except maybe the Outcasts in the Undercity... Zayne may be among them, but I seriously doubt that Zayne is still on Taris in 3,956 BBY. The comic is supposed to have a happy ending.

Anyway, back to the comic, there is one part I don't get - the "Masters' conspiracy". Why did they kill their own Padawans? This is an outrageous portrayal of Jedi, except if they wanted to portray the KOTOR-era Order as completely, absolutely corrupt.

Also, was the Togruta (Shaak Ti's species) Jedi Master male or female?

I don't think there are any survivors on Taris, let alone Jedi survivors, except maybe the Outcasts in the Undercity... Zayne may be among them, but I seriously doubt that Zayne is still on Taris in 3,956 BBY. The comic is supposed to have a happy ending.

Anyway, back to the comic, there is one part I don't get - the "Masters' conspiracy". Why did they kill their own Padawans? This is an outrageous portrayal of Jedi, except if they wanted to portray the KOTOR-era Order as completely, absolutely corrupt.

Also, was the Togruta (Shaak Ti's species) Jedi Master male or female?

Looks exactly like Shaak Ti, and the Togruta is actually wearing a dress looking thing, so i'd say female :wub:

Shane Tyduk

The events in the comic take place before Revan and Malak left to fight in the Mandalorian Wars and before Taris was occupied by the Sith. Most of the Jedi on Taris would have left to fight in either the Mandalorian Wars or the Jedi Civil War so I doubt that there were any left on Taris during the first KOTOR game.

As for why those Jedi masters killed their padawans, they might have fallen to the Dark Side but we won't know anything for sure until we see more of the story.

I really like where the comic is going so far.

Edited by Darth Sylvar

The events in the comic take place before Revan and Malak left to fight in the Mandalorian Wars and before Taris was occupied by the Sith. Most of the Jedi on Taris would have left to fight in either the Mandalorian Wars or the Jedi Civil War so I doubt that there were any left on Taris during the first KOTOR game.

I'm not too sure, there where other parts of the under-city which we didnt get to explore, I'm sure that Zayne would be still there for some reason, I doubt they'd kill the main character off.

Also, in Shadows and Light. Duron Qel-Droma as visions of the Jedi Civil War, he sees Revan killing Malak on the star forge, and Malak turning Bastila to the dark side. We find the remains of Qel_Droma on Korriban on KotOR1, I'd like to see Duron come back as a force ghost since he's already seen so much of whats happening anyway.. and it would be cool to see a Qel-Droma in KotOR.

Shane Tyduk

No. Please no Force ghosts in the KOTOR era. Even having the Sith Lords as Force ghosts is technically a continuity error.

I'm not saying they'd kill off Zayne, I'm saying it's unlikely that he's still on Taris.

Edited by Sikon

No. Please no Force ghosts in the KOTOR era. Even having the Sith Lords as Force ghosts is technically a continuity error.

I'm not saying they'd kill off Zayne, I'm saying it's unlikely that he's still on Taris.

No, its not breaking the continuity:

Qui-Gon Jinn was the first of the recent Jedi who discovered this secret (or just rediscovered it from ancient knowledge) with the assistance of a Whill Shaman. (Star Wars Insider/Star Wars Wiki). The Journal of the Whills could have been written even before the Exar Kun wars.

Ulic Qel-Droma as came back as a ghost, same as Exar Kun, Marka Ragnos, Freedon Nadd who came back as the sith ghost thingies and where only woken with the force sensitive presence in the area.

Anything 4,000 years BBY could have happened, except most of the planets blowing up.. like tatooine etc.

Its also said that Darth Bane was the first Dark Lord to have started the whole "Darth" thing, but was again changed to fit KotOR into continuity:

"Future Sith Lords were taught the virtues of patience, planning, and secrecy, and each was to take on the title of Darth, a tradition that had dated back to before the Jedi Civil War, nearly three millennia ago. "

Shane Tyduk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If theres gonna be a KotOR3, i'm pretty sure since its going to be on the 360 and PS3 that theres gonna be more than 1 story with 2 endings.

LOL, why do people continue to think it will come out on PS3????

Its a xbox only title like Jade Empire and Mass Effects (well XBOX and PC).

What makes people think Microsoft going to give up its exclusive licence? And why should LA care as KotOR series have been financial success for them to the point they dont need the PS release!

Sorry folks, time to get use to idea, KotOR is a XBOX/PC EXclusive title.

Gotta admit Im loving the comics thus far but man have comics gotten expensive since I last collected them (10-15 years ago). Silly things costing me $4.82 each canadian! And thats for only 32 pages so they have also gotten alot smaller in size each issue!

I hope this title takes off though as Im really enjoying it thus far.

I checked out some of the other Star Wars comic titles and they were pretty much garbage in my opinion!

Course I hate that pansy Luke Skywalker and everything to do with him.

Old Republic is just SO MUCH more interesting a time period then traditional Star Wars time era is!

PS: I made mistake of visiting Darke Horse forums after reading comics, its always scary to see that type of fanatical following. Those folks really need to step outside and breath some fresh air, Star Wars is enjoyable and eciting but its still FICTION! Star Wars is NOT real!

LOL, some folks really should learn that little tidbit!

If I was Revan, I'd have sent some of the party back to Taris to find its survivers, the Jedi there could help with the Sith thing. I'd have sent Mission and Juhani to Taris to search since they know it so well.

Yeah and get blowned up! The planet is cursed! :blink:

Edited by Masta Revan

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

If I was Revan, I'd have sent some of the party back to Taris to find its survivers, the Jedi there could help with the Sith thing. I'd have sent Mission and Juhani to Taris to search since they know it so well.

Yeah and get blowned up! The planet is cursed! :rolleyes:

the sith didnt dare send down men into the lowercity or undercity (they sent a few men into the undercity but not many) so what makes you think revan would? and another thing, as already mentioned i doubt there would be jedi there, and i think i did hear something about being a jedi academy or taris, but that was a diff period to the KotOR series, so we cant really assume anything, with out acctually seeing it in kotor1, if it where of some significance we would have seen them possibly

• 5 weeks later...

Thread pruned. Any more hsotile remarks towards members will lead to trouble.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester