Dawn of War Second Expansion is real

Musopticon?

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060130/lam008.html

So, two new races(supposedly), inlcuding the Tau. New singleplayer and multiplayer material und updated tools.

Anyone else in?

Edit: Personally, I'd prefer the second race to be the Tyranids, but considering Winter Assault's ending, it's most likely the Necrons. Eh, suits me fine. Best idea would be to do like AoE 3 did and give the races who have different factions(Orders, etc) some kind of mercenary buildings, from which they could hire other faction's units(Grey Knights, Maleficarum). I really don't know wht to think if they decide to add Dark Eldar. <_<

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Tau are cool, yeah. Conquering the galaxy for Greater Good. Some of the art looks like soviet propaganda. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

This wins the 'unexpected news of the year' award. I hope they can manage to make a decent stab at balancing 7 races and it doesn't turn into a paper-scissors-rock matchup where you've already lost at the start of the game.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Yeah, I was also mildly surprised at this news. Winter Assault must have sold well for THQ this past season.

Balancing seven races will be crazy though.

Still, good news. What with "SW:Empire at War" and "LotR:BFMEII" and this it looks to be a good year for PC RTSs'.

Yeah, I was also mildly surprised at this news. Winter Assault must have sold well for THQ this past season.

Balancing seven races will be crazy though.

Still,  good news. What with "SW:Empire at War" and "LotR:BFMEII" and this it looks to be a good year for PC RTSs'.

On top of those two you can also keep an eye out for C&C: The First Decade, War Angels, the Act of War expansion and a couple others that I can't remember right now.

Anyway, I'm mildly intrigued now about Dawn of War since they are adding Tau. I have a small Tau army of miniatures and thought they were damn cool. I'll wait till the come out with a special edition with all three though. :ermm:"

I wish they would make a proper, turnbased computer version of Wh40k that perfectly replicated the gameplay of the tabletop game. Sadly, that will never happen since it would put GW out of bussiness as noone would buy the figures anymore.

And Im definently not geeky or patient enough to buy and paint an army of figures in order to play tabletop

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I wish they would make a proper, turnbased computer version of Wh40k that perfectly replicated the gameplay of the tabletop game. Sadly, that will never happen since it would put GW out of bussiness as noone would buy the figures anymore.

And Im definently not geeky or patient enough to buy and paint an army of figures in order to play tabletop

I wish they would do the same thing with Battletech. At least with Battletech the figures aren't made of cheap plastic. :p"

They could do what they did with MtG which was to charge you for each deck of cards you buy, pretty expensive though especially if you already own the RL versions.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

I wish they would do the same thing with Battletech. At least with Battletech the figures aren't made of cheap plastic. :)"

That would really kick ass. Man, I love Battletech.

They could do what they did with MtG which was to charge you for each deck of cards you buy, pretty expensive though especially if you already own the RL versions.

There is a magic the gathering computer game? Beyond that old one they released in like 1995?

Anyway I suppose GW could reap some pretty big bucks to offer the game in MMO where you would have to pay to play online battles and to purchase expansions.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "