KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Guest The Architect
Exactly.

Same combat system isn't really neccesary as long as it is good system and it could be handled by people who are aged 50+. Not that I am one myself but I remember when people complained about the Turret game in Kotor I. That's one good job Obsidian did when they made all mini games optional.

I often let all the sith troopers board the Ebon Hawk on Peragus so I will get some new items and a lot of XP.

T3 is on that moment the best party member you can use for this task.

Okay, some other things I would like to see are:

- Customizable lightsaber hilts.

- A Yoda/Yaddle/Vandar species as a party member.

- Realistic grenades / rockets and mine damage. In Kotor I and two you could just stand there and walk through them and loosing maybe 1/6 of your vitality on level difficult. Not realistic.

- How about the often rumoured group stealth.

- If there are new force powers I want to be able to force throw. I would like to throw footlockers / plasteel cylinders and maybe computer consoles to opponents. Off course they should also be able to throw them to you.

:)

Guest The Architect

How would you handle the fates of Revan and the Exile for K3? I included your vote 'K" Hawk. You can vote for more than one letter if you want but you can't vote for the same letter twice.

A) Kill them both off

B) Play as Revan

C) Play as the Exile

D) Play half the game as the Exile, the other half as Revan

E) Limit them to minor cameo appearences

F) Both to make appearences but not be the main character or a party member

G) Don't kill them off, but don't make appearences either

H) Kill either Revan or the Exile off, but not both

I) Start as the Exile searching for Revan and when you find him/her, have them both as main characters with two different parties and ships

J) Having both Revan and the Exile as party members under a new main character

K) Give Revan and the Exile major roles, but not be the main character/s or PM's

L) Having Revan as the Main PC and the Exile as a party member with Revan...

M) Having the Exile as the Main PC and Revan as a party member with the Exile...

N) Go a new main character in K3, have the Exile join your party 2/3's into the game and have Revan join your party 3/4's into the game...

The Latest Poll Standings Are...

I (31)

K (27)

F (15)

J (12)

A (7)

L (6)

B (4)

N (3)

M (3)

H (3)

D (2)

G (1)

C (1)

E (1)

Maybe you're an expert in crap games but I see no reason that you having choice in a game (including not playing as a Jedi) means the story will suffer. If you look over my big post above you might see that my idea puts you knee deep in story, not treadmill grinding. Knights of the old republic? It's star wars, who doesn't like Han Solo? Did he have force powers? Not a bit. Does that mean he didn't play a role in the movie? He saved the day more than once and had a deeper back-story.

But he wouldnt be able to defeat Darth Vader either.

So while Solo is a great character he's just not going to cut it in a Jedi confrontation. This is all the more important if you talking about a time when there are a lot of Jedi around.

Although the game mechanics probably dont reflect this since you can shoot Jedi (at least in KOTOR II with the right skills) without killing yourself.

The problem here is as was said if you write a story that both a Jedi and a non Jedi can "star" in , then you must write a more open story.

KOTOR or KOTOR II's story for example is right out, since both rely on the fact that you are a Jedi to drive it.

One of the things KOTOR II captured really well was the movie feeling when the party splits into two groups.

In this way it's possible to tell two very different stories which often overlap and intersect, much like they did in the movies where the characters are not often all together in the same scenes.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

How would you handle the fates of Revan and the Exile for K3? I included your vote 'K" Hawk. You can vote for more than one letter if you want but you can't vote for the same letter twice.

A) Kill them both off

B) Play as Revan

C) Play as the Exile

I) Start as the Exile searching for Revan and when you find him/her, have them both as main characters with two different parties and ships

K) Give Revan and the Exile major roles, but not be the main character/s or PM's

M) Having the Exile as the Main PC and Revan as a party member with the Exile...

N) Go a new main character in K3, have the Exile join your party 2/3's into the game and have Revan join your party 3/4's into the game...

I (31)

K (27)

F (15)

J (12)

A (7)

L (6)

B (4)

N (3)

M (3)

H (3)

D (2)

G (1)

C (1)

E (1)

I) Start as the Exile searching for Revan and when you find him/her, have them both as main characters with two different parties and ships - 37 votes

Why, oh why do people want to play Revan or the Exile again? Although they can make a cameo appearance, but i want a NEW main character in KotOR III.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

<snip>

The problem here is as was said if you write a story that both a Jedi and a non Jedi can "star" in , then you must write a more open story.

KOTOR or KOTOR II's story for example is right out, since both rely on the fact that you are a Jedi to drive it.

One of the things KOTOR II captured really well was the movie feeling when the party splits into two groups.

In this way it's possible to tell two very different stories which often overlap and intersect, much like they did in the movies where the characters are not often all together in the same scenes.

For this reason, every PC should get a "Force Epiphany" and become "jedified"....I just think the PC should have some control as to when this happens....if you start off as a Force Adept (at character creation time) then you get your force epiphany very early....if you start off as a soldier or scout, then you keep getting bombarded with easter eggs about how others can feel the force flowing through you and that sort of thing...you can delay it for a while but, by level 20, you get the cutscreen in which you become a student of the Force.

As for multithreaded adventures....oh yeah, K2 did a really good job with that and I, for one, want to see more of it.

For this reason, every PC should get a "Force Epiphany" and become "jedified"....I just think the PC should have some control as to when this happens....if you start off as a Force Adept (at character creation time) then you get your force epiphany very early....if you start off as a soldier or scout, then you keep getting bombarded with easter eggs about how others can feel the force flowing through you and that sort of thing...you can delay it for a while but, by level 20, you get the cutscreen in which you become a student of the Force.

As for multithreaded adventures....oh yeah, K2 did a really good job with that and I, for one, want to see more of it.

Maybe, although since KOTOR II already did that more or less it's not that big a deal I think. Theres also that you ended up with a bunch of characters which ended up doing pretty much the same thing. I'd like to see more diversity myself rather than "clones".

Well multithreaded adventures have advantages and disadvantages. First being that if you have a lot of NPCs, it means they all get some "screen time".

Disadvantage is your often stuck with NPCs your not particularly fond of and may not have built up. Which is what happened to me with Cait Sith in FFVII. Although I think KOTORs autoleveling will mitagate that somewhat anyway. Although your still going to be stuck with an NPC you dont like, at least you wont have to spend time leveling them.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Maybe, although since KOTOR II already did that more or less it's not that big a deal I think. Theres also that you ended up with a bunch of characters which ended up doing pretty much the same thing. I'd like to see more diversity myself rather than "clones".

they did somewhat because of your backstory...oh yes, I want multiple backstories (to choose from via dialogue)....only someone trained by the Jedi as a youngling can continue in training as an adult....

there would be only one backstory that allows you to join the official Jedi Order...other backstories have you either not knowing you are a Force Sensitive or having you join other factions that use the Force.

factions are key to this feudal era.

A) Kill them both off

B) Play as Revan

C) Play as the Exile

I (31)

K (27)

F (15)

J (12)

A (7)

L (6)

B (4)

N (3)

M (3)

H (3)

D (2)

G (1)

C (1)

E (1)

I) Start as the Exile searching for Revan and when you find him/her, have them both as main characters with two different parties and ships - 37 votes

Why, oh why do people want to play Revan or the Exile again? Although they can make a cameo appearance, but i want a NEW main character in KotOR III.

dam rite, it was hard enough getting to grips with the characters in 1 party let alone 2, im sure most people only ever used the same 3 people and every1 else felt wasted, it would be impossible to feel out the backstories of all your party members and it would suck, revan and exile need to not be included at all except in dialogue like revan wasnt included in kotor2 at the most small cameos like bastila and carth in kotor 2, these ideas scare me cos if any of em r used this game wuld suk, also i completely made revan and exile hardcore, starting of as a reely powerful jedi would suck the fun out of the game and making them weaker than b4 would make also make the story inconsistant.

new pc, new party, some cameos no playable revan and exile.

newcomers to this game would be seriosuly confused and who wants 2 sit through 30 minutes of backstory to get to grips with whats going on?

the stupid poll sucks people obviously arent thinking about all the angles i just hope if this game is ever announced the developers dont take stuff like that as gospel to what the fans want in kotor3.

if the old characters are used we will start with a gd idea of how the game will play out and it would make the story feel stale (remember how episode 3 sucked cos we all knew wta was gona happen)

also please keep the whole storyline ideas to yourself im bored of these long winded posts just like this one.

they did somewhat because of your backstory...oh yes, I want multiple backstories (to choose from via dialogue)....only someone trained by the Jedi as a youngling can continue in training as an adult....

there would be only one backstory that allows you to join the official Jedi Order...other backstories have you either not knowing you are a Force Sensitive or having you join other factions that use the Force.

factions are key to this feudal era.

I don't think it has anything to do with the backstory. That may well be the reason they were able to become Jedi, but the cloning thing is purely game mechanic related.

Few useful force powers plus high levels meant that everyone would invariably overlap in what force powers they had.

Heard something a while ago that the D20 SW rules were being ditched anyway (in the PnP sense) not sure if that has any implications on the CRPG front or not.

478327[/snapback]

Guest The Architect
dam rite, it was hard enough getting to grips with the characters in 1 party let alone 2, im sure most people only ever used the same 3 people and every1 else felt wasted, it would be impossible to feel out the backstories of all your party members and it would suck, revan and exile need to not be included at all except in dialogue like revan wasnt included in kotor2 at the most small cameos like bastila and carth in kotor 2, these ideas scare me cos if any of em r used this game wuld suk, also i completely made revan and exile hardcore, starting of as a reely powerful jedi would suck the fun out of the game and making them weaker than b4 would make also make the story inconsistant.

newcomers to this game would be seriosuly confused and who wants 2 sit through 30 minutes of backstory to get to grips with whats going on?

the stupid poll sucks people obviously arent thinking about all the angles i just hope if this game is ever announced the developers dont take stuff like that as gospel to what the fans want in kotor3.

if the old characters are used we will start with a gd idea of how the game will play out and it would make the story feel stale (remember how episode 3 sucked cos we all knew wta was gona happen)

also please keep the whole storyline ideas to yourself im bored of these long winded posts just like this one.

Stop your whinging jackass. Did you even see the choices available for my poll? What your basically saying to me is that you'd go for the "g" vote which is not to kill off Revan and the Exile, but for them not to make appearences either.

And don't be a gullible fool and assume that I want to see or play as Revan and the Exile in K3 because I don't, but I don't want them killed off either. And if you've got a problem with my poll, get over it, stop your bloody complaining, it's just a poll for Pete's sake. Anyway, I'm adding new suggestions to my poll anyway, so I could just include yours. My poll does not suck though, I had to include even the options I don't like in my poll because some other people like them, as you can see, every letter has gotten at least one vote.

Stop your whinging jackass. Did you even see the choices available for my poll? What your basically saying to me is that you'd go for the "g" vote which is not to kill off Revan and the Exile, but for them not to make appearences either.

And don't be a gullible fool and assume that I want to see or play as Revan and the Exile in K3 because I don't, but I don't want them killed off either. And if you've got a problem with my poll, get over it, stop your bloody complaining, it's just a poll for Pete's sake. Anyway, I'm adding new suggestions to my poll anyway, so I could just include yours. My poll does not suck though, I had to include even the options I don't like in my poll because some other people like them, as you can see, every letter has gotten at least one vote.

And it is done in a fair way Eras Jast. If Obsidian just wouldn't lock any Kotor III topic or poll other then this one there would have been a poll. So Architect just made the only possible Kotor III poll on this forum.

Master Vandar lives!

Will there be a poll for K3 in K3? (w00t)

Or is the only thread about K3 getting close to being shut down?

Let's stay on topic and quit bickering because that just gives the Mods ammo. :ph34r:

The True Sith must be exterminated in K3, for continuity purposes. I would also like to see, at the end, 1 Jedi and 1 Sith in total surviving a cleansing of force users of some sort. Like a cycle, like what happens in the movies.

Just browsing.  :)

Look, its a moderator spamming.

Since when did that became newsworthy? :(

I think it was somewhat of a warning perhaps? Like :"I'm here checking you guys out so you better be on topic or I will close this thread Memento Mori".

Lockdown would be about time. 65 pages!

I expect next time Fionavar gets on we go for part 18!

Edited by BattleCookiee

I think it was somewhat of a warning perhaps? Like :"I'm here checking you guys out so you better be on topic or I will close this thread Memento Mori".

:)"

I would like that if I go Darkside, I get mutilated by a Jedi and I get to build myself appendages to survive or find some way to keep my body together and fight another day. Choosing a bodytype, adding tech and stuff and a special little gimmick, like shooting out charged lightsaber crystals or transforming into a car or something evil like that. :(