Turret AI for K3!

1 "You man the turrets, I wanna fly the ship!"

2 "Fine, I'll take the turret *sigh"

3 "No way - I'm taking a nap. Someone else can."

4 [darkside] "If you don't man that turret, I'll rip your throat out!"

5 [force persuade] "I never have to man that turret again"

Dialog options that should be included!

Edited by Dyan

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Turret AI for K3!

i like it >_<

Turret AI for K3!

That's one of the greatest ideas ever.

I disagree. Catering to the single player is what KotOR does best. It would be very difficult to write a compelling story/plot that appeals in a multiplayer game. For that, go and play Star Wars Galaxies.

First, Star Wars Galaxies sucks. Second, I never said make the story Multiplayer itself, I said add some sort of multiplayer. Like possibly a bonus after you beat the game once or a patch that comes later. The single player main story thing should be of course the 1st thing to be fully completed for release, and then once the Single Player game releases Obsidian could make a patch or something to add MP. It could become something like Face of Mankind but only tons better. It will be better than World of Warcraft or any other MMoRPG if a KoToR mmorpg existed.

I think a bit more of a Freelancer element should be introduced to the game. So that a player is able to do more than just go around and finish the story.

I would like to fly my ship around , transport illegal goods like Han , attack trade ships (DS), etc.

I'd like to be able to buy some goods from the Hutts, and sell them on another planet.

Overall I think there should be a bit more freedom in the game to do what you like , and have your story choices change that. IE:

You must get Crystal A from a Hutt on Tatooine , if you kill him, prices for X increase on that planet. You can take the Ebon Hawk, to Corusant fill your ship with that and sell it on Tatooine. But note that killing him would decrease organized crime and theres an increase in the chances of having your cargo stolen or being attacked .

I want to see stores play a greater role in the game, for most of Kotor 2 I didn't have to buy anything other than medpacs, most of the weapons and armor I found or killed someone for. As for upgrades I made most of them. I like that about Kotor 2 but I still feel a merchant should have something to offer me.

I disagree. Catering to the single player is what KotOR does best. It would be very difficult to write a compelling story/plot that appeals in a multiplayer game. For that, go and play Star Wars Galaxies.

First, Star Wars Galaxies sucks. Second, I never said make the story Multiplayer itself, I said add some sort of multiplayer. Like possibly a bonus after you beat the game once or a patch that comes later. The single player main story thing should be of course the 1st thing to be fully completed for release, and then once the Single Player game releases Obsidian could make a patch or something to add MP. It could become something like Face of Mankind but only tons better. It will be better than World of Warcraft or any other MMoRPG if a KoToR mmorpg existed.

Something like Diablo 2 you mean? Where you could play the singleplayer game with a friend ?

I wouldn't be surprised if they included a "Jedi arena" kind of multiplayer but the main campaign has to be single-player because of all the dialogue and non-combat choices.

But then, they'd be competing with Battlefront II and Jedi Academy so your guess is as good as mine as to whether they would spend the time on it.

Also, having a multiplayer component almost assures that all combat in the game would be real time.

@Karimi right on....some sort of "trader" aspect to this would be nice....yeah, I'll buy 5 tons of wheat on this planet and sell it for a profit on the other planet.

also, the necessity of refueling should be there (some worlds have better prices on fuel)

and for the DSer or the guy who is just winging it, making a few spice runs here and there...would be nice to be able to do that.

and, the Sith aren't the only ones interested in that vessel....we should get attacked by pirates more often...especially when we have cargo in hold.

Guest The Architect

The latest poll standings are...

K (26)

I (24)

F (10)

J (9)

A (6)

L (4)

B (4)

D (2)

E (1)

M (1)

C (1)

H (1)

Keep up the votes folks. That's from both LucasArts and Obsidian forums...

I think a bit more of a Freelancer element should be introduced to the game. So that a player is able to do more than just go around and finish the story.

I would like to fly my ship around , transport illegal goods like Han , attack trade ships (DS), etc.

I think Freelancer's a great game, and often wondered what it would be like in a SW setting ... especially since after completing the storyline, you've still got a lot of experience to earn to qualify for the coolest ships, you've only explored maybe 25% of the systems, etc., etc.

Don't mistake Freelancer for a RPG, though ... it's a space sim ... there are no real character-defining choices ... sure you can pick which ship you buy and how you equip it, but that's typical of any simulator ... the closest it comes is that you're able to influence your reputation with the various factions.

Don't get me wrong - I WANT to fly around in the SW universe, but I also want to explore the planets ... not just visit the used-ship dealer, equipment shop, bar, and commodities market.

A "complete" SW RPG would include elements from numerous video game genres - role-playing, vehicle driving/vehicle combat, space trade/combat, first-person shooter, squad-based combat shooter, real-time strategy, etc. - the real problem is, getting a good 90% solution for some (or even most) of those aspects of the game will leave half the fans dissappointed that "their favoritve {blank} was omitted" and the other half complaining about bugs, inconsistencies, etc.

It took Obsidian about a year to develop KOTOR II, a lot of the ground work was already done for them, and it was still not up to our expectations ... I honestly can't imagine how much work it would be to develop a game immense, thorough, and detailed enough to really satisfy us diehard Star Wars fans.

I think a collaborative RPG would be cool - you could finish it yourself, but the real joy would be playing with a select group of friends (instead of the other 20,000 or so on that MMOROG server at that point in time). It would make computer role-playing a social event.

I think Freelancer's a great game, and often wondered what it would be like in a SW setting ... especially since after completing the storyline, you've still got a lot of experience to earn to qualify for the coolest ships, you've only explored maybe 25% of the systems, etc., etc.

I think there should be the option to cruise around the universe, visit places after beating the game . "You saved the galaxy didn't you !?" "Yea, all in a day's work sonny"

Don't mistake Freelancer for a RPG, though ... it's a space sim ... there are no real character-defining choices ... sure you can pick which ship you buy and how you equip it, but that's typical of any simulator ... the closest it comes is that you're able to influence your reputation with the various factions.

Don't get me wrong - I WANT to fly around in the SW universe, but I also want to explore the planets ... not just visit the used-ship dealer, equipment shop, bar, and commodities market.

Yea, I meant some of Freelancer's elements, such as trade, improving the ships, factions.

It took Obsidian about a year to develop KOTOR II, a lot of the ground work was already done for them, and it was still not up to our expectations ... I honestly can't imagine how much work it would be to develop a game immense, thorough, and detailed enough to really satisfy us diehard Star Wars fans.

I think it would have to be of Baldurs Gate proportions. It doesn't have to be HUGE it just has to seem huge. I'd like to be able to walk around towns in Tatooine and do more than shop and kill , I'd like to feel like things change. If I come back to a bar that I haven't been to since the start of the game I'd like the bartender to ask me where i've been or why I haven't visited in a while.

I think a collaborative RPG would be cool - you could finish it yourself, but the real joy would be playing with a select group of friends (instead of the other 20,000 or so on that MMOROG server at that point in time).  It would make computer role-playing a social event.

I agree, it would be cool to call a friend asking him to come online and help you take down Darth Nilithus before dinner.

@Karimi    right on....some sort of "trader" aspect to this would be nice....yeah, I'll buy 5 tons of wheat on this planet and sell it for a profit on the other planet.

also, the necessity of refueling should be there (some worlds have better prices on fuel)

and for the DSer or the guy who is just winging it, making a few spice runs here and there...would be nice to be able to do that.

and, the Sith aren't the only ones interested in that vessel....we should get attacked by pirates more often...especially when we have cargo in hold.

Exactly :blink:

Guest The Architect

I don't really care how they handle the K3 storyline now, as long as they make K3. However, I want to be able to pick the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile and if they make appearences in the game then I want to be able to choose what they look like unless the writers can creativley come up with ways to mask both their faces...

But one thing I definately want in K3 is more than just two endings. I think these endings should be available...

A) LS (Jedi Order)

B) DS (Dark Lord)

C) Neutral (Reject both sides and go into exile...)

D) Semi-LS (Leave the Jedi Order but serve the Old Republic)

E) Dark-Neutral (Instead of going into Exile, you side with Canderous and HK-47 and build up your own Empire made up of the Mandalorian and HK-Armies and you destroy the Jedi, the Sith and the Republic)

I'll explain how this would work, using an example from the KOTOR Endings...

A) The LS Ending you got in K1

B) The DS Ending you got in K1

C) You reject the Jedi and the Sith on the Rakatan Temple. Bastila tries to kill you, you wound her and board alone on the ship she used to arrive on the Rakatan planet and you fly off to Deralia, your homweworld, going into Exile

D) You tell Jolee and Juhani (If she's there on the Rakatan Temple) that the teachings of the Jedi are flawed and that your no longer a Jedi. However, your loyalty remains true to the Old Republic so you help them destroy the Sith Armada.

E) You kill Jolee, Juhani (If she's there) and Bastila on the Rakatan Temple. You go back to the island, tell the party what happened, then you kill Mission, Zaalbar and Carth and you have the option to spare or destroy T3-M4. Then you take Canderous, HK-47 and T3-M4 (If you spare him) with you, board the Ebon Hawk, go to the Star Forge only to kill Malak and then when that happens you abandon the battle of the Star Forge and head off and try and unite the Mandalorian Clans and look for the HK-Factory along with Canderous, HK-47 and possibly T3-M4...

Edited by The Architect

I'd like to be able to buy some goods from the Hutts, and sell them on another planet.

Overall I think there should be a bit more freedom in the game to do what you like , and have your story choices change that. IE:

You must get Crystal A from a Hutt on Tatooine , if you kill him, prices for X increase on that planet. You can take the Ebon Hawk, to Corusant fill your ship with that and sell it on Tatooine. But note that killing him would decrease organized crime and theres an increase in the chances of having your cargo stolen or being attacked .

I think you're underestimating just what sort of a programming nightmare a game like that would be to work on. There is a reason why multiplayer games are generic and spartan plotwise to the point of having almost no story, whereas the plots of even singleplayer games are frequently very fixed and linear.

The reason is not that the programmers are lazy and don't want to give us what we want to play. It is simply that such a game would mean that there are large sections of their work that only a portion of the audience will ever see. With the costs of making computer games today, it is just not cost-effective, let alone feasible.

This sort of thing was okay for Elite :blink: during the golden age of computer games in the 80s when it was just one or two people working on a game. But look at its sequel, Frontier, which was done exclusively by David Braben - it's a huge galaxy where you can go and do absolutely anything you want. But there is no plot. Because creating an open galaxy took all the programming efforts. This was okay to let one guy work on for a long time thirty or even twenty years ago. But today computer games are written by groups of 25+ people working for a year, and that makes any game a major investment.

It may change again someday and become easier to do games. The machines could become so fast, that you don't have to do code. Graphics and sounds might become so easy to work with that anyone can do it, if they have the creativity for it. But it is not so in the real world today, and gaming companies that don't accept that won't stay in business for long.

I want to see stores play a greater role in the game, for most of Kotor 2 I didn't have to buy anything other than medpacs, most of the weapons and armor I found or killed someone for.

Of course. All RPGs are founded on the time-honoured and highly ethical principle of grave-robbery, after all :D

Seriously, the real reason is the same as given in many a D&D (or other pnp-rpg book): If you can just buy the good stuff, then what's the point of questing for it?

I wouldnt want the Exile and Revan to be apart of the next kotor. They are just to vague characters on the count of every player having created them in theyre own image. Would rather see what happens after they both are gone. See a fledgling new jedi counsil and maybe some sith left behind after the lords fell.

I would also want to see Kreia stay in the series if only as an idea. Maybe theres a new dark Thraya in the galaxy. Maybe kreia walks in the minds of another student like she walked in sion. As she said: there must always be a Darth thraya. Kreia was the best character of in kotor history and maybe game history.

Would also like to see more cutscenes with action. There was alot of cutscenes but mostly they just stood there talking so a bit of witfull banter exchanged with some ligthsabers flaring would be nice.

Dont subscribe to the idea that the character should go off to the "sith empire" and figth them. Maybe just one true sith would come to the outer rim. And gather the remaining siths, Maybe hes searching for someone, maybe Revan had a child. that could be the new character. Maybe the child was hidden away while revan brougth havoc to the sith. hmm might be babbling a bit here

But i would like the focus to stay on persons and not machines. To be about feelings and not weapons. Dont like that siths relies on death stars and star forges want it to be about philosophy and faith.

I wouldnt want the Exile and Revan to be apart of the next kotor. They are just to vague characters on the count of every player having created them in theyre own image. Would rather see what happens after they both are gone.  See a fledgling new jedi counsil and maybe some sith left behind after the lords fell.

I would also want to see Kreia stay in the series if only as an idea. Maybe theres a new dark Thraya in the galaxy. Maybe kreia walks in the minds of another student like she walked in sion. As she said: there must always be a Darth thraya. Kreia was the best character of in kotor history and maybe game history. 

Would also like to see more cutscenes with action. There was alot of cutscenes but mostly they just stood there talking so a bit of witfull banter exchanged with some ligthsabers flaring would be nice.

Dont subscribe to the idea that the character should go off to the "sith empire" and figth them. Maybe just one true sith would come to the outer rim. And gather the remaining siths, Maybe hes searching for someone, maybe Revan had a child. that could be the new character. Maybe the child was hidden away while revan brougth havoc to the sith. hmm might be babbling a bit here

But i would like the focus to stay on persons and not machines. To be about feelings and not weapons. Dont like that siths relies on death stars and star forges want it to be about philosophy and faith.

Hi new member/alt ! :)

IB1OsQq.png

Without Revan and Exile KOTOR 3 would feel way too loose. Like it didn't matter what you did in previous games.

Revan and Exile should be in the third part of the series. And they can be. Because whatever choice you made they both had only one fate: they left the known galaxy into Exile.

It doesn't matter how they look like. It doesn't matter if they were dark or lightside. They are both men who never took a side: Exile wasn't a real Jedi and Revan wasn't a real Sith.

So what is going to happen in KOTOR 3?

- 'The Real Sith' will be revealed. I don't believe the 'Real Sith' are actually persons. That would just be a lame way of introducing an allpowerful baddie. If they just come up with twelve Darth's popping up in the galaxy I would be disappointed. So.....

- The 'Real Sith' is an idea, a deeper insight in the Sith morals and beliefs.

- Revan vs. Exile: one has to slain the other.

- Whatever happens, the Jedi Order and the Republic lives. Otherwise it'll mess up SW continuity.

- Whatever happens, KOTOR 3 ends with the main charactre leaving into exile. (It happened the last two times.... call me crazy, but this is what's going to happen)

in MY opinion, the relation between Exile and Revan should be a major plotpoint. Technical problems like gender and alignment are easily solved:

- Revan is darkside in KOTOR 3, even if you played him as a lightside charactre in KOTOR: He became darkside for a greater good, like Kreia said.

- Revan in KOTOR 3 wears his armour again. So no sex is showed.

It works the same with the Exile. But I'd like to play with the Exile again.

Sex or gender...? :devil:

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Without Revan and Exile KOTOR 3 would feel way too loose. Like it didn't matter what you did in previous games.

Revan and Exile should be in the third part of the series. And they can be. Because whatever choice you made they both had only one fate: they left the known galaxy into Exile.

It doesn't matter how they look like. It doesn't matter if they were dark or lightside. They are both men who never took a side: Exile wasn't a real Jedi and Revan wasn't a real Sith.

Well, I agree with you that their alignments don't matter, though not for the reasons you describe. To me both Revan and the Exile will want to fight the true Sith to either save the republic (LS) or to destroy the only competitor to their own rule as dark lords (DS). Therefore they will fight against the true Sith either way.

So what is going to happen in KOTOR 3?

- 'The Real Sith' will be revealed. I don't believe the 'Real Sith' are actually persons. That would just be a lame way of introducing an allpowerful baddie. If they just come up with twelve Darth's popping up in the galaxy I would be disappointed. So.....

- The 'Real Sith' is an idea,  a deeper insight in the Sith morals and beliefs.

No, I think it's quite safe to say that they are the descendants of the ancient Sith empire that spawned dark lords like Naga Sadow, Ludo Kressh, and Marka Ragnos a thousand years before before the empire destroyed itself in the hyperspace war against the republic. What these sith have become after a thousand years of secrecy is anyone's guess, though.

- Revan vs. Exile: one has to slain the other.

I see no reason why that has to happen. The Exile always followed Revan, and K2 ends with him following Revan again, whether good or evil. This also seems to fit best with the vision of Revan and the Exile in the tomb on Korriban in K2, I think.

- Whatever happens, the Jedi Order and the Republic lives. Otherwise it'll mess up SW continuity.

Well, the jedi order could go under same as it did in the movies era only to be reborn later. The republic cannot fall, no, but that doesn't mean it can't be ruled by an evil sith lord...

- Whatever happens, KOTOR 3 ends with the main charactre leaving into exile. (It happened the last two times.... call me crazy, but this is what's going to happen)

I really hope they don't do that again. Been there, done that...

in MY opinion, the relation between Exile and Revan should be a major plotpoint. Technical problems like gender and alignment are easily solved:

- Revan is darkside in KOTOR 3, even if you played him as a lightside charactre in KOTOR: He became darkside for a greater good, like Kreia said.

It works the same with the Exile. But I'd like to play with the Exile again.

That is strangely simiilar to what I have described in my plot speculations before.

Then again, setting alignment and gender and whatnot is a really easy thing to do in the game. I cannot believe this will present any problem to the devs.