KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Guest The Architect

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic III

Revan's Army

By The Architect

Chapter 1: Revan's Quest

Its two and a half years after the events of KOTOR II and the Ancient Sith Empire has been sending assault factions across the galaxy to destroy worlds across the outer rim. They have launched their assault upon the galaxy, their quest to destroy all galactic life has begun

I would like it if you could holster your weapons when not using them instead of always caring your lightsaber why not attach it to your belt.

Yes, but I never thought of lightsabers or guns as problematic. No, far worse is the joy of watching Exile or whoever casually poking his vibroblade *through* the chair and body of Atton or other companion during a cutscene :)

Fix the clipping errors! :devil:

Revan's Army

By The Architect

Chapter 1:  Revan's Quest

This sounds like a reasonable beginning, though it's not what I would have done. It's still just a background, isn't it? I mean, who is the central PC in this plot?

Also, Revan left the republic a year after the events of K1, which means that by the end of K2, he has been gone for over four years. That's a pretty big gap to fill with just an explanation of him being captured by the true Sith.

And then there's the question of why they leave him alive. Revan is a great threat to the true Sith, so leaving him alive, even as a prisoner, really just gives him the option of escaping later (sort of like all the villains in the Bond movies, who always tell him all their plans, then leave him to die instead of just putting a bullet in his head and get it over with...)

Revan's Army

By The Architect

Good story, but I think Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: The Last Struggle would be even better.

Another comment: I am "riding both sides of the fence". Character development is another huge aspect of role-playing. People like to get powerful and then be happy when their characters do so much damage. Would playing as Revan or the Exile ruin char. development?

Edited by Phaedra36

i must be the only one who finds the swoop racing BORING

I actually liked the way KOTOR 1 did it with the 3 rounds of play.

That way, you can still enjoy it and make money without having to spend too much time on it.

The K2 version was, well, twitchy enough to be its own game (as in not a minigame).

What I really want to see though, is the PC and crew use swoop bikes in-game.

Real time (with combat) would be preferred but just having it done with cut screens would be worth doing, IMO.

Because it is not realistic to think that every objective will be near the starport.

For those of you that find Swoop Racing boring theres a good reason, all u do is drive and jump. In KoToR 3 it won't be just a good idea but an awesome idea to have purchaseable swoop bikes as well as upgrade parts. Like illegal parts for dark side and something else for light side possibly but those should be like unique or epic parts. I still think tho that KoToR 3 should be for PS3 because not only is it going to be bought by over 70% of the gaming population, but it is indeed as by facts 35x more powerful than the PS2, 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution and 2x more powerful than the XboX 360. That's all facts. They will make a load more money if they have it come out for the PS3.

Edited by ZeroTM

Okay a few speculations after having beat it twice now.

Spoilers

1)The people that you helped become Jedi were the Lost Jedi and will shape the future according to Kreia.

2)Mandalore is a loyal beast.

3)You cannot take Visas or the Disciple because you cannot take anyone you love.

4)The Droids and Bao-Dur's future is unknown to Kreia.

5)She says the Exile's teachings cannot die, but the exile has one last journey.

Ok...so in my mind, you will be able to take Atton, Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, the droids, Carth, and possibly Bastila with you. Mandalore will be in there but I think the death of the Mandalorians will be triggered when Canderous falls. You cannot take Visas or Disciple because you and him/her truly loved each other and would cause doom to you both. Mira is going to die on a forgotten planet, but she never talks about the Outer Rim so I doubt she will be in the next one. And, the Exile will die in the 3rd one.

Edited by Phaedra36

i must be the only one who finds the swoop racing BORING

I actually liked the way KOTOR 1 did it with the 3 rounds of play.

That way, you can still enjoy it and make money without having to spend too much time on it.

The K2 version was, well, twitchy enough to be its own game (as in not a minigame).

What I really want to see though, is the PC and crew use swoop bikes in-game.

Real time (with combat) would be preferred but just having it done with cut screens would be worth doing, IMO.

Because it is not realistic to think that every objective will be near the starport.

yeah like on tatooine when u had to cross the desrt

Okay a few speculations after having beat it twice now.

Spoilers

1)The people that you helped become Jedi were the Lost Jedi and will shape the future according to Kreia.

3)You cannot take Visas or the Disciple because you cannot take anyone you love.

5)She says the Exile's teachings cannot die, but the exile has one last journey.

Ok...so in my mind, you will be able to take Atton, Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, the droids, Carth, and possibly Bastila with you. Mandalore will be in there but I think the death of the Mandalorians will be triggered when Canderous falls. You cannot take Visas or Disciple because you and him/her truly loved each other and would cause doom to you both. Mira is going to die on a forgotten planet, but she never talks about the Outer Rim so I doubt she will be in the next one. And, the Exile will die in the 3rd one.

um yeah mandalore and candurus are the same guy but yeah everything else is good

yeah like on tatooine when u had to cross the desrt

exactly...I want to park my swoop bike and know that there is some chance it will be stolen, stripped, or vandalized when I return. Hence, I may buy some security equipment to help deal with that.

and you should not automatically have a swoop...it should be a major expenditure that you can either go with or opt out of at some point (relatively early) in the game.

Why can't the Exile love Handmaiden (male Exile) or Atton (female Exile)? They do appear as genuine love interests in K2.

Mira is said to die on some forgotten planet, yes, but Kreia also says that this will happen "in many years time", so it seems incorrect to assume anything about her in K3.

I would agree with you on Mandalore, though.

I don't see why any of the other characters would be there, except for T3 and HK-47, which seems to be serve the same function that R2 and 3PO did in the movies. Atton and Handmaiden would not be appropriate for the same reasons that you cite for Visas and Disciple, perhaps Handmaiden more so, since you can get the same argument from Kreia about leaving those you love behind for her that you can for Visas (male) and Disciple (female). Besides, Handmaiden is supposed to take up Atris' role of historian (LS), so it wouldn't be appropriate to make her a companion in K3.

And I don't see why Bao-Dur or Carth would be in there at all. Sure, they will be there as NPCs that you can meet (depending on the alignments of Revan and Exile), but I don't see them as companions.

Since Kreia mentions the Exile's companions as 'the Lost Jedi', I find it more likely they will form the basis of a new emerging jedi order, and Bao-Dur would be part of that (unless he is considered to have died, as it was apparently planned in K2).

Carth shouldn't be a companion because he is an admiral in the republic fleet (LS Revan). He would be significant in a game where Revan is female, but that would be relevant only toward the end of the game, I think, where he can serve the same plot purpose as an NPC.

Personally, I'd rather have a smaller party, where people come and go. I suggested once (in case of a LS Revan) that you could meet Jolee and have him join the group, only he would remain on the planet where you met him and not travel with you. So once you left, he would leave the group again. A temporary companion, if you will. I'd like to see something similar for Mission, Zaalbar and Hanharr.

I do think, though, that one companion should definitely be Bastila :-

Bastila is a force goddess by the end of KotOR 1 as well. Seriously we need to stay away from the godlike 20 level pluss characters. I think it was rather inane of Obsidian to include Mandy-Candy in KotOR 2. He was very much so maxed level at the end of KotOR 1 and while it is plausible for droids to be mind wiped back to first level organics is a completely different beast.

Bastila is a force goddess by the end of KotOR 1 as well.  Seriously we need to stay away from the godlike 20 level pluss characters.  I think it was rather inane of Obsidian to include Mandy-Candy in KotOR 2.  He was very much so maxed level at the end of KotOR 1 and while it is plausible for droids to be mind wiped back to first level organics is a completely different beast.

which dovetails nicely into the whole idea about just who our shipmates are....IMO, not everyone on my ship has to be a controllable character.

in situations were I must have someone accompany me, then I want that person to be AI-controlled and not burn a party member slot. They did it on certain planets...you have your party but then there was an AI squad not too far behind....they should do that with mandatory party members.

mandatory party members are AI controlled, do not level up, take care of their own equipment, etc, etc.

Bastila is a force goddess by the end of KotOR 1 as well.  Seriously we need to stay away from the godlike 20 level pluss characters.  I think it was rather inane of Obsidian to include Mandy-Candy in KotOR 2.  He was very much so maxed level at the end of KotOR 1 and while it is plausible for droids to be mind wiped back to first level organics is a completely different beast.

Revan and the jedi masters would disagree, I think... :thumbsup:

There should be more enemies who are better equipped to fight jedi, I mean if your expecting Jedi/Sith then your not gonna send meatbags with pistols.. If you have half a brain. No probably shield bots or something that can combat it better. Also what is with the force powers that effect only robots.. what school of Jedi training is this from, to me it was more of a way to defeat a foe that was inheritly immune to Jedi mind tricks and other attacks. There also seemed to be too many generic sith drones running around.. I must have killed hundreds of Sith fodder throughout the game, I figured a Sith of any type as deadly and not cannon fodder (remembers the escape scene with the falcon cannon). And please don't make us wait half the game to get someone else to make a light saber for us, I see it this way, if I were a Jedi I think I might know better than some guy I just met how to build a lightsaber, I might even (boggle) already know how to make one. More options on character appearance even if there is only one race to choose, my options in the last game was A. Bald guy B. Asian guy C. Bee Gees man.

Can we lose the generic swords as well, Jedi and Sith use lightsabers, a sword is not a replacement or a temporary fix to having a lightsaber, why would someone who has been training as a Jedi/Sith lower themselves to using bladed weapons when force shock or force wave something or another would be much better...I don't recall seeing any Saber sword weapons in the movies save maybe for a Wookie.. but not sure on that either. No wierd strange force power modifications to my character, the force bonding black whole thing was kinda lame, I would like to have normal force powers next time with no wierd bond to someone I want to kill for most of the game. Force powers or mind tricks should work in realistic situations all the time, like when were freeing the Twileks girlfreind from dancing for the Twilek Thug, who wouldn't have just automatically did the force hand thing and be like "you want to let the girl go.. and give me all you possessions... and err do you have another ship somehwere, I have some people I want to get away from (party members)" You get the Idea. Can we not have the lost puppy party member thing going on next time, as well as real death for when they die.. so we can be rid of them once and for all... just a thought.