KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

How about a PC that is not a Jedi/Sith but with lightsabers in the game that are just like ordinary weapons. Pick one up and start swinging.

Or

You could have severe penalties when wielding a lightsaber without being a Jedi/Sith, and when not wielding a lightsaber when being a Jedi/Sith.

There could then be a special skill that allows a certain class of character to disarm Jedi/Sith.

Force pull for Jedi/Sith that would make it possible to disarm other Jedi/Sith, like in Jedi Knight.

Force pull for Jedi/Sith that would make it possible to disarm other Jedi/Sith, like in Jedi Knight.

from a console perspective, I like the idea of certain powers already being mapped to the buttons...Force Push, Force Pull, Force Throw, and Throw Lightsaber should be the default mappings, IMO.

however, I do like the idea of being able to change what effects are mapped to which buttons. because, in a KOTOR game, you will undoubtedly have more feats and powers than you can have mapped at any one time (at least on a console controller).

Choose from A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L or M...

I think the winner or the clear leader of this poll should determine how K3 should be made. So everybody vote!

How would you handle the fates of Revan and the Exile for K3?

A) Kill them both off

B) Play as Revan

C) Play as the Exile

D) Play half the game as the Exile, the other half as Revan

E) Limit them to minor cameo appearences

F) Both to make appearences but not be the main character or a party member

G) Don't kill them off, but don't make appearences either

H) Kill either Revan or the Exile off, but not both

I) Start as the Exile searching for Revan and when you find him/her, have them both as main characters with two different parties and ships

J) Having both Revan and the Exile as party members under a new main character

K) Give Revan and the Exile major roles, but not be the main character/s or PM's

L) Having Revan as the Main PC and the Exile as a party member with Revan...

M) Having the Exile as the Main PC and Revan as a party member with the Exile...

Definitely J. Why? Like I said again and again, if this is truly the last game of what someone said before "Revan and friends" then they need to be in there as party members. This should be an epic game and deserves to be so, but there should be some limitations like in Kotor 2. According to what job you wanted to be, there could be like three different teachers and each representing a different job. A teacher couldn't teach you how to have a lot of Force and weild a lightsaber like a professional anyway. So Revan should be a Jedi Weapon Master/Sith Marauder, Exile could be Jedi Master/Sith Lord, and Bastila could be like a Jedi Watchman/Sith Assassin. So whoever you pick for your teacher should be a party member and the other two could be NPC's.

ok. let me try to give you something to think about. storywise.

the main gripes are:

-should revan and exile appear and where/when

-no more amnesia

-jedi god problem.

-balance to the force.

now let me try to answer those as i see fit. and yes, i guess it WILL be cheesy. but, let's be frank, SW is pulp fiction, really. a $0.05 comic book material. but a good one. we like it.

both kotors hinted about some grave threat. a threat like no other. a threat, not even a jedi god could defeat.

what about two jedi gods? um, i guess no. so, there is a perfect excuse for a THIRD JEDI GOD. And that's where our story begins.

We don't need no revan or exile in the game until the very end. what we need is their presence. echoes of their work. Yup, it was used in kotor 2. but remember, it is their (mainly revan's) story to be told. so, our character goes after them. visits remote planets, paving his way to the outer rim, and becoming uber badbutt mofo all along. let him be a jedi from the beginning. let him start as a padawan. let his master be sent to find out, what happened to our beloved gods. let his master be killed (i don't say how or why). and now our noble padawan needs to survive. far away from council, friends and everything he knows. but slowly, as he advances, his master (as a ghost or via holo messages) reveals the whole legend about Revan and Exile to him. not only visible impacts that people talk about, but the dark secrets, all but few had forgotten.

And this is the part, where you can weave YOUR revan and exile into a story line. their gender, appearance and alignment. Just like you did, in fact, in KOTOR 2.

how the story ends? Simple as pulp fiction should.

you need a THIRD jedi god to fight the threat, and not before the very end, you are joined with revan and exile. and in the grand finale, they BOTH need to be sacrified, just like bruce willis in armageddon. hartbreaking. romantic. sad. yet you, the third jedi god are the one, upon which the balance is thrown upon. you lose the alignment. you become the Grey. and walk away quietly (maybe with revan and exile as force ghosts "supporting" your burden), into the legend.

the legend, that old Bastilla (or any other character of choice) tells the kids in the academy. as she wipes the tear from her face, she concludes with some blah blah about noble knights, selfless acts, the republic, you knnow, usual hero talk. cue for her memories (flashbacks) about all three of them, superimposed on her face. cue to sunset. music plays. end credits.

ok. there might be a plot twist, if you really want.

@Darth Quattro Sorry, I just don't agree. I think they should be in the LAST half of the game to even out the vast difference of levels. And I don't think there needs to be a third Jedi God. For these reasons..

1) There is someone that is full of the Force when you look at them. (Revan)

2) When you look at this person, it seems they are empty of the Force when you look at them. (Exile)

What else could there be? Maybe they could have some power that Revan and the Exile do not have. OR maybe they could just be a regular Jedi/Sith that happens to be swept up in the current of things.

As for them both dying, why? There is no reason for both to die. What I think should happen is my idea I said in the post before with the 1 teacher and have a mix of Kotor I and Kotor II party members. Like I have said before, any true rpg gamer would want all these plotholes to be fixed and so they should and that means stories between characters and an aftermath when everything is over, see how your choices in the game affected the other main characters after the game is finished. Kinda like in Jade Empire and NWN:HoU. And you can't have that by killing off Revan and the Exile and only hearing of their exploits. There has to be some interaction.

well, you answered it for yourself.

there is one of fullness.

there is one of emptiness.

so, there must be one of balance.

and, if you remember, that is what kreia was all about. there can't be a jedi without a sith. there is always darth traya. was. and will be.

nor revan or exile could do, what is upon them. and even, if they complement each other, how do you balance them without a scale?

I think K3 should revolve around 3 storylines

1: The Unknown Regions - Revan, Exile, the True Sith, the whole 9 yards...

2: The Republic - The Republic needs to recover and become strong again

3: The Jedi Order - Same as the Republic

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

i agree on all fronts but i think that the repulic will fall

according to continuity it can't happen for another 3900+ years :devil:

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

ice planet = yes

Hoth = no

only because continuity (IIRC) has the person Hoth (who the planet is named after) living several centuries after where KOTOR is in the timeline right now.

but an ice world? absolutely

Naboo? I don't see why not. I really enjoyed it being in the Obi-Wan game...very immersive maps...lots of waterfalls.

Rumours at Gamespot that Lego Star Wars 2 is in production make Kotor 3 somewhat less likely, I think. :lol:

Still, they're only rumours, of course.

basically, LA is *developing* less Star Wars games in-house.

Jedi Outcast, for instance, was developed outside.

as long as the quality is good, I don't see a problem with having multiple SW titles going at the same time. the problem is that, for a number of years, SW games were not that good.

ice planet = yes

Hoth = no

only because continuity (IIRC) has the person Hoth (who the planet is named after) living several centuries after where KOTOR is in the timeline right now.

but an ice world?  absolutely

Naboo?  I don't see why not.  I really enjoyed it being in the Obi-Wan game...very immersive maps...lots of waterfalls.

Naboo would be possible, but wouldn't that stretch the gap between K2 and K3 by about 50 years according to continuity?

DAWUSS