KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

nothing wrong with starting as someone who wants to be a Jedi....but I think growing into that is half the fun. I really liked all the official training in KOTOR I (until I realized what was really going on).

part of the problem is continuity....SW continuity states that the Jedi don't train adults. I think that is one reason we have had such detailed backstories to date.

but there are solutions for that....if you choose Force Adept then your backstory deals with how your parents gave you over to the Order when you were younger and how you have already had some formal training.

if you choose something else, then the Jedi take you in because, well, they don't even want to think about where the galaxy would be if you were in Sith hands. either way, there is something "special" about you and your connection to the Force...look, there is no way around that one, especially for PCs who start as something other than an Adept.

I would also like a more neutral path, not as good as an angel or as bad as an devil. Kinda like Jolee, ya know?

Also, I would like the dark side to have more options in dialouge and actions than just the Chaotic Evil, rampaging and killing wherever you go. Evil can be more branched out than that, I would actually like to play someone that is maleovolent and charming instead of a raging maniac if I play a darksider. It just seems there are not enough degrees of evil for a character to play.

Comments?

Also, I would like some mini-games to come back. Definitely not the one from Kotor I, I hated that one. But if you guys had a chance to put a mini-game in Kotor 3, what would it be? :)

agreed :thumbsup: ...but do leave a few chaotic-stupid evil actions in the game. Some are just too amusing. (w00t)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Guest The Architect

Choose from A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L or M...

I think the winner or the clear leader of this poll should determine how K3 should be made. So everybody vote!

How would you handle the fates of Revan and the Exile for K3?

A) Kill them both off

B) Play as Revan

C) Play as the Exile

D) Play half the game as the Exile, the other half as Revan

E) Limit them to minor cameo appearences

F) Both to make appearences but not be the main character or a party member

G) Don't kill them off, but don't make appearences either

H) Kill either Revan or the Exile off, but not both

I) Start as the Exile searching for Revan and when you find him/her, have them both as main characters with two different parties and ships

J) Having both Revan and the Exile as party members under a new main character

K) Give Revan and the Exile major roles, but not be the main character/s or PM's

L) Having Revan as the Main PC and the Exile as a party member with Revan...

M) Having the Exile as the Main PC and Revan as a party member with the Exile...

Edited by The Architect

agreed :thumbsup: ...but do leave a few chaotic-stupid evil actions in the game. Some are just too amusing.  (w00t)

Like the ones of HK-47 :-

Yes! With the option to destroy entire planets playing solo as HK - "Commentary: A few freebies for you master" o:)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

agreed :thumbsup: ...but do leave a few chaotic-stupid evil actions in the game. Some are just too amusing.  (w00t)

Like the ones of HK-47 o:)

Yes! With the option to destroy entire planets playing solo as HK - "Commentary: A few freebies for you master" o:)

hmm...LA did make HK-47 appeare in the expansion of them as a general of a droid army...Obsidian should make HK as main char and let him play trough these centuries to the time he will have an army of HK-s :-

IB1OsQq.png

Kotor: <s>Tales</s> Holovids of HK: <s>StarWars Episode x:</s> Reign of the Meatbags ?

Guest The Architect

Come on people! Read my previous post, and start voting. The biggest problem with K3 is how to handle Revan and the Exile? There are plenty of intelligent people out there who can come up with awesome stories, etc, we don't need to worry about that. I think the winner or leader of this poll should determine how K3 should be made. Give the fans what they want. Please, start voting.

No.

They should give the player 3 options.

1.  Start the game as a force user.

2.  Start the game as something other than a force user but with the option to become one later.

3.  Start the game as something other than a force user and the option not to become one at all.

Let the player decide the course of his character development.  After all that is one of the draws of a CRPG, and RPGs in general.

I have no problem with this as an idea and has even voiced support for a non-jedi Star Wars RPG in KotOR style on these boards before, but I wouldn't want it as a chapter of the KotOR saga. The KotOR games are about the jedi - it's called KNIGHTS of the Old Republic for a reason.

Fine...

J) Having both Revan and the Exile as party members under a new main character

This is the one I would pick. I'd give Revan and Exile major roles - greater than the main character plotwise, actually - and you wouldn't meet them until fairly late in the game, especially Revan, but you would get them in the group again.

No.

They should give the player 3 options.

1.  Start the game as a force user.

2.  Start the game as something other than a force user but with the option to become one later.

3.  Start the game as something other than a force user and the option not to become one at all.

Let the player decide the course of his character development.  After all that is one of the draws of a CRPG, and RPGs in general.

I have no problem with this as an idea and has even voiced support for a non-jedi Star Wars RPG in KotOR style on these boards before, but I wouldn't want it as a chapter of the KotOR saga. The KotOR games are about the jedi - it's called KNIGHTS of the Old Republic for a reason.

Don't worry about him Jediphile, I tried to explain this to him and told him everything that could be done to not use force powers and equipping armor, blasters, melee weapons etc. etc. etc. but he has made up his mind anyway.

I guess, don't worry, Lucasarts and whatever developer wouldn't bother. Jedi and Sith are one of THE MAJOR things which made Star wars as good as it is.

And about Revan and the Exile. Well, I think that it would be a bit to complicated to have them as party members. I guess they are better suited to be in the game, surely not dead, but take up a major role like we know from:

Yuthura Ban

Master Vandar

The Jedi masters in Kotor II

Something like that.

Good idea?

It's quiet a job to customize them, you know.

Master Vandar lives!

And about Revan and the Exile. Well, I think that it would be a bit to complicated to have them as party members. I guess they are better suited to be in the game, surely not dead, but take up a major role like we know from:

Yuthura Ban

Master Vandar

Something like that.

Good idea?

Well, as I've said before, the problem with the characters you mention is that they are all likely to be dead. Yuthura was most likely either killed by DS Revan or else redeemed by LS Revan only to then die when Malak bombed Dantooine. Yuthura is a good character, but she is denifitely dead in one ending of K1, which makes a new character more convenient.

Vandar is killed in the DS ending of K1, and even if Revan is set to LS in K2, we learn that he was killed on Katarr when Nihilus attacked... Again, while I like Vandar, it's best to let the dead remain dead.

And naturally the jedi masters of K2 were killed either by Kreia (LS) or the Exile (DS), except possible for Atris, but then she survives only in the extreme happy LS ending of K2...

I would also like a more neutral path, not as good as an angel or as bad as an devil. Kinda like Jolee, ya know?

Also, I would like the dark side to have more options in dialouge and actions than just the Chaotic Evil, rampaging and killing wherever you go. Evil can be more branched out than that, I would actually like to play someone that is maleovolent and charming instead of a raging maniac if I play a darksider. It just seems there are not enough degrees of evil for a character to play.

I would disagree somewhat with your use of "Chaotic Evil". Although that can be taken in different directions, I think the kind of sociopath the DSer is somewhat forced to play in these games is actually "Lawful Evil", like Malak.

the "seducer" is actually chaotic. yes, we desparately need more chaotic dialogue options and not just for the evil player. some LSers like to keep their true intentions somewhat veiled as well, for strategic purposes.

there are a few major things that need to be done with alignment and how it relates to dialogue. more chaotic options is on any short list.

as far as playing a non-Force user in the SW universe (as in non-Force-user endgame), I am all for it but, I agree, it is not KOTOR.

IMO, that would be better suited for Galactic Civil War (movie era) time.

Republic Commando explored this a bit with a squad-based FPS in which you play a "super" clone commanding lesser clones against the Trade Federation droids.

they should do a third person RPG like that...you are not a Force-wielder....you have the SW classes to choose from at character-creation time: Soldier, Scout, etc. Basically, you are a bounty hunter and you get to choose whether to work for the Republic or the Trade Federation.

the fact that it is in the movie era would help sell the concept to the masses.

KOTOR *needs* the Force to sell itself to the larger audience out there.

Yuthura Ban

Master Vandar

Something like that.

Good idea?

Well, as I've said before, the problem with the characters you mention is that they are all likely to be dead. Yuthura was most likely either killed by DS Revan or else redeemed by LS Revan only to then die when Malak bombed Dantooine. Yuthura is a good character, but she is denifitely dead in one ending of K1, which makes a new character more convenient.

Vandar is killed in the DS ending of K1, and even if Revan is set to LS in K2, we learn that he was killed on Katarr when Nihilus attacked... Again, while I like Vandar, it's best to let the dead remain dead.

And naturally the jedi masters of K2 were killed either by Kreia (LS) or the Exile (DS), except possible for Atris, but then she survives only in the extreme happy LS ending of K2...

KOTOR 2 has an ending? Did we play the same game?

Judge Hades

1.Balance and RolePlay EVEN if it is not as you wanted to be still can be done(not use lightsaber,use only one lightsaber,play with a low level,ignore force powers,grow your character ranged or something else than dueler)

and attitudes like "I want them to FORCE me to do that" won`t work... you don`t do it then you don`t WANT to do it and you contradict yourself...either you rank your char and be what you called us or you don`t and the argument loses it`s point

2.the first reason people played KoToR 1 was because they finally had a SW RPG ... and as ANY SW movie you have a Jedi there so it wasn`t a suprise what you`ll be there...the reason they played KoToR 2 was because it was already a saga/sequel/whatever you want to call it and Obsidian did a VERY good job in the little time they had.

Now...as every SW game except the RTS they have a lightsaber user and obviously Force users...(read as intruduction for below)

3.Why I want to start with lightsaber already: I earned 2 lightsabers in 2 games..I`m tired of running and being the stupid errand boy. I EARNED the right to have a lightsaber...

The 2 games were one amnesiac Jedi and one former Jedi... we knew from the very start so the result which will be having a lightsaber was set anyway.

Now...at THE moment where you HAD the lightsaber you had a decent level and feats/skills that allowed to USE that saber effectively and deadly. Furthermore,in the MOVIES and how Lucas thought the Jedi they are SUPPOSED to be formidable opponents.

Now...I also have a suggestion...they can give you a lightsaber but a standard one(based on KoToR 2 system will be the saber and the color crystal let`s say).. also nerfe it a bit(not too much or will be a .. light stick or something)...put 3 crystal slots on that and the crystals a bit more powerful since the saber was nerfed... crystals obtainable by quests/plot/VERY rare buys/boss drop. That way you have a lightsaber that is just a bit more powerful than a vibroblade AND can make it a unstoppable weapon later.

While we are at it and I have one more idea(TWO ideas for today LOL)... start with the hero(not Revan nor Exile) as a padawan and raise him to Jedi Knight and Jedi Master(possibly at Knight and Master you get 2 decent crystals)

Sorry for the semi-offtopic post and the long one...

[EDIT] Or start at Coruscant Academy with the padawan with saber parts in inventory and first thing to do is to build the lightsaber for the ones that are sadistic enough to build the third lightsaber >_<

Edited by DarthNihilus

Perhaps you should be able to play K3 from various perspectives, (ie. FS, NFS, etc.) and each one has a slightly different story

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Sith and Jedi is what madfe Star Wars into another crappy fantasy setting instead of a good and solid piece of science fiction.  Instead of wizards you have Jedi.  Instead of drow you have Sith.  >_<

Although it may be true that is Lucas`s idea and concept ... and I don`t comment on that because it is written a loong time ago :)

ANYTHING has a good and bad..a yin and yang..a white and black... Lucas decided that his are Jedi and Sith

as we commonly agree that the ones before Jedi can be understood so can we understand a Jedi/Sith idea

and there are games that have a FAR worse idea of fantasy and sci-fi so... i`ll accept Jedi :(

Did I mention that the lightsaber looks cool? :p

KOTOR 2 has an ending? Did we play the same game?

You know, the part right before you can not play the game any further?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.