KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

its impossible as far as im concerned because once an enemys dead they are never repalced. but in the first one on tatooine they do come back but there are only 4 and you don't get much XP

Apparently, the xp given by killing enemies is based on your level. The higher the level, the higher the xp gain.

So the trick is to level up only after you clear a zone and before a zone is loaded. So when a zone loads, the enemies xp gift count will be higher if you level up before the zone load.

Or something.

I just leveled up on the Ebon hawk but I still only made it to lvl 31.

its really hard to get to 30 in the first place you gotta do so F%^%ing much.

So what can you do to reach 50 without cheating?

No, it's not hard reaching higher levels. It's just tedious and mostly pointless, since the enemies will level up to match your own skill, which actually makes the late game more difficult.

A few hints for extra xp:

If you have good demolitions skill, try planting a few mines in one place (you get xp for that), leaving the map, then returning. You'll find that the mines are still there, only now you'll be given xp for collecting them again. You can repeat that over as often as you like.

Same thing with locks. Lock a box, leave the map, come back and unlock it. Easy xp.

There are also two points in the game, where monsters are spawned infinitely.

One is the first time the Sith assassins attack the Mandalorian base on Dxun - the assassins will keep respawning until someone takes on and kills the six "fixed" assassins in front of Mandalore's quarters. If you can avoid anyone engaging those six, you can kill the respawning sith for as long and for as many times as you like. This is best done by removing all partymembers so that the Exile is alone, since your companions tend to jump for the "fixed" assassins. This is a tedious way to gain xp, but your best bet for LS...

The second (and most often used) respawning point is in the jedi grave in the tomb on Korriban. You'll remember that if you search the jedi's body, two Hssiss will spawn and attack. However, if you search the body again, it will now be empty, of course, but the Hssiss will again respawn. This is not so easy for LS, however, since force points regenerate extremely slowly for LS'ers in the tomb, which makes it far easier for DS'ers. If you're DS, this is definitely the best place - just buff up on force powers, quickly touch the body 10+ times, then spam the action bar Force Storm - lots of barbecued Hssiss and xp going "K-ching" :thumbsup:

I want to have "animal companions" in k3. Upgrade the "Beast trick" or something. Having a pet hississ(sp?) would be fun. And a pet gizka. (just to have it breed and swarm worlds with them... an army of Gizka led by the dark lord <charname>...)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

The pet hssiss trick takes no time at all. Seriously click on it about 60 times. This spawns so many hssiss it's silly. In two force storms, you kill all but the ones that spawn waaaay down at the end of the hallway.

When I did this, every sequence I finished gained me an entire level.

The pet hssiss trick takes no time at all.  Seriously click on it about 60 times.  This spawns so many hssiss it's silly.  In two force storms, you kill all but the ones that spawn waaaay down at the end of the hallway.

When I did this, every sequence I finished gained me an entire level.

Yeah, you can jump ten levels in 30 minutes if done right.

Just be careful - those Hssiss pack quite a punch, so if the Exile decides to ignore your commands (like having your targeted Hssiss die and the Exile then decide to attack the next one with his weapons), you can die pretty quick.

Oh, and take note of what your system can put up with. I find that more than 15 or so Hssiss begins to tax my machine pretty severely (but then it is a few years old).

game balance is a big issue here. K3 SHOULD NOT be uber-munchkin gaming.

IMO, the game should be conceptualized and built around a Soldier-classed PC who "goes Force Sensitive" at around 20th level. Yes, that is still straying from the PNP version of SW d20 but that's OK. He gets some sort of cutscreen epiphany and all the beginning Jedi feats and powers. He has to construct a lightsaber before he can learn anything else, etc.

now, the problem comes in with the PC who starts as a Force Adept. He also knows he is on the Force god path. And his first "trial" is to build a lightsaber (also running around finding components). Enter: THE TRAINING LIGHTSABER....it is still much more effective than other melee weapons but it is not as strong as a knight's lightsaber...it could even have a shock/stun effect rather than a cutting effect.

only someone with Knightly Focus (or whatever) can wield a "real" lightsaber. so even if little muchkin finds a dropped saber, he can't use it unless he has the feat....he has to keep using his non-upgradable training lightsaber until he has that feat.

(BTW, only the Force Adept would have to deal with this nonsense...the other way of jedification would have you with the feat right away.)

I want to have "animal companions" in k3. Upgrade the "Beast trick" or something. Having a pet hississ(sp?) would be fun. And a pet gizka. (just to have it breed and swarm worlds with them... an army of Gizka led by the dark lord <charname>...)

I don't think we need pets to trail us around in our adventures.

Having a pet hississ is something that a darksider would have.

Yeah, why bother having a game that is balanced when you can have uber munchkin jedi that can lay waste to every foe. I know why not start the game at max level and give the player enough lightsabers that his entire party can dual wield.  Instead of having a story to the game we could just have hordes and hordes of enemies mad rush to PC and die.  The PC could also have unlimited force points so all he or sh ecan do is just spam Force Lightning storm.

Oh yeah, that will be real fun.  :thumbsup:

Now THAT would be a Star Wars game!

Yeah, why bother having a game that is balanced when you can have uber munchkin jedi that can lay waste to every foe. I know why not start the game at max level and give the player enough lightsabers that his entire party can dual wield.  Instead of having a story to the game we could just have hordes and hordes of enemies mad rush to PC and die.  The PC could also have unlimited force points so all he or sh ecan do is just spam Force Lightning storm.

Oh yeah, that will be real fun.  :wacko:

Now you see the light. :)

Edited by Gabrielle

Yeah, we should have a game where the main character wields a double-lightsaber in each hand and has lightsaber-enhancements to his boots, so that he can all his limbs to fight the bad guys while he uses force powers at the same time. Throw in lightsabers in the form of thrown shruiken/boomerang-like blades and you have a real winner!

Oh, and you should get to built your own death star around level 10...