KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Imbalance can be a good thing. And balance is not necessarily always only attached to difficulty.

Pacing, gore levels, language and amount of info in the gameworld, etc. Lots of things compose balance in a game.

But balance is completely dependant on what the designers intend to do. If the Lightsaber is strong, it is because they wanted it strong and you can bet a few people once gathered around a table to discuss how strong the lightsaber should be.

A Jedi with a lightsaber is supposed to be strong, a formidable adversary. It is very plausible that once you acquire the Lightsaber you become a nearly unstoppable force.

Thats why, maybe, it takes so long to get one in K2.

:blink:

If I can kill things with one hit doing minimum damage then it is way too powerful.  Add in the fact it can deflect blaster bolts I could just stand there and have the enemy kill themselves.  TOO FREAKING POWERFUL!

As for balancing the game for Force users then what are the rest of the party, who are not juedi, are suppose to do.  They would be fried within the first few seconds of combat.  This is a CRPG in case you deidn't notice.  Not a freaking action game.

Well, it's Star Wars, isn't it? Look at the movies and then tell me the jedi are balanced with all the non-jedi... If, like me, you think they're not, then it's pointless to ask for game balance, because the jedi are more powerful in the movies, and games based on the movies should therefore reflect that.

They could remove the power crystals from the lightsabers, though - there are no such buff-crystals in the PnP RPG, so that's pure munchkin in KotOR.

Note: The power of the jedi is one reason why I'd like to Myrkr in K3 :wub:

Movies and games are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!  What works in a game will often not work in a movie and what works in a movie will more than likely not work in a game.  That has been proven countless of times.

That is metagaming, Astr0Creep.  If I have to artificially make the game harder thenthe game is not worth playing.

Umm, if Star Wars are movies (they ARE) so all the games have to be same as the movies to be real Star Wars....same powers and abilities, same design, same galaxy, same world. :blink:

IB1OsQq.png

Movies and games are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!  What works in a game will often not work in a movie and what works in a movie will more than likely not work in a game.  That has been proven countless of times.

That is metagaming, Astr0Creep.  If I have to artificially make the game harder thenthe game is not worth playing.

So you want the developpers to make a game for you, one that would be perfect for you, without you having to make any effort whatsoever, without you opening your mind to anything else beside what you consider to be perfection.

Have you ever played a game like that?

Yes, consistancy if good but at the end of the day the things in a Star Wars movie make piss poor gaming.

I would certainly appreciate some ORIGINAL ideas in the gaming industry(movies too for that matter). I find Star Wars to be a perfect setting for games, especially space sims and sci-fi military ground combat.

But SW has been done to death. That cow has been milked plenty. New worlds, new ideas would be immensely appreciated.

Yes. It was called Fallout.

Star Wars is not a perfect setting. It is a setting for lame munchkin gamers who want uber mad force skillz.

Maybe in a SW RPG you are right. But you can only compare to what has been made. Saying it's impossible for anyone to ever make a balanced SW RPG is pushing it a bit don't you think?

Maybe Bethesda will pick up the franchise from Obsidian when they're done with Fallout 3 :blink:

Yes. It was called Fallout.

Star Wars is not a perfect setting. It is a setting for lame munchkin gamers who want uber mad force skillz.

Oh, come on - Fallout was also wide open for munchkinism, even without modding the files or similar. I should know, I managed to get a character with all 10s stats and 16 action points by exploiting a few bugs...

well a balence RPG would need to incorperate things like random battles i mean the cut of for levels in KOTAR and KOTAR 2 is 30 and thats just plain stupid you sould be able to go to 100

K1 level cap is 20.

K2 level cap is 40.

You spelled it wrong, unless you intentionally changed the word Old with A** in the title.

The level cap in K2 is lvl 50, not 40.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

well a balence RPG would need to incorperate things like random battles i mean the cut of for levels in KOTAR and KOTAR 2 is 30 and thats just plain stupid you sould be able to go to 100

K1 level cap is 20.

K2 level cap is 40.

You spelled it wrong, unless you intentionally changed the word Old with A** in the title.

LOL :rolleyes:

IB1OsQq.png