KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

What are your guys thoughts about having key members from Kotor I and II being implemented for henchmen? Is this still a no as well?

they need to break it up a little...K2 had more multithreaded elements than K1. they can take the multithreaded thing much further.

not everyone needs to be in the "medal ceremony" at the end of the game to have played an important part....nothing wrong with having a (controllable) Jolee do one mission on some remote world and then you don't hear from him again for the rest of the game....nothing wrong with having a Bastila or Mandalore with their own ships but having one or two missions in which they are controllable...nothing wrong with having the main protagonist only going to 2 worlds the entire game.

I'm not saying they should do everything mentioned above but I do hope they stray a little bit from what is starting to look like a gameplay (and game-pacing) formula.

no you can't kill carth cause he runs like a bi%

I never did this but I read on Bioware's KOTOR1 forum that if you play DS female, Carth shows up on the Starforge and you get to decapitate him. It's a secret ending or something.

Any character that can die in any previous KOTOR game under any circumstances cannot come back in any future KOTOR game.

In KOTOR3, none of the characters from that game should come back because nobody really knows what the heck happens to them thank you very much LucasArts(the hidden text files do not count)!

The exeption are the droids.

Edited by astr0creep

KOTOR 3 will have characters that could have died in other games.

I don't think there is any question about that.

(they had Carth and Bastila in K2)

Scripted events

such as Vrook dying

that happen no matter what are different, WAY DIFFERENT and do need to be respected.

But I hope they do the ghost thing with some of those.

Oh I see. Yeah Jolee could have been killed, but Carth could have been killed as well. It would just depend on the character choices that you would have to make in K3. If Revan was light, then chances are Jolee is still alive.

Yup ,there are lots of char who actually 'could' have been killed. Thats why I think all of KOTOR 1 and 2 chars should be 'ressurected' for the final ,3rd episode (hmm...ok maybe not the final ep, but the final of 'revan&friends'-s story)

I definitely agree. I would like all their stories to come to an end whether it's Atton finally being able to admit he loves the Exile, Carth/Bastila and Revan being reunited, etc.

Correct: even if some of you hate some of the chars, all of them should have thier 'happy ending' (don't be sarcastic on this one :( ), a story needs an ending :)

IB1OsQq.png

Scripted events

such as Vrook dying

that happen no matter what are different, WAY DIFFERENT and do need to be respected.

They had Carth and Bastila in K2? What? Where? When? How?

Someonce talked about them yes but they were never there.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing an entirely different game to everyone else...

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I think the only ending that future installments should be based on is the canon ending. Sure there are still going to be alternate endings, but they won't end up being an impact in the next installment. Kinda like the Command & Conquer series...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

@Jorian Thank you^^. I would like every character that actually meant something to someone to have a definite ending whether it be good or bad. Of course I am rooting for happy endings, but I am betting someone important has to die along the way.

@PlanoSkywalker Ok, but think about this. This is an award-winning game, so many people will want a definite end to many of the characters they have known to enjoy and like a lot. I mean, this is an Role playing game so many people will want closure to the characters if this happens to be the last of the trilogy. Many people, such as myself, will want a few questions answered before the Kotor series ends such as:

What happens between Revan and Carth/Bastila?

What happens between the Exile and their love interest? Will Atton ever admit (or any of the other characters really) that they love the Exile?

What about our new character?

And of course the fates of more important characters that we know and love such as the droids, Jolee, Canderous, etc. I am not saying that every single one has to be in the party, but I do not think that Jolee should just do a mission and never be heard from again. That is too many plotholes, and I expect for Obsidian or whoever makes it to fill up this vastly open-ended Kotor 2 or it will be a huge disappoint to the hard-core rpg gamers.

does anyone actually think this game will be made?

Yes, but perhaps not until LucasArts has some trouble with its other titles and needs a solid performer. I think they have a two game per year policy now, and I'd guess their other franchises are more profitable.

It's always fun to read the rumours, though. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Scripted events

such as Vrook dying

Carth only existed if you picked lightside Revan in KOTOR 2. Otherwise he was dead. They allowed Bastila to die, because it was quite an exceptional situation for her to die. With Carth, he's always gone if you go Darkside Revan. With Bastila, MAYBE she's gone if you go Lightside Revan.

Carth only existed if you picked lightside Revan in KOTOR 2.  Otherwise he was dead.  They allowed Bastila to die, because it was quite an exceptional situation for her to die.  With Carth, he's always gone if you go Darkside Revan.  With Bastila, MAYBE she's gone if you go Lightside Revan.

All I'm stating is my take and that is that the designers should not feel constricted by this sort of thing. Part of that is based on pragmatism and part is based on the fact that the only continuity ending is the LS ending. I realize that not all may like that but that is the way it is.

I have no problem with the LS player seeing Carth and the DS player getting the same content from a droid or something....same thing with party members....if you think about it, DSers (especially "Lawful Evil" types) should have to depend on droids more anyway. The higher quality characters aren't going to sit around and serve some sociopath and so they should be there for LS (or neutral) only. Now, if they end up with more chaotic options for DS, then that would be different.

not only should the PC be able to release party members, but shipmates should be able to abandon you in port if things are too bad.

Carth only existed if you picked lightside Revan in KOTOR 2.  Otherwise he was dead.  They allowed Bastila to die, because it was quite an exceptional situation for her to die.  With Carth, he's always gone if you go Darkside Revan.  With Bastila, MAYBE she's gone if you go Lightside Revan.

Actually Carth might have lived even in the DS Revan version of K2 - he just never makes an appearance.

Bastila, however, does appear no matter what you play in K2. If you pick LS male Revan or DS Revan (either gender), then she is the one who appears in T3's holorecording, whereas it's Carth in the LS female Revan version.

But Bastila appears again later in the game. If you play with LS Revan, then she meets with Carth after the Exile had talked to him upon saving Telos. If Revan is DS, Bastila appears as another holorecording found in the ruins of the Sith academy on Korriban.

Personally I do want most of the previous characters to make some sort of appearance again, though I do think the LS/DS choices of K1 and K2 should be taken into consideration. This is not a problem, however. As we see in K2, it's entirely possible to put a "known" character in the plot only to replace him or her with an new character, if the chosen plot has killed the former. This was true of Carth, but actually the game also contains multiple recordings of the Darth Traya dialogue depending on whether Kreia or Atris ended up in that role.

So it doesn't strike me as a particular problem to include Jolee and then allow for a 'replacement' in case he was killed. IIRC, there was even to have been a possibility of having Atris as a playable character in the party at one point in K2, so it really is just a question of implementing some ideas that Obsidian have already considered.

Yes and then there's the bit about not wanting to wait to take advantage of you saber feat vs taking feat you don't want to stay alive until you get that saber...

Though I still there should be the option to play as a non force user.

Yes I agree very strongly with that option. It would be so cool to have a path through the Jedi/Sith academy as a sidequest instead of a main quest thing.The player could choose to be a Jedi or not. Thats very appealing.

Scripted events

such as Vrook dying

They had Carth and Bastila in K2? What? Where? When? How?

Someonce talked about them yes but they were never there.

When they were there, the main char was not there anymore :D

IB1OsQq.png

The lightsaber is the most over powering and unbalancing weapon I have ever seen ina CRPG, as well as the force using classes.  Way to freaking uber.  If they toned down the capabilities of the Force using classes and the lightsaber capabilities then I wouldn't see any major problem with having one at the beginning of the game but as it stands now KotOR is too freaking munchkinized and it just sounds to me that you want to munchkinize it even more.

Munchkin gaming = boring gaming.

No need to weaken the Lightsaber...it is actually too weak already.

If balanced on a game for a jedi main char ,then its fun. Jedi Knight+Jedi Academy are fun too. :shifty:

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png