KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I would like the PC to have a choice of a master, either light or dark, either Revan or Exile(if they are back, that would be coolest methinks). PC's choices and actions decide.

Somehow I see Revan as Male DS and Exile as male LS but that depends on whats canon.

Eventually the master dies, leaving the PC as a lone Padawan and the only hope for the galaxy/republic. He/she must ultimately face the remaining master and his/her padawan.

I would like to see previous party members as bosses, facing Bastila and/or Carth if PC is DS or facing Canderous and/or HK-47 if PC is LS for example.

Hmm, Revan or Exile as your Master ,but then you would have to chose how they actually look like (what you self used in KOTOR 1-2) ... its a nice idea >_<

:(

The only problem with appearance would be with LS Master. DS Master could always be disfigured or wearing a mask.

Actually, what would be so wrong in a LS Master wearing a mask, as long as it's not evil looking? A vale or something.

Well whatever is decided, it won't please everybody. I expect they won't be killing of either Revan or the Exile until near the end - and if so, it should be due to some of the player's actions. Hopefully, that'd make everyone happy - I mean, being able to choose who lives and dies. (Although, come to think of it, that sounds awfully like "playing god"... >_< )

However, if the player does choose to go Dark Side, for crying out loud, make it decent this time. More Kreia style manipulations on the PC's part; I don't want to serve the Republic if I'm evil - I want minions, dangit. Minions and slaves! Or some such. <_< Mmm... twilik(sp?) dancers? :(

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Well whatever is decided, it won't please everybody. I expect they won't be killing of either Revan or the Exile until near the end - and if so, it should be due to some of the player's actions. Hopefully, that'd make everyone happy - I mean, being able to choose who lives and dies. (Although, come to think of it, that sounds awfully like "playing god"...  :( )

However, if the player does choose to go Dark Side, for crying out loud, make it decent this time. More Kreia style manipulations on the PC's part; I don't want to serve the Republic if I'm evil - I want minions, dangit. Minions and slaves! Or some such.  <_< Mmm... twilik(sp?) dancers?  :p

It's Twi'lek, and you're right, but not just for DS minions, LS should get some too >_<

IB1OsQq.png

Well whatever is decided, it won't please everybody. I expect they won't be killing of either Revan or the Exile until near the end - and if so, it should be due to some of the player's actions. Hopefully, that'd make everyone happy - I mean, being able to choose who lives and dies. (Although, come to think of it, that sounds awfully like "playing god"...  >_< )

However, if the player does choose to go Dark Side, for crying out loud, make it decent this time. More Kreia style manipulations on the PC's part; I don't want to serve the Republic if I'm evil - I want minions, dangit. Minions and slaves! Or some such.  <_< Mmm... twilik(sp?) dancers?  :(

If the player goes DS, he should stab Revan and Exile in the back, leaving them both dead, and then rule the true Sith while the republic is left to rebuild.

Okay, so i am going to process what has been said so far and then i will combine like ideas and present that. then we'll see what looks good. mind you, the ideas will be a sentence or two... or i plan that.

EDIT: actually this was a horrible idea. maybe i should just poll the several different facets of the complete ideas? for example, revan and exile get killed to start off K3; revan and/or exile can be in your party; Revan and/or Exile are NPC's that you merely deal with or are instructed by, but not in your party; main conflict is with the "true threat"; main conflict is with DS Revan and DS Exile (who have become part of or all of the true threat);

stuff like that. this'll just be a series of polls i guess.

DOUBLE EDIT: dangit, no this won't work at all. forget i tried anything guys. i am a failure.

Don't feel so bad. There is no reason to feel like a failure. After all, it's not your fault that KotOR-fans cannot agree on what they would want.

In that sense we're really not different from any other fans. Just trying jumping onto a Star Trek board and ask the fans what should be done and which stories should be told to revive the franchise. It's a sure road to havoc and disagreement, I fear...

And KotOR fans have better cause to dissent, since the games allow you to end up as both good and evil and choose the gender as well... for two characters now.

I mean, just suggest that Revan or Exile should be set to male/female or LS/DS by canon and K3 should then assume that choice, and it'll be certain to cause dissent.

one of difficulties the devs/designers face is, in fact, what to do with Revan and the Exile....no way either one can be the PC....killing them off early would be cheap, having them involved could crowd out the PC, etc.

that is one reason I like the idea of a "co-protagonist", a role that could be filled by Bastila, for instance.  that way, when the continuity story is written in other SW media, they can tell it without referring to the video game PC.

going forward, that is the way to handle it IMO because "all SW is continuity".

and continuity loves things to be defined rather than undefined.

Well, this is from my point of view. I'm a big fan of DnD and start off as some lowly nobody. As I began my early stages of DnD, my friends and I meet these famed NPC characters that everyone knows and loves. In fact, they are even our own idols. You meet them a couple of times, never really get to know them until you are much higher level. When you finally get around their level or even at their level, they begin to start making friends with you, show you respect, and even ask for your help. That is one of the greatest feelings of them all during DnD is to have one of your idols see you as an equal and it could work in everyday life as well.

So perhaps you don't get Revan and the Exile towards the last half of the game? Perhaps you are just a slave to some Sith on the Outer Rim and when you go and do your chores or menial tasks for your Master, you catch glimpses (cutscenes) of Revan and the Exile whether it be trying to recruit people in secret for their cause or exterminating a few prominent Sith when no one was looking.

You gain a few levels and pretty soon your idols ask you to join their Resistance group which is in an abandoned warehouse. You start off as the lowliest rank and Revan and the Exile only talk to you to give out orders, but as you gain levels, they began to show interest in you. They raise you up a rank every few levels and soon you are an apprentice under Revan or the Exile. You start leading your own party to more covert missions, getting new recruits along the way to be in your party, and soon Revan and the Exile are coming to you and saying they need YOUR help. I would be very happy if that happened, just would make my character feel that much more important.

Whether Revan or the Exile die in the end is up in the air (maybe one saves the other by taking a hit or one sacrifices themself for you when you should have died?), but I would actually like to party with them for a little bit if I have to see them go. They need to be a big part of the storyline, and I think my idea (while not perfect) is a good one at least.

P.S. Constructive criticism please.

Edited by Phaedra36

one of difficulties the devs/designers face is, in fact, what to do with Revan and the Exile....no way either one can be the PC....killing them off early would be cheap, having them involved could crowd out the PC, etc.

that is one reason I like the idea of a "co-protagonist", a role that could be filled by Bastila, for instance.  that way, when the continuity story is written in other SW media, they can tell it without referring to the video game PC.

going forward, that is the way to handle it IMO because "all SW is continuity".

and continuity loves things to be defined rather than undefined.

Well, this is from my point of view. I'm a big fan of DnD and start off as some lowly nobody. As I began my early stages of DnD, my friends and I meet these famed NPC characters that everyone knows and loves. In fact, they are even our own idols. You meet them a couple of times, never really get to know them until you are much higher level. When you finally get around their level or even at their level, they begin to start making friends with you, show you respect, and even ask for your help. That is one of the greatest feelings of them all during DnD is to have one of your idols see you as an equal and it could work in everyday life as well.

So perhaps you don't get Revan and the Exile towards the last half of the game? Perhaps you are just a slave to some Sith on the Outer Rim and when you go and do your chores or menial tasks for your Master, you catch glimpses (cutscenes) of Revan and the Exile whether it be trying to recruit people in secret for their cause or exterminating a few prominent Sith when no one was looking.

You gain a few levels and pretty soon your idols ask you to join their Resistance group which is in an abandoned warehouse. You start off as the lowliest rank and Revan and the Exile only talk to you to give out orders, but as you gain levels, they began to show interest in you. They raise you up a rank every few levels and soon you are an apprentice under Revan or the Exile. You start leading your own party to more covert missions, getting new recruits along the way to be in your party, and soon Revan and the Exile are coming to you and saying they need YOUR help. I would be very happy if that happened, just would make my character feel that much more important.

Whether Revan or the Exile die in the end is up in the air (maybe one saves the other by taking a hit?), but I would actually like to party with them for a little bit if I have to see them go. They need to be a big part of the storyline, and I think my idea (while not perfect) is a good one at least.

P.S. Constructive criticism please.

For some reason reading your post I was reminded of a fantastic game called Freedom Fighters...

I really like the idea of having Revan or Exile as a Master and evolving with them as a Jedi/Sith. However not with both of them.

Also, your story seems to be about a group of Rebel fighters. Rebels. Rebellion...

Why would they need YOUR help? What's so special about you? In both KOTORs the PC was a special individual, a special Jedi/Sith and that is what made them unique and needed to save the Republic/galaxy. Being skilled and learning fast is not enough imo.

Starting the game as an apprentice or even simply a force sensitive bum living off gizka flesh in a rundown lowlevel part of Coruscant sounds very interesting.

As long as there is no stupid amnesia trick again.

@Astrocreep

Ok, I understand what you are saying. Maybe I could rephrase that? Since you have proven yourself so useful to them, perhaps they just let you go along for the ride?

And maybe so you don't have the Exile and Revan with you in the same party..

What if when you become an apprentice, there was Exile, Revan, and Bastila there and each one reprented a different aspect of the Jedi/Sith Order?

Lets just say Revan could have been the prestige class of Jedi Guardian/Sith Marauder (Forgot the name), Exile could be a Jedi Master/Sith Lord, and Bastila could be a Jedi Watchman/Sith Assassin? And when you chose what you wanted to be, that person would come along as your teacher? That way you would have the same amount of characters like in the second one, and allows for a couple more replays to get the optimal experience? When you choose one Teacher, the other two become more like NPC characters and are just there to offer you advice like in the first Kotor concerning the Masters in the Jedi Enclave.

Edited by Phaedra36

@Astrocreep

Ok, I understand what you are saying. Maybe I could rephrase that? Since you have proven yourself so useful to them, perhaps they just let you go along for the ride?

And maybe so you don't have the Exile and Revan with you in the same party..

What if when you become an apprentice, there was Exile, Revan, and Bastila there and each one reprented a different aspect of the Jedi/Sith Order?

Lets just say Revan could have been the prestige class of Jedi Guardian/Sith Marauder (Forgot the name), Exile could be a Jedi Master/Sith Lord, and Bastila could be a Jedi Watchman/Sith Assassin? And when you chose what you wanted to be, that person would come along as your teacher? That way you would have the same amount of characters like in the second one, and allows for a couple more replays to get the optimal experience? When you choose one Teacher, the other two become more like NPC characters and are just there to offer you advice like in the first Kotor concerning the Masters in the Jedi Enclave.

Actually, thats very close to what I'm writing right now.

Except in my version, there is no Master Bastila, only Masters Revan and Exile.

However, I don't really like the idea of Revan and Exile coming back in such an important way. I would rather hear or read about their progress than actually interacting with them in K3. I write about it, but I don't like it. Does that make sense?

I'm just writing a version of possible outcomes...

Let me know when you get it done Astro. I would like to read it :)

What are your guys thoughts about having key members from Kotor I and II being implemented for henchmen? Is this still a no as well? I think that at least a few people would rush out there, whether it was to be with someone (aka love interests), be with their famed General (Bao-Dur), or just to kill love interests. I am still a strong advocate that a collection of them should be there, I mean I would hate to see people that we all strongly like just get pushed aside and have nothing else to do with the headband. I mean, I wanted to see more of Jolee instead of finding his headband in the Shyrack Caves....

Edited by Phaedra36

Oh I see. Yeah Jolee could have been killed, but Carth could have been killed as well. It would just depend on the character choices that you would have to make in K3. If Revan was light, then chances are Jolee is still alive.

Yup ,there are lots of char who actually 'could' have been killed. Thats why I think all of KOTOR 1 and 2 chars should be 'ressurected' for the final ,3rd episode (hmm...ok maybe not the final ep, but the final of 'revan&friends'-s story)

IB1OsQq.png

Oh I see. Yeah Jolee could have been killed, but Carth could have been killed as well. It would just depend on the character choices that you would have to make in K3. If Revan was light, then chances are Jolee is still alive.

This is why, if you choose DS Revan in Kotor 2, the Republic Admiral chasing you is not Carth Onasi. If you chose LS Revan, then it's Carth following you around.

Yup ,there are lots of char who actually 'could' have been killed. Thats why I think all of KOTOR 1 and 2 chars should be 'ressurected' for the final ,3rd episode (hmm...ok maybe not the final ep, but the final of 'revan&friends'-s story)

I definitely agree. I would like all their stories to come to an end whether it's Atton finally being able to admit he loves the Exile, Carth/Bastila and Revan being reunited, etc.

they can't show him because theres a chance hes dead

Actually, they can do whatever they want and the fans will just have to accept it, whether they like it or not. :lol:

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!