KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

her claim is true

And you know this for fact, do you? :wub:

Maybe Revan simply took a vacation because he got sick of the republic or the sith, hmm, ever consider that? :-"

My point is - you only have Kreia's word to go on and until K3 is made, canon or otherwise, no one knows for sure. Don't be so quick to judge in absolutes. ;)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

i hope they don't go the canon route because that will eliminate the custom PC, which makes KOTOR what it is.

I mean i love Revan's character but how would you start with him if he was the PC or exile for that matter? You can't start them off as uber and you can't start them weak.

I hope he is in the next game and i hope you get to use him toward the end, or at least train under him.

Well, one way of doing that would be to have "Revan transmissions" via communication. Revan guides your character while offering advice or the like, but again, that derives the player of control of his former PC.

Revan could be as powerful as he was in K1, but you wouldn't get to use him in a fight until you eventually met up sooooo that way you still "get" him, but "not".

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Ok I know I might get a little off-topic, but I want to clarify some things and give my own idea, but I think that the above-mentioned post could be a great start for a storyline. Constructive criticisms please.

1) Revan and the Exile should be in your party as companions. Why not? This is the last stand of the game, this is most likely the last Kotor they will make. Why can't we stand with the combined forces of Revan, Exile, and key members of 1 and 2? This last one should be epic and needs to be. I would love to fight alongside with them and all my other favorite members, plus a few added in depending on love interest choices and alignment. Them appearing would be tolerable, but I would love to fight with Revan and the Exile.

2) How could this be possible since they are so much higher level than me? What if Revan and the Exile have been working together for a ~year before you step in and you are there to see something drastic. Lets just call them essence gems, where it drains all their power and they get saved and are your level now. Same person, just a quick and easy fix for the huge amount of level difference.

Now for my trailer idea at E3

Huge white letters flash across the screen saying one at a time, "Love, Revenge, Betrayal, Hatred.." The scene starts off in the Jedi Enclave at Corsucant with a couple of people but the camera is focused on Jolee in the center, Handmaiden on his left, and Disciple on his right."We have reached an agreement, you must travel to the Outer Rim and help Revan and the Exile.." The two people nod in agreement and start walking out to the Ebon Hawk.

It then flashes to a planet filled with the dark side. "To beat the greatest Siths of them all, you will need the most powerful allies at your disposal. Visas (shows Visas using her Force Sight before motioning to a lean figure that it is okay to go on). Atton (steps to the guards with a confidant gait trying to engage them in a witty conversation to use as a distraction,the guards in some awesome looking armor and masks). Four lean figures in armor similar to the guards sneaks into the side of the temple and are met in a vicious battle. Bastila.(First one to cast off their robe, kneeling down to commence her battle meditation) Carth. (hurriedly takes off his robe and casts is aside before starting to fight) The cameras then swivel to the two running up to the leader, their Lightsaber weapons drawn in sync. When they cast off their armor the camera looks to the one with Nihilus. Exile (uses a new Jedi power). Revan (takes off his/her robe) and kills the leader in a few hits.

Meanwhile the Ebon Hawk lands and the couple of people are running up there in hoods where you cannot see their face. They burst open the temple door and shout, "Revan! No!" as Revan clutches the gem.

Screen fades to black and white words appear again, "The fate of the whole Galaxy in on your hands. What path will you choose? May the Force be with you."

The screen fades to black quickly announcing the year of the release.

Why not? They were our pc's at some point and time. Revan's story must be finished and why not have it better than being able to be your companion? I am sorry, but I don't think that people would like it if Revan or the Exile were dead. They were sent out there for a reason, and I don't think Obsidian would just have them killed off. Sorry. Maybe more NPC's than companions, but definitely not dead.

P.S. Read my storyline thing, see if you like that at least for what it is worth :-p

I don't like the idea of these Essence Gems of yours. Revan would not be foolish enough to fall into so obvious a trap - especially not if he is the far-sighted general that Canderous and Kreia made him out to be.

Why couldn't Revan? Revan almost died and the Jedis erased his/her mind and made a whole new identity Revan was not even aware of. How could Obsidian fix the level cap problem then? Ideas?

Maybe start off like at an advanced level like NW:HoU did?

@ Judge Hades maybe Kotor 1 and Kotor 2 characters can be combined for party members? What about the Exile? I wouldn't like the idea if both were killed simultaneously, that would be too much for me to bear ><

Edited by Phaedra36

Why couldn't Revan? Revan almost died and the Jedis erased his/her mind and made a whole new identity Revan was not even aware of. How could Obsidian fix the level cap problem then? Ideas?

Maybe start off like at an advanced level like NW:HoU did?

Well, Bastilia does say that Revan's memory returned - or at least, a part of it. And Malak says on the Starforge that Revan was even more powerful than his stint when he was the Dark Lord... so...

As to HotU style? Well, maybe, perhaps as an expansion but not to start a game off. Unless as someone previously suggested, they put all the games on a single DVD and you could play through in one go.

Actually, one thing I would like to see if the whole "New Jedi Council" thing goes ahead - is HK47 lecturing young padawans - not about the evils of the darkside, but how to kill dark jedi by erroding their will. His commentary would be highly amusing.

Yes, yes I know he's supposed to lead an army of HK51s, but even so.. it'd be funny.

Actually, one thing I would like to see if the whole "New Jedi Council" thing goes ahead - is HK47 lecturing young padawans - not about the evils of the darkside, but how to kill dark jedi by erroding their will. His commentary would be highly amusing.

Yes, yes I know he's supposed to lead an army of HK51s, but even so.. it'd be funny.

He is ? I am guessing cut content. Pm me if it results to any actual spoilers lol.

Yeah, cut content. Check out the links in Battlewookie's sig.

Okay, so i am going to process what has been said so far and then i will combine like ideas and present that. then we'll see what looks good. mind you, the ideas will be a sentence or two... or i plan that.

EDIT: actually this was a horrible idea. maybe i should just poll the several different facets of the complete ideas? for example, revan and exile get killed to start off K3; revan and/or exile can be in your party; Revan and/or Exile are NPC's that you merely deal with or are instructed by, but not in your party; main conflict is with the "true threat"; main conflict is with DS Revan and DS Exile (who have become part of or all of the true threat);

stuff like that. this'll just be a series of polls i guess.

DOUBLE EDIT: dangit, no this won't work at all. forget i tried anything guys. i am a failure.

Edited by Blank

Hi

found some article on obsidian.

look at this

If Obsidian has three games in production, Feargus predicts that two of them will be primarily console oriented with a third focused more on the PC market.

linkie

http://pc.ign.com/articles/684/684902p3.html

does this mean if Kotor III is created does this mean Kotor III is PC related only? :wub:

Hi

found some article on obsidian.

look at this

If Obsidian has three games in production, Feargus predicts that two of them will be primarily console oriented with a third focused more on the PC market.

linkie

http://pc.ign.com/articles/684/684902p3.html

does this mean if Kotor III is created does this mean Kotor III is PC related only? :wub:

i think you should assume that K3 is not any of those. i mean, i think those projects were planned a while ago, maybe even while K2 was just being finished.

At this point I would just like to see a KOTOR3 made, PERIOD. With the popularity of the series I don't see how they can't make another one, the story possibilities are endless, and I'm finding myself liking them even more than the movies themselves (new ones, anyway). You can get wrapped in the storyline much easier.

So what I would like to see is it be developed. Also, some more balance among the conflict would be nice.. the majority of the storylines are based around the sith and dark sith lords trying to find a jedi.

Guest The Architect
I think they should kill off Revan and the Exile right at the beginning.  BOOM!  They are dead and the last best chance for the Republic are dead and buried.  Deal with it.  The Republic is pretty much destroyed and galactic civilization is fragmented.  The remnants of Malak's fleet from KotOR 1 joins the Sith Empire, those who goaded the mandalorians to War prior to KotOR 1, goes in and enslave whole worlds.

Now the PC comes in... a slave on a world dominated by the Sith.

I like that idea, it's good.

Guest The Architect

Here me out folks and tell me if you have a problem with this. First of all, before Revan was captured by the Jedi Council, Revan was Revan right? But now that Revan's full memories have returned after the events of KOTOR, Revan is Revan again and not the same person he/she was during the events of KOTOR. Now, the way I see it, I viewed the Revan (Before the events of KOTOR...) as neutral. I think that he/she was no lover of the Jedi Order and was a little corrupt but he/she was not fully evil because he/she had good intentions for the galaxy. What I'm saying is, why not make Revan neutral? Have him/her return in K3 but wearing a grey-hooded robe and a new ultra-cool looking mask and get him/her to become a party member about 2/3's in the game. And you know how you have conversations with your party members, have it that your new character asks Revan about himself/herself and why he/she made all his/her choices in the past, etc...Anyone like this idea or not? I think it will make things a hell of a lot less easier and less complex.

one of difficulties the devs/designers face is, in fact, what to do with Revan and the Exile....no way either one can be the PC....killing them off early would be cheap, having them involved could crowd out the PC, etc.

that is one reason I like the idea of a "co-protagonist", a role that could be filled by Bastila, for instance. that way, when the continuity story is written in other SW media, they can tell it without referring to the video game PC.

going forward, that is the way to handle it IMO because "all SW is continuity".

and continuity loves things to be defined rather than undefined.

I think they should kill off Revan and the Exile right at the beginning.  BOOM!  They are dead and the last best chance for the Republic are dead and buried.  Deal with it.  The Republic is pretty much destroyed and galactic civilization is fragmented.  The remnants of Malak's fleet from KotOR 1 joins the Sith Empire, those who goaded the mandalorians to War prior to KotOR 1, goes in and enslave whole worlds.

Now the PC comes in... a slave on a world dominated by the Sith.

I like that idea, it's good.

Well, I don't. To play Revan and Exile over two games just to see them killed off by the plot is disappointing. I want them in the game, and I'd like them as group members too.

It shouldn't happen until late in the game, however, or the dreaded level-gap will rear it's ugly head - we don't want any more amnesic jedi, who just lost all their powers again, so I'd either let them appear only toward the end or else to let them be unplayable NPCs (or a little of both).

I would like the PC to have a choice of a master, either light or dark, either Revan or Exile(if they are back, that would be coolest methinks). PC's choices and actions decide.

Somehow I see Revan as Male DS and Exile as male LS but that depends on whats canon.

Eventually the master dies, leaving the PC as a lone Padawan and the only hope for the galaxy/republic. He/she must ultimately face the remaining master and his/her padawan.

I would like to see previous party members as bosses, facing Bastila and/or Carth if PC is DS or facing Canderous and/or HK-47 if PC is LS for example.

I would like the PC to have a choice of a master, either light or dark, either Revan or Exile(if they are back, that would be coolest methinks). PC's choices and actions decide.

Somehow I see Revan as Male DS and Exile as male LS but that depends on whats canon.

Eventually the master dies, leaving the PC as a lone Padawan and the only hope for the galaxy/republic. He/she must ultimately face the remaining master and his/her padawan.

I would like to see previous party members as bosses, facing Bastila and/or Carth if PC is DS or facing Canderous and/or HK-47 if PC is LS for example.

Hmm, Revan or Exile as your Master ,but then you would have to chose how they actually look like (what you self used in KOTOR 1-2) ... its a nice idea >_<

:(

IB1OsQq.png