KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

She was colder than the ice cubes in my freezer.  :)

But she was an excellent character, arrogant enough to fill the purest lightsider's mind with thoughts of beheading.

As for G0-T0, I said 'Set the writers free!', not 'Put the writers on drugs!'.

Kreia was an interesting character with some excellent voice-acting behind her. She could have been less obviously evil, though. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Revan and the Exile need resolution, either via dialogue, cutscreen only, or by being in-game NPCs....the only thing they can't be is PCs. I would say cinematic (yet full VO) cutscreens only would be best.

Bastila is the only returning character that should share the spotlight with the PC.

Kind of like the Bond film "Die Another Day". Halle Berry's character wasn't exactly a "Bond girl"...she was a co-lead. That is the kind of prominence that Bastila should get.

And I'm not just saying that because I want to.....

environmental deconstruction:

playing the Obi-Wan game, I did Force Throw on a large campfire just to see what would happen....what happened is that flaming logs came flying out ...mind you, I could not even see the logs before I did that because the fire was too bright.

there was also a battle in which I sliced open a water pipe and water came gushing out...I used that to my advantage in the battle.

now that is immersion...more evironmental deconstruction would be sweet.

I kinda can't see the DS Exile basically due to the whole problem concerning the fate of the planets, since that's something that'll need to be taken into consideration concerning the canon storyline

Not really a problem, I think. Just not including Telos, Onderon and Dantooine is enough.

And the future of these planets can be brought around in some way. If one of these planets do have to come into the game some way, you could have them taken over by some superior power like the Republic, the Exchange or the Sith.

Master Vandar lives!

Guest The Architect

All I have to say is that some people have some brilliant ideas and some have some awful ones. The bottom line is, K3 can and should be made, it's not an impossibility to do this butLucasArts can do whatever they want with the KOTOR Franchise. If they want to abandon the project all together then they can and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Ok, here's what I think should be in swkotor 2:

1. I think Reven should came back, but you should not be him, he should be a party member. I also think that Bastila should have died.

2. Dantooine should stay, but there should be more to do on it.

3. Tatooine should come back, I loved that planet.

4. We should use swoops and speeders to get around huge worlds, example: Tatooine or Dantooine. You should make massive maps and be able to travel on swoop.

5. More ancient history: The reason I liked the 1st kotor game was mainly because of the Rakatans, the ancient history was very interesting and gave the story line more excitement. Maybe you could inform us more on the Rakatans?

6. You should make Corascaunt! It's the capital of the galaxy and we haven't seen it once!

7. There should be more to do with Czerka Corp!

8. Scrap the Ebon Hawk, we should be able to buy our own ship, and there should be a choice. We should also be able to upgrade it, example, extra shielding or las cannons. A good example of a new ship was that freighter that was doced on Nar Shadaa in K2. I think there was also one on Taris.

That's all from me, what do y'all think.

Oh and one more thing, when are y'all gonna start making the game???

I would like to see that KOTOR 3 take's place a 1000 years later than KOTOR 2. This way you can use a lot of new ideas and storyline and still maintain quite a distance from episode 1 (about 3000 years).

I liked the idea to create a new jedi order as a main quest, so you can explore many different world's to search for fellow jedi's. A greater world diversity would really make the game better than KOTOR 1 & 2.

But how to start the game? A Fable kinda approach meaning you start at a young age en discover you have strange feelings (ta ta! the force) just before something bad happens. After a few small quests (great way to include a tutorial) you grow and a few years later, a friend is attacked bij some alien thugs and you accidently Force-pushed one of the tugs while you try to defend your friend. Finnaly a cloacked man approaches you and your training begins (choose class, bla, bla, bla).

Edited by dml

I would like to see that KOTOR 3 take's place a 1000 years later than KOTOR 2. This way you can use a lot of new ideas and storyline and still maintain quite a distance from episode 1 (about 3000 years).

I was thinking the same thing, but what about the unfinished story of Revan, the Exile and the Fate of the entire Galaxy!?

What do you think about the exzessive dismemberment of arms and legs, almost all Star Wars movies have? You could loose, for example, one arm (casual against strong enemies) and build yourself some new mech arm with new attributes.

There also should be a good love story, like there is in all Star Wars movies. You should be able to make choices which lead you to a romance with one of your party member. Just the way it was in KotOR II. Only this time there should be a satisfying happy end.

Being able to travel *almost* from the beginning where you want, might be a good idea. I didn

There's near constant conflict in the starwars universe and somewhat advance medicine so cybernetics makes sense. Building an arm is no easy task. And buying an arm? When was the last time you had to pay for a limb? What abilities that can be added are limited and if I remember correctly have side effects and make the operation more difficult, and if the operation fail your arm is going to malfunction on you the first time you go into combat with again if I remember correctly, nasty consequences besides loosing the arm you sunk all your money into when you needed it the most. Plus there

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Ok, here's what I think should be in swkotor 2:

1. I think Reven should came back, but you should not be him, he should be a party member. I also think that Bastila should have died.

2. Dantooine should stay, but there should be more to do on it.

3. Tatooine should come back, I loved that planet.

4. We should use swoops and speeders to get around huge worlds, example: Tatooine or Dantooine. You should make massive maps and be able to travel on swoop.

5. More ancient history: The reason I liked the 1st kotor game was mainly because of the Rakatans, the ancient history was very interesting and gave the story line more excitement. Maybe you could inform us more on the Rakatans?

6. You should make Corascaunt! It's the capital of the galaxy and we haven't seen it once!

7. There should be more to do with Czerka Corp!

8. Scrap the Ebon Hawk, we should be able to buy our own ship, and there should be a choice. We should also be able to upgrade it, example, extra shielding or las cannons. A good example of a new ship was that freighter that was doced on Nar Shadaa in K2. I think there was also one on Taris.

That's all from me, what do y'all think.

Oh and one more thing, when are y'all gonna start making the game???

Umm...you mean KOTOR 3 , right? :)

...and i agree : we need the Rakatans back :)

IB1OsQq.png

Actually, there is one thing I'd like to see in K3.

Less railroading. No seriously. I want to be able to get to places multiple ways - and choose more than two ways with which to solve things. Poison the Shark/Destroy Machinary is all well and good, but... there is still only a single way to get there. And starting levels like the Endar Spire... put more choices in. At least make replays interesting. I know it'd mean more work, but I think it would be worth it.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Less railroading. No seriously. I want to be able to get to places multiple ways - and choose more than two ways with which to solve things. Poison the Shark/Destroy Machinary is all well and good, but... there is still only a single way to get there. And starting levels like the Endar Spire... put more choices in. At least make replays interesting. I know it'd mean more work, but I think it would be worth it.

Free flight in space, and landings from space to planet manually :)

IB1OsQq.png

Free flight in space, and landings from space to planet manually  :)

And the option to rain down death using the turrets, right? :D

Speaking of which - multiple turrets would be nice. Y'know, having say, one of your companions operate the other one. Or even the option to say, "I'm tired from saving planet x - hey, mission/canderous/HK/whoever you man it for a change!"

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

That would be great. But we're talking about a D&D based RPG here.

That would be great. But we're talking about a D&D based RPG here.

based , but not whole made of :)

IB1OsQq.png