KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I think I'll be a Republic Senator who happens to buy T3-M4 (and no, I won't be a Jedi)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

And (not surprisingly at all) the topic goes again to discussing Revan and the Exile and their roles in Kotor III.

And like everything else, after I played the games for so many times, my opinion is that Revan is most appropriate as a LS Male, not very uncommon. And my Exile, well I see her as a DS female. But not as a true "Sith", not in any way. Her fall to the DS was only because she wanted revenge against the Jedi Counsil who exiled her, she no longer thought the way of the Jedi was appropriate. And the republic, was it such a good orginisation? No, they never helped the outer rim worlds against a Mandalorian invasion (Cathar). No, the republic didn't deserve to win!

And to be honest, I think all the Jedi masters deserved death!

Yeah, if they survived and stripped the exile from the force it would bring doom to Telos. And if the Exile kill them herselve, she became more powerful which is good.

Enough for my rambling. More on topic, I think both the Exile and Revan should make an appearance, I don't see any problem picking a face for both characters, since, well, you have probably seen in Kotor II that there are a lot of "Exile look a likes" running around. And if you select the same face in your character selection screen, they all changed to a different face.

So, picking a face and gender for both characters, I don't think it's a problem.

Then the second, setting the alignment. Well, it can be arranged you know, it requires some additional lines and probably some more 'evil' voices, if you set one as DS (my exile will get it). But, nothing undoable.

Third is that you can select a wide range of nationalities, white / black / asian, and people will be disappointed if an asian guy talks with a british accent, right. That's probably the hardest part, still, technology wise it can still be done.

And finally, having them in your party. Well, I think it's best if they don't come into your 'party'.

I mean, all the Jedi masters had a major role in Kotor II and never made it into your party. I think it should be exactly the same for Revan and the Exile.

I think we have seen how well this could work with Yuthura Ban in Kotor I.

Any more problems with bringing in your previous characters in Kotor III? we will see.

Master Vandar lives!

And (not surprisingly at all) the topic goes again to discussing Revan and the Exile and their roles in Kotor III.

And like everything else, after I played the games for so many times, my opinion is that Revan is most appropriate as a LS Male, not very uncommon. And my Exile, well I see her as a DS female. But not as a true "Sith", not in any way. Her fall to the DS was only because she wanted revenge against the Jedi Counsil who exiled her, she no longer thought the way of the Jedi was appropriate. And the republic, was it such a good orginisation? No, they never helped the outer rim worlds against a Mandalorian invasion (Cathar). No, the republic didn't deserve to win!

And to be honest, I think all the Jedi masters deserved death!

Yeah, if they survived and stripped the exile from the force it would bring doom to Telos. And if the Exile kill them herselve, she became more powerful which is good.

Enough for my rambling. More on topic, I think both the Exile and Revan should make an appearance, I don't see any problem picking a face for both characters, since, well, you have probably seen in Kotor II that there are a lot of "Exile look a likes" running around. And if you select the same face in your character selection screen, they all changed to a different face.

So, picking a face and gender for both characters, I don't think it's a problem.

Then the second, setting the alignment. Well, it can be arranged you know, it requires some additional lines and probably some more 'evil' voices, if you set one as DS (my exile will get it). But, nothing undoable.

Third is that you can select a wide range of nationalities, white / black / asian, and people will be disappointed if an asian guy talks with a british accent, right. That's probably the hardest part, still, technology wise it can still be done.

And finally, having them in your party. Well, I think it's best if they don't come into your 'party'.

I mean, all the Jedi masters had a major role in Kotor II and never made it into your party. I think it should be exactly the same for Revan and the Exile.

I think we have seen how well this could work with Yuthura Ban in Kotor I.

Any more problems with bringing in your previous characters in Kotor III? we will see.

I kinda can't see the DS Exile basically due to the whole problem concerning the fate of the planets, since that's something that'll need to be taken into consideration concerning the canon storyline

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Whatever happens in K3, Exile and Revan need to be in there and their stories need to be resolved. Period.

The alignment and gender issues also need to be addressed in K3 for Revan and Exile, and I find the easiest way of doing that is to turn them both DS, so that they will wear masks of the Sith (Revan as Darth Revan and Exile as Darth Nihilus). If you played either Revan or Exile (or both) as DS previously, this is just where their quest for power have led them, and if you played them (either) as LS, this is the sacrifice they had to make to fight the true Sith.

Lots of problems solved that way, and it could make for an interesting plot too, methinks.

/snip

I agree with you about the amnesia - no more of it. However, I disagree with turning Revan and Exile Darkside. Why? Because it utterly defeats the point of "Revan's Redemption". It would annoy me a great deal to have gone through K1 playing LS only to have my character fall again. It would just be too much. That said, they both need their histories/futures cleared up. I don't see why there should be a problem with either of them wearing their old masks - LS or no.

No, I think that the new character should be a trainee of the jedi council put together by the Exile's companions and should take a "history" test determining what happened to Revan/Exile. :ermm:

And bring back Kreia as a force ghost. And maybe Malak too. Tormenting Malak would be fun.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

if malak came back as a force ghost i wonder what he would be like?

Dead. Very, very dead.

And even more insecure.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

if malak came back as a force ghost i wonder what he would be like?

worse than a kreia force ghost

DAWUSS

in a sense, it is unfortunate that Revan is LS because Exile HAS to be LS (and no, I'm not going to explain or defend why I believe that). Revan is much better material for DS.

But continuity Revan is LS which makes sense given that all SW protagonists are LS.

But, by having some sort of alien threat, it really doesn't matter what their alignments are as they will all be (presumably) fighting a common foe.

I agree with you about the amnesia - no more of it. However, I disagree with turning Revan and Exile Darkside. Why? Because it utterly defeats the point of "Revan's Redemption". It would annoy me a great deal to have gone through K1 playing LS only to have my character fall again. It would just be too much. That said, they both need their histories/futures cleared up. I don't see why there should be a problem with either of them wearing their old masks - LS or no.

Well, I think redeeming both Revan and Exile and bringing the back to the light could be really interesting. Perhaps this should only be possible if they are set to have been LS in K1 and K2 respectively - that way your choice in those games will have signifcance.

No, I think that the new character should be a trainee of the jedi council put together by the Exile's companions and should take a "history" test determining what happened to Revan/Exile. :ermm:

Funny - I suggested a scenario like that myself some time ago...

Edited by Jediphile

in a sense, it is unfortunate that Revan is LS because Exile HAS to be LS (and no, I'm not going to explain or defend why I believe that).  Revan is much better material for DS.

But continuity Revan is LS which makes sense given that all SW protagonists are LS.

But, by having some sort of alien threat, it really doesn't matter what their alignments are as they will all be (presumably) fighting a common foe.

In episode 3 anakin is a DS protagonist kind of...

But anyway, the fact is that there needs to be LS heroes for the republic. the republic keeps getting their butts kicked, and the jedi council keeps getting destroyed. There are so many DS force-users running arond that it is ridiculous. Revan and the Exile need to be LS to even out the odds.

The canon continuity in this series should always make the PC lightside, otherwise you are no different than the million other DS things in the Kotor universe.

In the first two games the way you are different as a DS player is, "oh, well, you are all sith, but i won't join you or even try to rule you. i will destroy you instead and be a one-man army that pwns the whole galaxy." that is lame. and it happened in both games.

solidifying who the exile and revan are and what they look like would make people mad for a bit, but they'd get used to it since they have a new PC to twist into whoever they want. to have a sane story i think some solidification needs to happen.

If someone states something stupid about what they want in K3 I call them out on it.  Call that trolling if you like but I don't see anything particularly wrong with that.  Having the player play as Revan or the Exile is STUPID.  Plain and simple.

It is stupid for the following reasons:

1)  Both Revan and Exile are Force using gods.  Revan, but the end of KotOR 1 was already 20th level and Exile was several levels above that.  Let me put this in perspective.  Darth vader is a Level 19 character.  Yoda is a 20th level character.  It would be stupid to have the player start off with a character more powerful than freaking Yoda.  GET A CLUE.

2)  The game is based on the d20 System and guess what.  There is no such thing as epic levels in freaking Star Wars.  Obsidian majorly ****ed that up in KotOR 2.  Now you might say "Then they shouldn't use d20."  Guess what, genius.  TOO FREAKING LATE.  K1 is based on d20.  K2 is based on d20.  In order to keep consistancy and continuity K3 needs to be based on d20.  Don't like, too bad.

3)  One last reason why playing Exile and Revan would be stupid is that it appears that the game is also going for a PS3 port.  Well, if the players of the PS3 console gets this game and starts with Revan and Exile they would have no freaking clue who these characters they are playing are.  They would have no frame of reference or the backstory of their character.  Now you might say "They can put that information in the manual."  HOW MANY GAMERS' DO YOU KNOW ACTUALLY READS THE MANUAL?!?!

Enough said on this topic.

Blah, blah, blah. Come back when you have something intelligent and constructive to say. :p

Yes Hades, can't you make more thought out and informed posts like Gabrielle?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Well the protagonist in K3 can be DS, but it needs to make sure that the canon ending doesn't change the course of Star Wars history

Edited by DAWUSS

DAWUSS

Funny - I suggested a scenario like that myself some time ago...

heh, GMTA :p

Give me the A-Bomb?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

But anyway, the fact is that there needs to be LS heroes for the republic. the republic keeps getting their butts kicked, and the jedi council keeps getting destroyed.

I know, it's getting beyond ridiculous now. If the main quest for a lightsider in Kotor 3 is to 'rebuild the Jedi Council', it will be hard to get motivated to care. :p I would like to see a protagonist who starts as DS, even if he has the choice to turn to the light side later. Probably better not to have Revan or the Exile as PC, though for narrative reasons mostly.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

But both of them should have direct links to the PC.

In what way?

By featuring either of them in any significant role i think it will limit the possibility of freedom.

The main PC should its own character (for once) and not some uber jedi with amnesia and its actions and story should be derived from him/her and not Revan or Exile.

But both of them should have direct links to the PC.

It would be nice to have Revan and The Exile's stories given some kind of closure, but if this takes centre stage it will ruin the game. Kotor 3 needs its own strong story. Set the writers free! :))

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)