KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :)

Please do not post if you do not have anything constructive to add. There are new members arriving all of the time - so post with respect and in a constructive nature. If you do not, I will act as though the intent is to SPAM!

I am well aware that there is no perfect solution for those who have been members for a long time and who find this ongoing discussion problematic - to say the least. I know that K3 threads are touchy items for you trollish denizens - to be specific - but do remember this may be a new topic for people who arrive in our community. So I would ... no I expect respectful treatment. If you do not want to talk about K3 - THEN DO NOT POST! Treat anyone - especially those new travellers from out Cyberway - without courtesy and hospitality makes the Big Green ornery ...

See previous threads:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

So i believe the last thread left off talking about who the Playable Character (PC) would be. Should it be a new person? Or should it be Revan or Exile. also, should Revan and Exile's genders and alignments be solidified (i.e. revan LS male, exile LS female)

I personally like the latter idea, as it would create for more romantic dynamics between Revan, Exile, Bastila, Atton/Disciple. And that is always more fun. I don't see a specific problem with having all the old NPC's back, other than that we know about their story a bunch already. However, they all have room for personality improvement, and combining Revan's crew with Exile's could be interesting :lol:

If there is to be a new PC, maybe have it be a younger jedi, perhaps forged during the mandalorian wars. This character would maybe start off trying to help Visas (and Jolee? some people wanted him to do that...) build up a new jedi council.

Now, i could easily go on with stupid ideas like the one in the previous paragraph, but:

1. if OE is indeed going to be the developer, they will not care about anything any of us suggest here unless they are crazy.

2. There is already a cornucopia of ideas such as the one i suggested, and i doubt mine is any good, just like the rest.

3. listening to mediocre ideas is rather annoying to me, and i'd imagine it is the same for everyone else. (didn't one of the regulars read through all the K3 suggestion threads? :) that earns some accolades)

anyway i am just looking at what we were talking about before and the story possibilities therein.

I am well aware that there is no perfect solution for those who have been members for a long time and who find this ongoing discussion problematic - to say the least. I know that K3 threads are touchy items for you trollish denizens - to be specific, Hades - but do remember this may be a new topic for people who arrive in our community.

fixed...

I think Malak should make a comeback in KOTOR3. Imagine the surprise as the Exile meets up with Revan, only to find out that Malak has also been at their tail all along. Only, having 5 yrs to reflect on his actions, he's realized that he's been wrong, and chooses to atone by teaming up with Revan and Exile as they go fight the True Sith, who turn out to be Time-Travelling Lizards - a previously unknown species from the Unknown Regions.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'd like to post what I'd like in K3, but since it'll probably be deleted (again) by a mod, I'll refrain, for now anyway.

Why would it get deleted? if it isn't inappropriate, Darque, then go ahead and post it :lol:

Llyranor, your mockery is appreciated by me, since i do it too sometimes :ph34r:

What? My suggestions are as valid as the "I hope you can dual-wield saberstaves" and "I want to hump Bastilla in KOTOR3!!!! :lol::) " fanboys'.

And yes, I do want to dual-wield saberstaves. That would be AWESOME.

Zooooiiik za za chooof tsssk za chuuuuuu. Imagine the animations :wacko:

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

What? My suggestions are as valid as the "I hope you can dual-wield saberstaves" and "I want to hump Bastilla in KOTOR3!!!!  :lol:  :) " fanboys'.

you know, there is a point when it explicitly becomes spam, and it is at that point that the Big Green or cohorts take action...

I think Malak should make a comeback in KOTOR3. Imagine the surprise as the Exile meets up with Revan, only to find out that Malak has also been at their tail all along. Only, having 5 yrs to reflect on his actions, he's realized that he's been wrong, and chooses to atone by teaming up with Revan and Exile as they go fight the True Sith, who turn out to be Time-Travelling Lizards - a previously unknown species from the Unknown Regions.

NOT funny <_<

IB1OsQq.png

What? My suggestions are as valid as the "I hope you can dual-wield saberstaves" and "I want to hump Bastilla in KOTOR3!!!!  :wacko:  :p " fanboys'.

you know, there is a point when it explicitly becomes spam, and it is at that point that the Big Green or cohorts take action...

Llyranor please don't spam, other do it already :)

IB1OsQq.png

This'll now sound off-topic, but will the True Sith end up sending the LS Revan and Exile into the dark side? I mean, I could see the Exile becoming, say Darth Solare after she equips the Nihilus mask....

IIRC, the mask also gives a stronger connection to the Force, and perhaps by wearing the mask and (re)uniting (pending on what theory you buy) with the spirit of Darth Nihilus, the Exile becomes someone truly powerful, perhaps powerful enough to be capable of destroying the True Sith using the Dark Side of the Force as a weapon against them.

What do you think of this idea?

I don't know about using the dark side(story restrictions) of the force. But i concur the idea of the Exile wearing the mask in K3.

True, I guess I kinda can't see the mask being associated as a lightside item....

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

A romance between Revan and the exile? You've all gone romance mad. They're both characters we defined; it would be like making love to yourself, which has its advantages of course... but still. :thumbsup:

Even if they pinned the characters down, Revan a woman and exile a man (which was the way I always saw it. Revan was devious and conniving while the Exile had deep-seated emotional problems) and fleshed out their characters I don't think that should necessarily equate romance. This isn't blind date.

Edited by Tel Aviv

A romance between Revan and the exile? You've all gone romance mad. They're both characters we defined; it would be like making love to yourself, which has its advantages of course... but still. :x

Even if they pinned the characters down, Revan a woman and exile a man (which was the way I always saw it. Revan was devious and conniving while the Exile had deep-seated emotional problems) and fleshed out their characters I don't think that should necessarily equate romance. This isn't blind date.

Hmm...Bastilla and her clone together..thats nice...thanx Tel that i now have that vision :thumbsup:

IB1OsQq.png

It seems to me that having either or both Revan and the Exile as PC is a very bad idea.

After K1 and K2, both have saved the Republic/galaxy or destroyed it. Much like Exar Kun, Freedon Nad, Ajunta Pal, they are now legends, they made their mark and their influence on the galaxy will affect the lives of whoever will come next.

The one who comes next will be the next PC. He/She will also affect the galaxy like Revan and Exile did. The next PC will be the last Knight of the Old Republic.

Unless they make K4 :thumbsup:

Hooded robes, cool sith masks.

The return of Bastila, Revan and Exile. Watch them have a three way fight who gets to have Revan (Revan being male, Exile female).

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

If someone states something stupid about what they want in K3 I call them out on it.  Call that trolling if you like but I don't see anything particularly wrong with that.  Having the player play as Revan or the Exile is STUPID.  Plain and simple.

It is stupid for the following reasons:

1)  Both Revan and Exile are Force using gods.  Revan, but the end of KotOR 1 was already 20th level and Exile was several levels above that.  Let me put this in perspective.  Darth vader is a Level 19 character.  Yoda is a 20th level character.  It would be stupid to have the player start off with a character more powerful than freaking Yoda.  GET A CLUE.

2)  The game is based on the d20 System and guess what.  There is no such thing as epic levels in freaking Star Wars.  Obsidian majorly ****ed that up in KotOR 2.  Now you might say "Then they shouldn't use d20."  Guess what, genius.  TOO FREAKING LATE.  K1 is based on d20.  K2 is based on d20.  In order to keep consistancy and continuity K3 needs to be based on d20.  Don't like, too bad.

3)  One last reason why playing Exile and Revan would be stupid is that it appears that the game is also going for a PS3 port.  Well, if the players of the PS3 console gets this game and starts with Revan and Exile they would have no freaking clue who these characters they are playing are.  They would have no frame of reference or the backstory of their character.  Now you might say "They can put that information in the manual."  HOW MANY GAMERS' DO YOU KNOW ACTUALLY READS THE MANUAL?!?!

Enough said on this topic.

The Judge has spoken!

And the Judge is right.

So... where did you read about a PS3 version?

Just keep the heck out of the thread if you can do nothing but whine, Hades. It's not like everyone already knows what your...input is going to be, duh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, if the players of the PS3 console gets this game and starts with Revan and Exile they would have no freaking clue who these characters they are playing are.  They would have no frame of reference or the backstory of their character. 

TIME TO BRING IN THE AMNESIA CLONES LOL

Whatever happens in K3, Exile and Revan need to be in there and their stories need to be resolved. Period.

But I would agree that you cannot have either of them as central characters, because half the fun of a game like KotOR is to watch your character gain levels and grow powerful. The only way to do that while continuing to play Revan or Exile is to give us yet another amnesic jedi. I doubt many of us want that.

In fact, I don't want *any* sort of amnesia in the main character in K3. It's be used twice now, so enough already. I'd much rather play a young jedi trying to make his way up in the "order" (since it's practically destroyed...)

I would like Revan and Exile as playable characters/companions in K3, but since they are so powerful, you cannot do that early in the game. Besides, finding Revan and Exile should be a quest. As a player you play not just to watch your character grow in power but also to see what has become of your old characters.

The alignment and gender issues also need to be addressed in K3 for Revan and Exile, and I find the easiest way of doing that is to turn them both DS, so that they will wear masks of the Sith (Revan as Darth Revan and Exile as Darth Nihilus). If you played either Revan or Exile (or both) as DS previously, this is just where their quest for power have led them, and if you played them (either) as LS, this is the sacrifice they had to make to fight the true Sith.

Lots of problems solved that way, and it could make for an interesting plot too, methinks.

If someone states something stupid about what they want in K3 I call them out on it.  Call that trolling if you like but I don't see anything particularly wrong with that.  Having the player play as Revan or the Exile is STUPID.  Plain and simple.

It is stupid for the following reasons:

1)  Both Revan and Exile are Force using gods.  Revan, but the end of KotOR 1 was already 20th level and Exile was several levels above that.  Let me put this in perspective.  Darth vader is a Level 19 character.  Yoda is a 20th level character.  It would be stupid to have the player start off with a character more powerful than freaking Yoda.  GET A CLUE.

2)  The game is based on the d20 System and guess what.  There is no such thing as epic levels in freaking Star Wars.  Obsidian majorly ****ed that up in KotOR 2.  Now you might say "Then they shouldn't use d20."  Guess what, genius.  TOO FREAKING LATE.  K1 is based on d20.  K2 is based on d20.  In order to keep consistancy and continuity K3 needs to be based on d20.  Don't like, too bad.

3)  One last reason why playing Exile and Revan would be stupid is that it appears that the game is also going for a PS3 port.  Well, if the players of the PS3 console gets this game and starts with Revan and Exile they would have no freaking clue who these characters they are playing are.  They would have no frame of reference or the backstory of their character.  Now you might say "They can put that information in the manual."  HOW MANY GAMERS' DO YOU KNOW ACTUALLY READS THE MANUAL?!?!

Enough said on this topic.

This day will long be remembered. For once, I agree with you.

Master Vandar lives!

It's funny, because he gets all defensive if you ever call him on anything :ermm:

He's the one living in a bizarro static universe.

The funny thing is, is that in his own words, going past level 20 with non-epic rules is more balanced. I could go on, but he'll probably just say "who gives a smeg?" or something silly like that.

Edited by alanschu

That is one of the major faults of the KotOR series.  The first game was great but left no room for a sequel where we could use the same character.  They made the same mistake in KotOR 2.  You would think Obsidian would know better.  Now people are clamouring for a KotOR 3 dealing with Revan and Exile with no feasible and balanced way for those characters to be used.

They need to just drop the KotOR francihse and leave it as it is and start fresh with a new Star Wars CRPG and design the series from the very beginning to be a trilogy.

Not many RPGs have a returning PC in them. Baldur's Gate is one of them and I guess you could do it with NWN HotU.

On consoles it's more frequent, like with Grandia, Dark Cloud or Zelda(which is more action/adventure than RPG).

I don't think it was a mistake in either KOTORs. For every gamer who wants to replay as a certain character, there is another who prefer a brand new PC. Also, I find it more interesting to build the history of the KOTOR universe following another. The passing of the torch if you will, from one Knight of the Old Republic to the next.

I really hope they make use of a new PC, with only references to Revan and the Exile in this speculatory(is that a word?) K3. They could restrict the gender though. if they want.

Hey, what if Revan and the Exile are the same person? :ermm: