Bao-Dur

Okay, I'm playing through KOTOR2 for god knows what time, and I have a small question.

Can Bao-Dur be made Force Sensitive, and if so, how do I go about it? I think I just have to get influence with him. I've never been able to do this before. Help is appreciated.

Best way to do this is to either get an influence guide, and/or to walk around with him at all times. You can't gain influence with him just through talking, and if I'm not mistaken, you have to gain influence with him five times before he'll agree to switch. (You will discover that you have enough influence when another conversation option pops up when you talk to him.)

And yes, it's pretty difficult to do unless you're light side. But then, much like with the Handmaiden, it can be done... You might have to bite the bullet and do a few light side things, though. (Or, alternately, you can apparently lose ALL influence with him and he'll turn as well... however, he'll be opposite you on the light side/dark side scale. I've never tried it myself, but that's what I'm told.) I can think of two spots where you can gain influence with him without doing anything light or dark side, but the rest I do believe are all through light side acts.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I can turn him in two bumps. Go to Dantoinee first, carry him to the old milita guy, he has something to say. Then go in the cave, pick up the sensors, and he pops off again. (awareness check here) ask him to crack them open and look inside, then thank him. Go outside with him, back to the old milita guy, (don't have Kriea, you'll lose influence with her, and she'll sponge the influence) and discuss the innards of the sensors, then take the original agreed price anyway. He'll compliment you, and you can get a HUGE inflence bump from that convo. Bing bam boom, two influence bumps, and yet enough to make him Jedi.

Edited by SSgtSniper

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

You probably also gained influence with him when he first rejoined your party on the Telos Academy.

As for the Dantooine stuff, I also did that, but that was never enough to turn him into a Jedi. More influence was needed.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I've done exactly that on Dantooine and he didn't turn to Jedi, too...and I do the influence bit in the Acad. It always took one more, which I usually did on Dxun's first run. Maybe I missed something in all those Dantoonie ones.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I always have a hard time getting him to become a Jedi and influence him. He doesn't seem to be the type who is easy to please.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

"Making someone Force-sensitive" is nonsense. People are Force-sensitive or not. One can be cut off from the Force (although only the Jedi Council has the power to do so, and uses it very, very sparingly), but one cannot be imbued with the Force.

Quickest, and easiest way:

Be nice to him while you're on Telos. Tell him it wasn't his fault when you rescue him from the prison in the Academy.

Go to Nar Shaada first. Help the man being harassed by the two Exchange thugs (the one closest to the Ebon Hawk), and be nice to that man, and you may get some influence here.

Go to the north side of the Refugee Landing Pad area (just south of the docks), and help the man being harssed by the other two Exchange thugs. You'll get some points for helping the man, as Bao-Dur will comment on this. Then talk to the man, and be nice to him. You'll have enough influence points now, to make him a Jedi Guardian. He's the easiest to convert, and quickest.

"Making someone Force-sensitive" is nonsense. People are Force-sensitive or not. One can be cut off from the Force (although only the Jedi Council has the power to do so, and uses it very, very sparingly), but one cannot be imbued with the Force.

Right you are...and forget about that 'midiclorian' nonsense :ermm:

IB1OsQq.png

Atton is easy to Jedify after you meet those people he knows from his past in the Refugee Sector.

Even on Nar Shaddaa I can not get Mira to warm up to me, only after I leave the bloody planet do I get enough influence to Jedify her.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Even on Nar Shaddaa I can not get Mira to warm up to me, only after I leave the bloody planet do I get enough influence to Jedify her.

You can go through almost the entire process on the Ebon Hawk on Nar Shaddaa, but it has to be after the main plot of the planet is finished, then you take her to the magic place and instant jedification occurs. She's easy to do, but only once you gain proper control of her as a party member. I think awareness skill or intelligence may be a factor, but you can gain enough influence in the first conversation.

Bao-Dur and Disciple are probably the simplest to jedify (dialogue only), but you do need to plan early to get enough influence. Of course, it's easier if you're DS and are happy to lose enough influence for jedification.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

You're right, I didn't mean Bao-Dur and Disciple. :"> What in the world did I write? I think I need to get more sleep.

I meant Mira is the simplest because it's almost entirely through dialogue, and Bao-Dur is difficult because it's entirely triggered by situations you encounter. On the other hand, he seemed to need fewer influence boosts than the others, though that was just an impression and I never actually counted them.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

First off, I thin kthe very idea of techi Bao-Dur becomeing a jedi is just plane dumb. But I have never had trouble with him. I just get alot of influence (2 on Dantooine) and once on Nar Shadda, then bam! I have a weak, **** wad jedi with horns and a fairy's voice!

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!