How do you play the voice files off of the game? my computer opens them with musicmatch jukebox, but never plays them. someone said that you have to change them from wav. files to mp3 files, but i dont know how to. advice would be welcome.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

First off all you need WinAmp.

Then you indeed need to change all of them to *.mp3

The hard way is to do this all manually ofcourse

The easy way is to copy all the files in a seperate map (NO submaps) and use the Dos-Box commands... (also see my link about changing the music files to playable ones)

Make sure that when you do change the files from .wav to .mp3, it's on COPIES of the original and not on the originals themselves, otherwise you might be pretty disappointed next time you want to play the game.

If you want the mp3s to be compatible with players other than Winamp, get the dBpowerAMP Music Converter (this file here), and simply re-convert all the mp3s into mp3s again. Doing this will stabilize the fluctuating bitrates, and you will be able to play them on Windows Media Player and the likes after.

Edited by Silvershadow

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Okay I must be unconstitutionally retarded because I've done everything including renaming the files from .wav to .mp3 and tryed to play them on Winamp and it didn't work. :thumbsup: Any more tips Chewwie the cookie? :)

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

I found a way to listen to voice files from the game with the help of the KotOR Tool some time ago, but I forgot how I did it. :"> I found the sound files and played them with Microsoft Media Player.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I've renamed them and checked (they definately are .mp3's) and tryed to play it in Winamp but all I get is a 1-second blip of static. Don't know hopw much more technical I can get...

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

Well, you can just copy the Voice maps to some other place (like C:\) but since the Dos-box ignores sub-maps in a map that'll be alot of extra work (that would be like using MILES to make them all *.wav's that can be played in WMP). So instead of that make a new map on C:\ (to make it easy kotor2voices) and dump (copy) all the files in there without the having of sub-maps...

Then load up Dosbox, follow all instructions and all the voicefiles can be read by WinAmp.

Understand?