Muslim anger towards Scandinavia...

Lucius

Linky.

I wonder if the boycott includes them not getting financial aid from us, and perhaps that they will boycott themselves from immigrating to my country from now on? :lol:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I doubt it. Just watch as your own government backstabs you and starts offering hugs and kisses to the muslims, with free passports.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

That's an interesting read there, Lucius... oddly enough, I consider BBC News a much more reliable source of information and had a look there... I was particularly interested in the last sentence in one the articles there:

"We believe, like the rest of Danish society, in the respect of freedom of religion."
Article

That's nice, isn't it? :)

It's a shame I stumbled across another article that contained this sentence:

In January, Denmark's Supreme Court ruled that a supermarket chain had the right to fire a young Muslim woman for wearing an Islamic headscarf to work.
Article

Please explain to me if I'm wrong or mistaken (hell, I know I can be a little silly sometimes :"> ), but is that not a tad hypocritical? :lol:

Regardless, I do think that the muslim extremists who acted out in the European Union office were totally wrong to do so, but to associate these extremists with the vast majority of peace-loving immigrants in your country is wrong... it would be equally wrong for me to start considering every Dane I ever met or came across as a hypocrite, wouldn't it? :)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

It's become a cause the jour for primitives to score a few cheap political points with. Ludicrous, just ludicrous.

The original article was about the top ten predjudices we subject muslims to in Denark. A satirical piece.

It had this comic where 10 terrorists are waiting to enter paradise and Muhamed goes. "sorry you are just going to have to wait, we are all out of virgins" :D

Religious types don't seem to have much room for humor at their expense. That much is universal. The reaction though is stupendous. The artists were subjected to death threats, and Danish export companies have their wares withdrawn from shops across the middle east.

Jesus.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Some people would say... that religious fanatics suffer from a severely underdeveloped sense of humor :lol:

This incident made me recall last years fuss when the greek state tried to have a Swiss comic artist extradited so they could imprison him for blashpemy. A blasphemy that consisted of having drawn Jesus on a surfboard.

and we have the whole Salman Rushdie deal... but thats really too insane to joke about. There is now a 3 million dollar bounty waiting in Iran for any faithful muslim who busts a cap in Rushdies behind.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

and we have the whole Salman Rushdie deal... but thats really too insane to joke about.

ha, I just looked that up on wiki. Sick, and pretty sad.

for those of you who don't know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_Rushdie

scroll down to 'The Satanic Verses controversy'.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Linky.

I wonder if the boycott includes them not getting financial aid from us, and perhaps that they will boycott themselves from immigrating to my country from now on?  :thumbsup:

Thats very unfair. They get all angry at your country for showing funny pictures of their prophet, yet we do nothing about them trying to exterminate us(non-muslims) for being demons in their eyes.

I'm going to doodle a prophet right now! Let the crusade begin!

Linky.

I wonder if the boycott includes them not getting financial aid from us, and perhaps that they will boycott themselves from immigrating to my country from now on?  :o

Thats very unfair. They get all angry at your country for showing funny pictures of their prophet, yet we do nothing about them trying to exterminate us(non-muslims) for being demons in their eyes.

:thumbsup:

Media... proud bitch of religious propanganda :(

Linky.

I wonder if the boycott includes them not getting financial aid from us, and perhaps that they will boycott themselves from immigrating to my country from now on?  :o

It is spelled B-I-A-T-C-H.

Media... proud bitch of religious propanganda :(

Yeh, those funky danes. :thumbsup:

Pardon me for asking, but how's the amount neo-nazis in your fair country Lucius, Rosbjerg? As far as I understand, it's pretty horrible in Sweden(correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm interested how's it in Denmark.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Linky.

I wonder if the boycott includes them not getting financial aid from us, and perhaps that they will boycott themselves from immigrating to my country from now on?  :lol:

It is spelled B-I-A-T-C-H.

Media... proud bitch of religious propanganda :thumbsup:

Please don't "fix" my posts... I find it rude... plus, I am aware of the correct and incorrect way to spell that word

In January, Denmark's Supreme Court ruled that a supermarket chain had the right to fire a young Muslim woman for wearing an Islamic headscarf to work.
Article

Please explain to me if I'm wrong or mistaken (hell, I know I can be a little silly sometimes :"> ), but is that not a tad hypocritical? :thumbsup:

It's a private company. They have a dress code. Your religion can not force a company to change it's dress code and they are entitled to not employ you if you do not want to abide by it...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Article

Please explain to me if I'm wrong or mistaken (hell, I know I can be a little silly sometimes :"> ), but is that not a tad hypocritical? :thumbsup:

It's a private company. They have a dress code. Your religion can not force a company to change it's dress code and they are entitled to not employ you if you do not want to abide by it...

I see... that makes sense... so the whole thing about respecting people's religious freedom was a lie... ok... thanks for clearing that up for me Gorth :thumbsup:

Article

I see... that makes sense... so the whole thing about respecting people's religious freedom was a lie... ok... thanks for clearing that up for me Gorth :thumbsup:

Shouldn't people be responsible for the religion they choose and deal with the consequences?

I see... that makes sense... so the whole thing about respecting people's religious freedom was a lie... ok... thanks for clearing that up for me Gorth  :thumbsup:

Yes. A funny thing about freedom. You can't make everybody equally free for some reason. One mans freedom will invariably turn into another mans prison.

In the actual case Lucius linked to, freedom of speech (and press) was weighed higher than religious considerations (who wanted to curb the freedom of speech out of respect for the Prophet).

Nobody has found a silverbullet for the paradox of the concept of freedom yet.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeh, those funky danes. :huh:

Pardon me for asking, but how's the amount neo-nazis in your fair country Lucius, Rosbjerg? As far as I understand, it's pretty horrible in Sweden(correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm interested how's it in Denmark.

not that it's related to this topic .. but we have our share of Nazis as well, I think Sweden has a bigger problem though .. they are however keeping their heads low these days, I haven't heard anything significant about them in years..

---

I really think this whole issue is going out of hands... I understand why they are so pissed, and a boycut is a fairly mild form of protest, so I support them on that.. but threatning scandinavians and giving them 48-72 hours to leave their country or they'll be hunted out, is extreme and should be dealt with!

Our Primeminister haven't done anything significant in this matter and what good is a head of state if he hides when citizens and companies are harrased??

But it puzzles me that Denmark has suddenly, on the account of drawings, become as "bad" as America..

Fortune favors the bald.

I see... that makes sense... so the whole thing about respecting people's religious freedom was a lie... ok... thanks for clearing that up for me Gorth  :huh:

It is the company employing her, not the other way around. Company has policies and procedures. If I'm bound not to disclose the details of project I'm working at some company, does it violate my freedom of speech?

Shouldn't people be responsible for the religion they choose and deal with the consequences?

How about if people learn to respect other lifestyles instead? :huh:

As for the article, I hope the Muslims protesting are aware that their actions are hurting their cause more than helping it.

Edited by Mothman

I see... that makes sense... so the whole thing about respecting people's religious freedom was a lie... ok... thanks for clearing that up for me Gorth  :huh:

It is the company employing her, not the other way around. Company has policies and procedures. If I'm bound not to disclose the details of project I'm working at some company, does it violate my freedom of

speech?

Personally I think the courts should force companies to adopt a company headscarf as part of the uniform. Thats what they do in Britain, and everywhere else where immigrant comunities have been part of the fabric of society for a century.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The muslim world want both Denmark and Norway to apologize, no freaking chance. They obviously have no freaking clue what freedom of press or speech is... They actually want our Prime Minister to tell what a news paper can or can't print. Of course he told them to bugger off when the ambassadors wanted wanted to have a meeting with him about the subject, which I think was great. He can't nor should he by any means interfere with the freedom of speech.

As one of my friends said at work today "I want a T-shirt with one of those drawings"

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

But we all know the only ones capable of invasion is the US... think Bush will have a go at us for making fun of Islam? :huh:

DENMARK!