worst game ever played

lordodark2

that used to be quite comon in crpgs.  I used to have make sure I had bedrolls, boots, and food rations before I left town to journey in the wilderness.

The only game I knew that required you to eat food was Ultima VII which came out in '92 I believe. Super Hydlide already had this in '90.

Robinson's Requiem. Kind of a sucky game but it was a survival game.

Let me re-state that.. The only game RPG I knew that *required* you to eat food was Ultima VII which came out in '92 I believe. Super Hydlide already had this in '90.

Robinson's Requiem was a RPG/Action/Survival hybrid.

I won't argue too much about it though, I didn't play it enough.

I play King's Quest 2 even today  :)

The original or the AGD version? (That's one of my favourite games, too. =] )

I found the 'remastered' one ... for free at GamersHell :(

(I also had the original one very long time ago :) )

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Having bad sleeping habits (ie. being a computer nerd) does not mean you're a night person. Very few humans are nocturnal.

I couldn't find my link either, but it is scientifically proven that those who work on night jobs get more heart diseases, they gain more weight (metabolism slows down) and they are more prone to serious injuries (because we're not nocturnal, we make more and more serious mistakes at night).

I used to work at a newspaper printing facility, where I often worked 10 hour shifts all the night. It was our union that made sure we knew the risks involved in working nights. That way we could demand more pay :geek:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Having bad sleeping habits (ie. being a computer nerd) does not mean you're a night person. Very few humans are nocturnal.

I couldn't find my link either, but it is scientifically proven that those who work on night jobs get more heart diseases, they gain more weight (metabolism slows down) and they are more prone to serious injuries (because we're not nocturnal, we make more and more serious mistakes at night).

I used to work at a newspaper printing facility, where I often worked 10 hour shifts all the night. It was our union that made sure we knew the risks involved in working nights. That way we could demand more pay :lol:

I'm in Ninjutsu...no metabolism or any other problem, thanx :geek:

IB1OsQq.png

The problem with night workers that they have unstable sleep schedule. Even if you work at night, you still have cope with some things daytime, hence often breaking of circadian rhytms. The more irregular the sleeping schedule is, the more is health risk (The most dangerous work schedule is rotating shifts). If you are consistent in your sleeping habits, health risk lowers. But as I pointed out it is not possible in today's social setting to be a 100% night person, therefore the observation of health problems in night workers.

I have a stable schedule and don't consider having bad sleeping habits - going to sleep at 4am, getting up at 12pm when I don't have uni. I used to set myself a goal of having a 'normal' sleeping time (11pm - 7am), but after a time it goes back to 4am - 12pm, with 11pm - 1am being the peak of activity.

I have a strong feeling this is exactly the case although Diamond and others are not telling us.

I can't prove it, however, unless I physically go to where they live and monitor their lifestyles for a few weeks.

Just from common sense, I doubt it that there are many nocturnal humans (unless they're vampires).. Most people work 8-5pm and I have never heard anyone complaining that they rather have a graveyard schedule instead.

On the contrary, people can't stand to work during those hours.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

I go to bed at 9 PM and wake up at 5 AM. I'm at work from about 6:45 AM until about 4 PM. Luckily I am a morning person, but it's still very hard to get up at 5 AM. It feels like I get a ton of sleep when I wake up at 7 AM instead, and then I still have a whole day ahead. I have no clue why I'm typing this. What was the topic again?

As I said people prefer not to work graveyard shift mainly due to social reasons.

Nonsense.

People don't want to work graveyard shifts simply because they are too tired at 2, 3 am or so to be working. Most of the world sleeps at those hours. It's that simple.

I can have a 7am - 11pm schedule when I have to, mind you, but I'm not productive during morning hours. So when I let it go, my cycle shifts more into night hours.

Most people aren't extremely productive too when it is as early 7 or 8am or so but that doesn't make them night people.. That just means they are not productive in the early morning.. Usually because people still prefer to sleep at those hours...

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

Lancer, you have no idea what you're talking about. People are tired at 2am because they wake up at 7am. If I woke up at 11pm, I could work grave yard shift work too.

Studies show people are most productive in the window 2 hours after waking up and 2 hours before. It has nothing to do with the hour of the day, it has to do with the hours of the day which you have set your schedule towards.

I have worked graveyard shifts, no problem. The first few days are rough, as you try to reset your schedule, but after 2-3 days you're completely normal in terms of productivity.

Edited by Shadowstrider

Same here. I work 2 pm to 10 pm and had no trouble adjusting to a different schedule. If I had to switch to morning shift, say from 6 am to 2 pm, I could get used to it... after a year or two.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

You guys need to travel more. When you've experienced jetlag you might understand that it's not as easy as "go to bed early, get up early". Of course you can change your sleep cycle, that's not what this argument is about. Our bodies were designed for maximum effect during daylight and rest during nighttime. It has to do with hormones and metabolism, and that you can't change as easily as changing your daily/nightly routines.

It's not difficult to work graveyard shifts. Most people get used to it after a few days. Still doesn't change the fact that (for example) stress related diseases are much more common among those who've worked those shifts for several years.

You guys need to travel more. When you've experienced jetlag you might understand that it's not as easy as "go to bed early, get up early". Of course you can change your sleep cycle, that's not what this argument is about. Our bodies were designed for maximum effect during daylight and rest during nighttime. It has to do with hormones and metabolism, and that you can't change as easily as changing your daily/nightly routines.

It's not difficult to work graveyard shifts. Most people get used to it after a few days. Still doesn't change the fact that (for example) stress related diseases are much more common among those who've worked those shifts for several years.

I PM sometimes but never AM, is this short fot Advanced Message? :)

IB1OsQq.png

Jetlag has, literally, ZERO to do with the discussion. Jetlag is having to adapt suddenly to a change in the timezone which causes you to go to sleep earlier or stay awak longer for a single day. Then you suddenly resume what seems like a normal routine only to be thrust into a new one after the return trip.

Our bodies weren't "designed" to work this way. They evolved to work during the day. Also, I'm not sure where you're getting this bit about hormones and metabolism, study after study has shown that metabolic rate is not fixed, and that it adapts. You'll have to support this.

Stress related disease are also more prevailant among certain races more than others. Obviously, humans were not designed to be those races.

AM = morning. 12am (midnight) until 11:59am.

PM = night. 12pm(noon) until 11:59pm.

Edited by Shadowstrider

Jetlag has, literally, ZERO to do with the discussion. Jetlag is having to adapt suddenly to a change in the timezone which causes you to go to sleep earlier or stay awak longer for a single day. Then you suddenly resume what seems like a normal routine only to be thrust into a new one after the return trip.

Our bodies weren't "designed" to work this way. They evolved to work during the day. Also, I'm not sure where you're getting this bit about hormones and metabolism, study after study has shown that metabolic rate is not fixed, and that it adapts. You'll have to support this.

Stress related disease are also more prevailant among certain races more than others. Obviously, humans were not designed to be those races.

PM = night. 12pm(noon) until 11:59pm.

oh ..thanks :"> I should have known this..i think i had, just have it forgotten :D

IB1OsQq.png

PM = night.  12pm(noon) until 11:59pm.

oh ..thanks :"> I should have known this..i think i had, just have it forgotten :D

Bonus T.O.M.B.S. points if you can tell what AM and PM stands for without looking it up :cool:

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Jetlag has, literally, ZERO to do with the discussion.  Jetlag is having to adapt suddenly to a change in the timezone which causes you to go to sleep earlier or stay awak longer for a single day.  Then you suddenly resume what seems like a normal routine only to be thrust into a new one after the return trip.

You write that jetlag is having to adapt to a different timezone.. and the difference between that and having to change from a dayjob to a graveyard shift is..?

Nevermind, look up "night shift research" or something similar on google, and you'll find out how humans are constructed. This discussion is off topic, totally pointless (with arguments like, "I work nightshift and I am fine and therefore you are wrong") and boring anyhow.

PM = night.  12pm(noon) until 11:59pm.

Bonus T.O.M.B.S. points if you can tell what AM and PM stands for without looking it up :cool:

Whats a T.O.M.B.S. point? :devil:

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Lancer, you have no idea what you're talking about.  People are tired at 2am because they wake up at 7am.  If I woke up at 11pm, I could work grave yard shift work too.

No Shadowstrider.. YOU are the one who doesn't have a dang clue what you are talking about. My own dad works graveyard and has been doing it for 30+ years and has NEVER gotten used to it. He's had sleeping problems for the longest time and could only wish to have a normal schedule.

Studies show people are most productive in the window 2 hours after waking up and 2 hours before.  It has nothing to do with the hour of the day, it has to do with the hours of the day which you have set your schedule towards.

Show me these studies and what were the conditions.

I have worked graveyard shifts, no problem.  The first few days are rough, as you try to reset your schedule, but after 2-3 days you're completely normal in terms of productivity.

Sure you have. I have worked for the USPS and none of my co-workers who worked graveyard like it. Nor did I. Maybe some 20 year old kid with no other responsibilities including scholastic ones can do it but if you have family and kids and other responsibilities you wouldn't like graveyard either.

When you have kids and a family and bills to pay, tell me again if you can do graveyard NO PROBLEM.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

Regardless, the majority of the world (Earth, our blue pearl) revolves around a daytime schedule of approximate 8-5pm with few exceptions. School is during the day and most activities and businesses are open during the day.That is no surprise. It is done for a reason.

So unless you work in one of those few night jobs I suggest getting used to reality.

image002.gifLancer