worst game ever played

lordodark2

omg lez agrue oppnons!!!!111

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Grand Theft Auto 3 & Vice City: Same game, overhyped, overrated, ugly, shaky controls, bad camera. Violence is not enough to make a great game. but I did like the muci options... on PC!

Oh No! Jack Thompson has invaded the Thread!

Anyways... on the comments;

Same game; ? :- Same game as what other? GTA3 was a major step forward in the gaming world

Overhyped; Not as much as SA, and far better (don't get me wrong, SA was amazing, but it was getting a bit stale after 3 & VC

Overrated; Nope

Ugly; GTA III, yeah, but what do you think if you have to animate a fully living world, for about the first time in gaming history. And it was back in 2002 too, so no Doom3, UE3, F.E.A.R engines

Shaky controls; Played both on PC and the default sucks alot, but if you change all of them to your desire the control is da best...

Camera; Never noticed a lot of camera trouble. Just keep the camera behind you and you are fixed for everything. SA's camera is alot more annoying with it's turn around features and such

omg lez agrue oppnons!!!!111

Wow. The one and only unintelligable language. Translation plz?

I'm FAR from being a Jack Thompson clone. And thank you for linking GTA and video games to his name. We really need that. Thats another thread however.

GTA3 and GTA:VA are the same game, with added vehicles. Story is irrelevant in these games imo(except SA, which I loved). SA has more varied gameplay with some pretty cool RPG elements. It looks slightly better too because of the new tech. Slightly.

Oh and I'm no noob so i am quite aware that you can't put DOOM3 grfx in a game built like GTA. However, Scrapland is huge and the grfx are MUCH better than GTA's.

Controls were shaky. I'm not saying they were horrible, but most reviewers were fond of the controls. Driving/walking around was ok but when it was time to shoot or as soon as the PC gets into tight corners the camera goes nuts.

I was expecting a much better game but both GTA3 and VC were HUGE disapointments.

To me :)

Trans: Alright! Let's argue about opinions!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

But Vice City has 80's music! Actually I think VC was worth it just for the motorcycles.

GTA3 led the way though. Scrapland was not out before it. The PC version was out much later than the PS2 version, but honestly, it was the first of its kind on the consoles. It's less remarkable on the PC just because PC games already had games with the freedom.

Oh and I'm no noob so i am quite aware that you can't put DOOM3 grfx in a game built like GTA. However, Scrapland is huge and the grfx are MUCH better than GTA's

Except Scrapland was released 18 months after Vice City, and over 3 years after the original GTA 3. As someone that allegedly works in the game industry, I figured you'd recognize that graphical improvements always come with time.

To hold them to the same standards for graphics is well...stupid.

Oh and I'm no noob so i am quite aware that you can't put DOOM3 grfx in a game built like GTA. However, Scrapland is huge and the grfx are MUCH better than GTA's

Except Scrapland was released 18 months after Vice City, and over 3 years after the original GTA 3. As someone that allegedly works in the game industry, I figured you'd recognize that graphical improvements always come with time.

To hold them to the same standards for graphics is well...stupid.

I'm burnin'!

The ''Interesting'' part was that I didn't specify that I was talking about GTA3. I wrote Alanshu about GTA grfx vs. GTA3 grfx instead of GTA3 grfx vs. GTA VC grfx.

To stay on topic : I really didn't like GTA VC. Same game as GTA3 (yes, I know, it change the face of video gaming, bla, bla, bla) with motorcycles. For 60$. Rip off.

I haven't played Vice City, but it sounded like it was even more interactive than GTA 3. In that you could actually buy real estate and run nightclubs and all sorts of other stuff. Most people I know that have played both seemed to think that Vice City was a much better game.

Meh.

Vice City was probably the best of them so far, storywise. My favourite is San Andreas though, as you can swim, customize your character (Notorious BIG lives again!!) travel seamlessly between three major cities and find as many mini games and special features that you can count. One of the best games I've ever played, regardless of platform.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I haven't tried Vice City nor San Andreas because I sucked ass at GTA 3 :D

Though to be honest the thing I loved most about the first to GTA games was the intense and goofy multiplayer.

I know someone made a multiplayer mod for GTA 3, but my friend said the second someone survived a rocket launcher blast he just quit the server and never went back.

GTA1 & 2 MP was hilarious.

Yeah, I have to agree that Vice City's the best. San Andreas has cool stuff like swimming and eating, but it just doesn't have the same atmosphere as Vice City did. Then again, I liked the 80s more than the early 90s.

Yeah, I have to agree that Vice City's the best.  San Andreas has cool stuff like swimming and eating, but it just doesn't have the same atmosphere as Vice City did. Then again, I liked the 80s more than the early 90s.

Agreed on all points in the post. And VC has been improved quite abit above 3, especially seeing it is made in a Single Year...

-Improved graphics (specifically for PC; also more stable)

-Better storyline

-Improved amount of mini-games (arena, pizza etc.)

-Better (licensed) music

-Bikes

-"Dressing up!"

-A city that feels alot more like a city

-Etc. etc. etc.

EDIT: As for other Genesis RPGs-- For JRPGS, Shining Force and Phantasy Star were the main ones (Don't forget Shining in the Darkness!). However, there were quite a few quality PC-style RPGS that were neglected by the JRPG community such as:

Warriors of the Eternal Sun, Shadowrun, Buck Rogers, Sword of Vermillion, and Super Hydlide were among the good PC-style RPGs on the Genesis.

Super Hydlide used to be my all time favourite game! :D

Talk about taking a trip down nostalgia lane...

I still to this day enjoy Super Hydlide. It incorporated many "realistic" touches that were unheard of in RPGs back then... It had realism that is strangely lacking even in modern RPGs such as:

1)Having to eat by a certain time or if you go without eating for too long, you start to starve and lose life.

2)After say 10pm or so, your character starts to tire and his attacks become less effective. After midnight, the character's attacks become completely ineffective due to exhaustion.

3) The option to have a checkbook and open bank accounts.. :- The ability to withdraw and deposit money and watch it accrue interest over time. COOL :o

I also loved how if you were too encumbered you would walk slower.. And I loved how it kept track of time and lighting conditions would change to reflect day, night, and afternoon...I loved the surreal fantasy world that just felt so real at the same time. The music was very good too.

Talking about it makes me want to play it through again. Super Hydlide was just pure fun despite the awful graphics.

It was probably my first RPG and as such was probably the game that hooked me to them. I was just at awe at the whole RPG concept when I first played that game. It was my favorite one on the Genesis for a long time.

To this day I consider it one of the top 2 or 3 best Genesis RPGs.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

1)Having to eat by a certain time or if you go without eating for too long, you start to starve and lose life.

that used to be quite comon in crpgs. I used to have make sure I had bedrolls, boots, and food rations before I left town to journey in the wilderness.

Happily common sense has prevailed and trivial realism has largely been eliminated. I mean we do without watching our party take their potty breaks, no?

2)After say 10pm or so, your character starts to tire and his attacks become less effective. After midnight, the character's attacks become completely ineffective due to exhaustion.

hardly "realistic" if you are playing a night-active character. That's more of a gamey limitation than a realisitic option.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Loved VC, great atmosphere. I think it'd be the favourite one for anyone that's lived through the 80s.

Not played through SA yet. Initial impressions, not impressed. The story is you're a 'hommie' thug? Zzzzzzzzz...

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts