worst game ever played

lordodark2

It's an RPG maybe not a traditional D&D one but it's an RPG.

Fallout is not D&D and it is an RPG. KOTOR is not D&D and it is an RPG. Vampire: Bloodlines is not D&D and it is an RPG. Ultima is not D&D and it is an RPG. Avernum is not D&D and it is an RPG....etc ad nauseum.

But Diablo isn't.

Why not?

Having stats, levels, equipment, etc. doesn't make a game an RPG.

What does it matter if it's not in any case?

What does than?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

the worst rpg i ever played has got to be morrowind i know its beeen said before but talk about a crap game

But doesn't your dislike of Morrowind (and, if I'm honest, my dislike of Sacred :angry: ) owe less to the quality of the game itself and more to the fact that it doesn't contain the things you look for in an RPG?

The true 'worst RPG ever' would probably have a pretty big consensus behind it.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

the worst rpg i ever played has got to be morrowind i know its beeen said before but talk about a crap game

But doesn't your dislike of Morrowind (and, if I'm honest, my dislike of Sacred :angry: ) owe less to the quality of the game itself and more to the fact that it doesn't contain the things you look for in an RPG?

well what i dislike is the fighting system, dialouge options, unable to kill people that easily, so called free roam( and trust me the amount of times ive got lost is not funny) and of course the storyline

well what i dislike is the fighting system, dialouge options, unable to kill people that easily, so called free roam( and trust me the amount of times ive got lost is not funny) and of course the storyline

You need Doom then

IB1OsQq.png

The game came with a map, learn to use it.

:thumbsup:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

The game came with a map, learn to use it.

But what if you're not good with maps? :blink:

Then how do you get anywhere? :thumbsup:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

I enjoyed getting lost in Morrowind. Some places were hard to find, and some paths were hard to follow - I haven't played that many games that are big enough, or designed with enough care, that you can really get lost in them. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I enjoyed getting lost in Morrowind.  Some places were hard to find, and some paths were hard to follow - I haven't played that many games that are big enough, or designed with enough care, that you can really get lost in them. :thumbsup:

i have to agree with you it had alot of time spent on it but with the lack of a strong story it means nearly nothing

Drive until I reach my destination, I hope.

Must be murder on your bank account...all that wasted gas...ending up in the Bronx when you were headed to L.A....that sort of thing. :thumbsup:

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

If I can get lost in a gameworld, that's a big plus for that game! I love massive maps, although they still have to be interesting, varied and worth their while. Morrowind failed those three criterias. Gothic & Gothic 2 and GTA: San Andreas are some examples of games with fantastic gameworlds.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I enjoyed getting lost in Morrowind.  Some places were hard to find, and some paths were hard to follow - I haven't played that many games that are big enough, or designed with enough care, that you can really get lost in them. :thumbsup:

boots of blinding speed and a belt of perma-flight means never getting lost and never taking the slow route again :blink:

You can cross the island in about 3 minutes ^_^