worst game ever played

lordodark2

Virtual Valerie, or something.

*cough* I have no idea what kind of game you

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Diablo is a wonderful hack n slash RPG. One of my favorites.

World of Warcrap sucks.

Where are the wonderful parts?

Every part. :shifty:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Diablo wasn't meant to be a roleplaying game anyway. As a roguelike it's a subgenre of RPG at best, but a different kind of game. I don't think it's accurate to judge Diablo on something it isn't.

Edited by Role-Player

I haven't played any really buggy games... but the worst game I've ever played is Star Wars Rebellion.

well... either that or real life.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's all personal preference though. Myself, I don't find hack and slash particularly engaging; thusly I found both Diablo and Diablo II to be tedious. That said, they're certainly not bad games, simply... overrated or not to my tastes.

I personally took a great dislike to Dreamweb though, possibly one of the least rewarding games I've ever played. I' not sure if it would qualify as my worst game though, even Dreamweb had its moments.

Diablo is a wonderful hack n slash RPG. One of my favorites.

hack and slash RPG?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Given that RPGs are an evolution of the Strat game... no, it's not.

The operative word is "evolution" and according to dictionary.com :

"A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form"

Many believe humans are evolved from monkeys. Yet we are not monkeys. And in almost every possible way we are "better" and more intelligent than monkeys.

The same way humans are not monkeys is the same way that RPGs aren't wargames or strategy games. Although they have evolved from those games doesn't mean RPGs are wargames. RPGs are a different breed altogether and a better one too.

So the take-home message is this:

Leave the pure hack and slash to the strat games, and leave the REAL roleplaying to the RPGs.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

Diablo wasn't meant to be a roleplaying game anyway. As a roguelike it's a subgenre of RPG at best, but a different kind of game. I don't think it's accurate to judge Diablo on something it isn't.

The problem is that the market labels Diablo as an RPG. Which I agree is just plain wrong.

That was the essence of my pointing out that calling Diablo a hack and slash RPG was an oxymoron. At best Diablo is an action game with strong strategy elements but not an RPG.

People also want to label it an RPG because it takes place in a fantasy setting... :blink:

lol

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

It's an RPG maybe not a traditional D&D one but it's an RPG.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

But it also has experience, levels, stats, skills, classes, and equipment.  Seems enough like an RPG to me.  And even if it's not, it doesn't bother me.  It's a good game on its own.

There are strategy games I have played with those elements. Check out the old game PC game "Stronghold" or "Warsong" on the Genesis. Yet they are still not RPGs.

Whether it is a good game or not is subjective. But an RPG, Diablo is not.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

But it also has experience, levels, stats, skills, classes, and equipment.  Seems enough like an RPG to me.

None of which actually qualify it as an RPG. They are staples in the genre, but not genre-defining.

Common misconception.

Sports games have stats and skills. Some even have classes and equipment.

And even if it's not, it doesn't bother me.  It's a good game on its own.

Meh - It is an alright game. Nothing really groundbreaking, aside from the multiplayer aspects.

Fallout is not D&D and it is an RPG. KOTOR is not D&D and it is an RPG. Vampire: Bloodlines is not D&D and it is an RPG. Ultima is not D&D and it is an RPG. Avernum is not D&D and it is an RPG....etc ad nauseum.

But Diablo isn't.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

Fallout is not D&D and it is an RPG. KOTOR is not D&D and it is an RPG. Vampire: Bloodlines is not D&D and it is an RPG. Ultima is not D&D and it is an RPG. Avernum is not D&D and it is an RPG....etc ad nauseum.

But Diablo isn't.

I love the game...but gotta admit, he's right on this.

- Everlast

But Diablo isn't.

Why not?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf