reason of the War

the Disciple says that the Mandalorians did not decide to attack for the sake of conquest but they had no choice. Im thinking the true Sith somehow force the Mandalorians to attack the Republic so it would be weaker for them to take over and bring the power of the dark side to the Galaxy

hi.

Well, from what I remember, it was the Sith who told the Mandaloreans to attack, but I think this "True Sith" was made up by Obsidian, so it woulnd't have been them that told the Mandaloreans to attack.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

And Mandalore mentions that the True Sith came with a deal they couldn't refuse

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Maybe the Sith at the Dxun Tomb are these "True Sith." Kreia never gave mention to them, other than that Revan went off to fight them. Both the tomb and the camp on Dxun in close proximity would resemble some sort of possible alliance between the two.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

It seems that the "true" Sith are the descendants of the ancient Sith of the Sith empire who tried to invade the republic over a thousand years before only to be have their own empire fall when Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh fought for control of the empire.

These Sith were described in the "Golden Age of the Sith" and "Fall of the Sith Empire" comic books. Naga Sadow, Ludo Kressh and Marka Ragnos were all powerful dark lords of that period, but we haven't heard anything about them since their empire fell.

Note that K2 has several references this (mainly from Kreia), such as...

"Korriban is a graveyard world of the ancient Sith Empire."

"The ancient Sith are the ones who erected the mighty statues and temples on Korriban's surface. Where Korriban's masters are now is unknown. "

"You must go where Revan did, into the Unknown Regions, where the Sith, the true Sith, wait in the dark for the great war that comes."

"It is because he remembered what lay buried here - this place, its teachings. It paved the way to Korriban, you know, the remnants here. And he came because Malachor, like Korriban, lies on the fringes of the ancient Sith Empire, where the true Sith wait for us, in the dark."

Sure sounds like a set-up for a K3 to me...

"It is because he remembered what lay buried here - this place, its teachings. It paved the way to Korriban, you know, the remnants here. And he came because Malachor, like Korriban, lies on the fringes of the ancient Sith Empire, where the true Sith wait for us, in the dark."

WOWZERS! Yeah, that is a pretty unmistakable allusion to a Sith Empire that is in no way connected to the Revan/Malak Sith.

True Sith use the "challange" of the Republic to appeal to the Mandolarins.

The True Sith wanted the Republic crush.

Yes, and it seems to me that the plot is that after a millennium, the "true" Sith are planning their revenge against the republic, which they blame for the fall of their empire. They wanted the republic weakened first, so they manipulated the Mandalorians into striking against the republic, which also caused strife inside the jedi order itself.

Guest The Architect

It's possible that K3 will take place centuries after the events of K2 and that Revan and the Exile failed in their attempt to destroy the Ancient Sith Empire so they remained secret for centuries until they reveal themselves to the galaxy.

It's possible that K3 will take place centuries after the events of K2 and that Revan and the Exile failed in their attempt to destroy the Ancient Sith Empire so they remained secret for centuries until they reveal themselves to the galaxy.

Possible, yes, but then the whole build-up during K2 would fall a bit flat, I think. It seems more likely to me that Revan and the Exile will return, though not as main characters.

Yes, the remnants of the original Sith race/empire manipulated the Mandalorians into attacking the Republic in order to weaken it. K1 and K2 agree on that point...

On another note, I was reading through the New Essential Chronology in the book store today, just to see what it had to say about KOTOR (I only have the old version) and I noticed that a certain passage had been changed.

After it describes the defeat of Exar Kun on Yavin 4 during the Sith War, there is a rather obscure passage saying that the 'remnants of the sith forces' fled to the edges of the ancient Sith empire... Interesting :thumbsup:

I don't quite understand which Sith forces these where supposed to be, but whatever :blink:

If they where just some of Kun's followers, then they where not 'true sith' any more than Freedon Nadd or Exar Kun himself <_<

Edited by Sentry

Yes, the remnants of the original Sith race/empire manipulated the Mandalorians into attacking the Republic in order to weaken it. K1 and K2 agree on that point...

On another note, I was reading through the New Essential Chronology in the book store today, just to see what it had to say about KOTOR (I only have the old version) and I noticed that a certain passage had been changed.

After it describes the defeat of Exar Kun on Yavin 4 during the Sith War, there is a rather obscure passage saying that the 'remnants of the sith forces' fled to the edges of the ancient Sith empire... Interesting  :thumbsup:

I don't quite understand which Sith forces these where supposed to be, but whatever  :blink:

If they where just some of Kun's followers, then they where not 'true sith' any more than Freedon Nadd or Exar Kun himself  <_<

I think the point here is that while Exar Kun and his followers were not "true Sith", they did have a connection to them due to Exar Kun's association with the legacies/spiritis of Freedon Nadd and Naga Sadow during his rise to Dark Lord.

After it describes the defeat of Exar Kun on Yavin 4 during the Sith War, there is a rather obscure passage saying that the 'remnants of the sith forces' fled to the edges of the ancient Sith empire... Interesting  :wub:

I don't quite understand which Sith forces these where supposed to be, but whatever  :lol:

If they where just some of Kun's followers, then they where not 'true sith' any more than Freedon Nadd or Exar Kun himself  <_<

I think the point here is that while Exar Kun and his followers were not "true Sith", they did have a connection to them due to Exar Kun's association with the legacies/spiritis of Freedon Nadd and Naga Sadow during his rise to Dark Lord.

It is interesting that they added that passage though. The only reason I can see why they would have done it is to create room for a nemisis for KOTOR3 :D

Though judging from the sparse (and just plain incorrect) TSL entries within the New Essential Chronology, I think the new version of the book must have been written while the game was still early in development.

PS:

Just to nitpick... Freedon Nadd killed Naga Sadow just before he left Yavin 4 to return to Onderon, I don't think Sadow is ever mention again after his death....

Kun actually spoke with the shades of both Freedon Nadd (on Dxun, Korriban, and Yavin 4) and Marka Ragnos (during his duel with Ulic Qel-Droma), so ya, you have a point...

Edited by Sentry

It is interesting that they added that passage though. The only reason I can see why they would have done it is to create room for a nemisis for KOTOR3 :D

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

Though judging from the sparse (and just plain incorrect) TSL entries within the New Essential Chronology, I think the new version of the book must have been written while the game was still early in development.

PS:

Just to nitpick... Freedon Nadd killed Naga Sadow just before he left Yavin 4 to return to Onderon, I don't think Sadow is ever mention again after his death....

Kun actually spoke with the shades of both Freedon Nadd (on Dxun, Korriban, and Yavin 4) and Marka Ragnos (during his duel with Ulic Qel-Droma), so ya, you have a point...

The whole deal with the Nadd/Sadow confrontation still seems a bit hazy to me, but yes, Sadow was certainly long since dead at the time of Exar Kun (it was a millennium later, after all), but that's still Sadow's temple and Sadow's servants Exar Kun has to deal with to gain the title of Dark Lord.

PS: To those who don't know what we're talking about, this is all from the Tales of the Jedi: The Dark Lords of the Sith comic books.

The whole deal with the Nadd/Sadow confrontation still seems a bit hazy to me, but yes, Sadow was certainly long since dead at the time of Exar Kun (it was a millennium later, after all), but that's still Sadow's temple and Sadow's servants Exar Kun has to deal with to gain the title of Dark Lord.

Ya, the early version of the Essential guide, as well as, LucasArt's 'Chronicles' state that the fate of Sadow is "unknown".

BUT, I thought he would make a really cool bad guy for KOTOR:3, so I looked him up in the new version of the guide. Unfortunately it definitely says that he was killed by Nadd.

Of course, their is enough ambiguity in the source material (ie. the comics) that this could probably be changed by a game developer who asked LucasArts very nicely :wub:

Maybe the Sith at the Dxun Tomb are these "True Sith." Kreia never gave mention to them, other than that Revan went off to fight them. Both the tomb and the camp on Dxun in close proximity would resemble some sort of possible alliance between the two.

Those Sith in the temple on Dxun were trying to resseruct Freedon Nadd through sacrificing one of their own Dark Jedi. The energy realeased would get the

mida-chlorians in his mummy moving again and the dark side would fuel him and they would use his knowledge to destroy both Talia and Vaklu

hi.

Just to put my two cents in, it was obviously the Sith or "True Sith" that manipulated the Mandalorians into attacking the Republic and then retreated back to their Empire. That's what Canderous told Revan. I guess they used this time to train and get ready for their own invasion when the time was right. I've been reading the NEC (New Essential Chronology) and the only conclusion I can draw from it is that these "True Sith" are the remnants of The Sith War. In the NEC it says that the Mandalorians gained strength after the Sith War but their Mandalore was killed and a new one rose up and started conquering planets and had territory that rivaled the Hutts.

I would assume that the Sith recognized the strength the Mandalorians possessed and used it to their advantage while they waited for their time to strike.

the Disciple says that the Mandalorians did not decide to attack for the sake of conquest but they had no choice. Im thinking the true Sith somehow force the Mandalorians to attack the Republic so it would be weaker for them to take over and bring the power of the dark side to the Galaxy

Weapons of mass destrution.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Just to put my two cents in, it was obviously the Sith or "True Sith" that manipulated the Mandalorians into attacking the Republic and then retreated back to their Empire. That's what Canderous told Revan. I guess they used this time to train and get ready for their own invasion when the time was right. I've been reading the NEC (New Essential Chronology) and the only conclusion I can draw from it is that these "True Sith" are the remnants of The Sith War. In the NEC it says that the Mandalorians gained strength after the Sith War but their Mandalore was killed and a new one rose up and started conquering planets and had territory that rivaled the Hutts.

I would assume that the Sith recognized the strength the Mandalorians possessed and used it to their advantage while they waited for their time to strike.

I don't quite think so. Like the war that Revan and Malak led against the republic, the Sith War (in which Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma were the Dark Lords) was a war between the jedi order and fallen jedi of the order. Clearly Exar Kun had ties to the ancient Sith, having learned some of the secrets of Naga Sadow and Marka Ragnos, but he had no Sith empire, and his forces never had any control over the old Sith worlds, such as Korriban, Malachor V, Khar Delba, or Ziost.

Since Kreia tells us that Korriban and Malachor are on the fringes of the old Sith empire, she must be referring to the empire of the ancient Sith, such as Naga Sadow, Ludo Kressh, and Marka Ragnos. They tried to invade the republic -a thousand years before the time of Exar Kun and the KotOR games, but the invasion led to defeat and the fall of their empire. This was called "the Great Hyperspace Wars" and the events are covered in the "Golden Age of the Sith" and "Fall of the Sith Empire" comic books. Look here for more information.

The "true" Sith seem to be the descendants of these ancient Sith.