Wisdom vs charisma for consulars...

Which is more important to focus your stat bonus points on for a consular build when all is said and done.

I have a feeling both are important so perhaps the answer is to use stat points to build one while using items to enhance the other and if thats the case then which one is easier to enhance with items...

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Well, Wisdom is really nessesary for the consular at first because he is physicaly weak compared to the other classes. The whole point of the consular is to rely on the force more than brute strenght. All charisma does is lower your penalties for the opposite force powers. It also allows you to talk to the ladies and persuade them to come see the Ebon Hawk!

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

Charisma also will affect my ability to influence my companions (and others perhaps) won't it? Which may be more important for my current character since he has zilch for skill points to spend on persuade. (int :thumbsup:

Will higher wisdom grant me any extra powers (like bonus spells in D&D) ?

Charisma can indirectly benefit you in other ways. Your fellow party members get a combat bonus based on your Charisma. If you want to let them do the fighting, then this certainly comes in handy. Some force powers DC rating are based on Charisma bonuses as well.

Otherwise, Wisdom is more important. WIS determines your force points, the strength of your powers (harder to resist, more damage), and if you are male, will also yield you a nice defensive bonus after you've dealt with Handmaiden appropriately.

Also, WIS affects more skills than CHR does, especially in the area of Awareness and Treat Injury. You can create some really nice items with those two skills...

How important is awareness anyway? What exactly is the benefit of spotting enemies hidden by stealth? Avoiding sneak attack damage? Is this a big issue?

Are there really items "hidden by stealth" as well that I will not "see" without decent awareness?

Awareness is also used to create many items at the workbench. The Pontite Lens for your lightsaber, for example, can be crafted if you have a total of 27 Awareness or greater (including WIS, Force Valor, and item bonuses).

There are also several non-lightsaber upgrades that are dependent on Awareness.

I would say that the bonuses you get from items are so huge that it's not terribly importance which attributes you increase when you level up. You might want to look at a faq for the personal crystal to see which attributes it affects for your chosen class or alignment, though.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think the only argument against wisdom being the more important of the two is that for most characters who use everything available to them (unlike my H2H & force power only build) you don't really NEED the extra force points. My Guardian for example had only 12 wis (base) and still of plenty of fps altho I admit that for a consular this is more important and I tend to agree that wisdom is probably the more important of the two!

I would say that the bonuses you get from items are so huge that it's not terribly importance which attributes you increase when you level up.  You might want to look at a faq for the personal crystal to see which attributes it affects for your chosen class or alignment, though.

I think that there may be some truth to that as well altho for my two most current games it will be less so becuase one is a F LS consular using blasters and force powers only and the other is a M DS consular using H2H and force powers only so none of those light saber crystal boosts will apply to either of them... (w00t)