Consular/Sith Lord hand to hand and force only?

Just got the game in Dec!

I finished the game with a str based M LS gaurdian/wm (1st run through) and found it a bit easy and I now have a dex based F DS sentinal 15/assasin 3 that just finished Korriban (after Dantooine and Nar Shadaa) and she is also barely even breaking a sweat so I thought I might put her "on hold" and create a more challenging character.

I have been fooling with a LS consular (planning for Jedi Master) that uses only force powers and blasters (no light sabers or melee) and I was thinking about a consular/sith lord that uses only hand to hand and force powers.

Is this doable? (h2h + force only)

Any suggestions for stats??

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

your allowed to use sabers use not duel or double edged

Well I think the light sabers and all the goodies you can get with them are part of the reason the game seems rather easy so I thought I'd try it without any...:(

I'd assume it's possible, but hard. You'd need to be very good at hand to hand combat and have some kickass force powers.

Yes and I am a little concerned about that becuase I don't think the hand to hand feats are choosable - you just get them automatically as you level. Obviously str based since theres no "finesse" for H2H and the "dueling" feats effect H2H as well so I started with that one.

I am trying the following build right now (16/12/14/8/14/12) to see how he looks in Peragus...

The only problem with that is you're deprived of strength bonuses that the sentinels and guardians have.

True but I'll get the wis bonus and I can use some of my bonus stat point for strength.

The H2H was amazing at the start - took out almost every droid with a single kick prior to getting Atton am about to head into the tunnels now... :wub:

At level 2 its 5-11 damage and +6 to hit...;)

I have decided its ok for me to keep a plasma torch for opening containers tho since it seems to work quicker.

I'm going to hate having almost no skills tho...:)

Well Ali Ooops made it off Peragus without much trouble - his H2H was quite effective there and he rarely took any significant damage. His lack of skills is indeed annoying and probably cost him a few exp points (he could not get the HK doid to give/record the access code).

I did learn that using the plasma torch to open doors/containers works first time almost everytime altho using it to open containers causes broken items like other bashing methods.

Hopefully once I manage to save up enough skill points to get at least a single level in each one I can use items to boost the ones I need and concentrate the rest on persuade. Its a huge switch from my Sentinel who was great at pretty much all skills.

I may get the chance to add some of the skill boosting feats since there are few combat feats worthwhile for H2H - I am taking dueling and will boost power attack and flurry - I'm not a big fan of critical strike tho and will need no additional blaster feats or weapon feats.

At level 7 hes got 6-15 damage and +12 to hit with def 19 in his spiffy miners uniform...:thumbsup:

Once I get str to 18 I will start boosting wis I think and look for items to boost cha.

peragus is boring and its not hard i still think you sould get a viro-vlade and usse it for now till our force powers or up to par

Well that would be cheating my RP... :p

In spite of the fact that Peragus is easy he still did better with H2H than my Blaster only consular did so I see that as an indication he may work out.

If I can get him off Telos using H2H he should be good to go - I'll be back with a report on that later... :huh:

I have been fooling with a LS consular (planning for Jedi Master) that uses only force powers and blasters (no light sabers or melee) and I was thinking about a consular/sith lord that uses only hand to hand and force powers.

Is this doable? (h2h + force only)

Yes. I suspect you'll miss the attributes bonuses from your personal crystal more than the offensive power of the lightsaber itself, so if you're prepared just to carry the thing around without using it, it helps. Beyond that, Force Wave will pretty much kill everything and keep the bad guys off you. I've never played it so strictly that I wouldn't use a lightsaber at all, but I've played a LS Jedi who never used DS powers and avoided the lightsaber when possible, and I don't remember it being particularly hard.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

i take it you don't know about the tank droid then

Actually I do and in my last game I sent Bao-doh against it using H2H so I guess theres no reason my PC can't do the same... :huh:

The bigger they are...well you know the rest... :lol:

i take it you don't know about the tank droid then

Actually I do and in my last game I sent Bao-doh against it using H2H so I guess theres no reason my PC can't do the same... :p

The bigger they are...well you know the rest... :p

:lol: You are two kinds of crazy...... ;)

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

Well I paid the price for my boasting - the tank droid did in fact kick our patooties the first time we faced him and as it turned out I had not saved since before we entered the hangar room which was a bit annoying... :">

We used the powerword "reload" spell and spanked him good the second time - Ali Ooops staying back a little and using force powers rather than trying to slap it around... :p

We had a little trouble with the mercenaries at the site as well and Bao-doh and Kriea had to finish off the large group on the beach after Ali Ooops bit the dust, The group at the site was a PITA as well since I wasn't paying attention and allowed the party to engage the whole lot of them right ofter we finished the first wave (running over to the ones on the far side instead of carefully only engaging one group at a time). Part of this may be due to the fact that I've turned all the auto pause features off... :huh:

We didn't fare well with the HK-50s either causing the second reload of the game. A little too full of ourselves the first time (after all we had just taken down a tank ;) - usually I shield everyone immediately then start taking them down but part of the trouble is indeed related to running up and slapping them drawing fire from all three at once and part of the trouble is the lousy robes available so far. I usually find Zeison armor on Peragus or Citadel Station but this time I did not and only have some Matukai apprentice robes that do not allow any upgrades at all so combinerd with my poor dex I only have a defense of 18 at the moment. Maybe I can snag a better robe here at Atris' playgorund before we take off.

I have always gone to Dantooine right after Atris before but since there is no reason to worry about light sabers and crystals I think we may make a different choice and head to Nar Shadaa instead. I would try Korriban but I don;t think we are quite ready for that... :x

Ali Ooops lack of skills cost some more exp on Citadel so he is only level 11 now as we entered Atris lair. It took until level 10 to get a single point in every skill (after starting off by putting 4 in Treat Injury). :lol:

All in all tho he's exceeded my expectations and I think he may have a chance to complete the game... :lol: