the Ravager

i agree. and just because im new and others have been around 4 a wile means nuthing. understood? of coares you don't because you, like all others on this are to proud.

It's easier to read if you check your spelling sometimes.

I'm not saying that everyone except you spells perfectly, but all I'm asking is that you look over what you've just written. Even though *I*'ve looked this message through, I'm sure there are a couple (or more) spelling mistakes.

On topic now:

Kotor happened like 1000 years befoure the movies, right?

That can mean that the plans for the Ravager-type ships surived, and was starting to be massproduced again, at a later date. :-

Edited by The Swedish Dark Lord III

ok first of all it 4000 year though thats not much o problem cause people make mistakes. second the leviathan didnt serve in the mandalorian wars it was build after by the star forge.

No it wasn't...the Leviathan was once a republic class vessel.

As with the other capital ships of the Sith fleet, the Leviathan was originally a Republic ship that fell into Sith hands after the Battle of Malachor V. Apparently a distant technological ancestor of the later Star Destroyers, the Leviathan was one of many similarly designed ships commissioned by the Republic for the Mandalorian Wars. The fact that the only ship to survive Malachor V and not go with Revan, the Ravager, bears a similar but not identical design to the Leviathan, indicates that the Sith's ex-Republic ships may have been modified by the Star Forge. - Star Wars Wikipedia

Edited by Wild Storm

not true. carth says that when reva and malak returned they had ships of unknown designs. in other words rakata ships

Carth also says that he remembers the layout of the Leviathan. That means he either served on the Leviathan, or served on a ship of the same class.

As I said earlier, check the cut scenes of the Ebon Hawk approaching and leaving Malachor. The wreckage of multiple Leviathan class ships is clearly evident.

Doesn't anybody pay attention to the cut scenes? In the cut scene in which the Ebon Hawk approached Malachor V and in the LS ending cut scene in which the ship left Malachor, you can plainly see the wreckage of Leviathan class ships orbiting the planet.

Unless someone is suggesting that the Rakata were involved in the battle (and they weren't)  the facts suggest that the Leviathan class ships were of Republic design, as only Republic and Mandalorian forces were involved in the battle.

In the star wars data banks, it is stated that the ship was a master peice of OLD REPUBLIC design! So that means that the Leviathan was old republic until Carath stole it. The other ships that look like it were just made in the star forge with old republic blue prints.

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

ok i checked it out and i found nuthing that saports what your saying but instead sapports me. those are parts much like the ravager.

No, they're not. The engine configuration of the Ravager is different than that of the Leviathan and other ships of it's class. That aside, the open prow of wrecked Leviathan class ships can be seen. The bow of the Ravager is nothing at all like that of the Leviathan or it's sister ships.

plus carth said that because when he was taken a board he saw most of the ship

The crew of the Ebon Hawk was taken from the bay the ship had been tractored into and taken to denention cells. They were hardly given a tour of the ship first.

Carth: "If I remember the layout of this ship our equipment should be in a storage chamber just through the north doors. After we grab our stuff we need to get to the main bridge controls.The bridge is the only place we can open the docking gates of the hangar where they've got the Ebon Hawk. "

Now, how would Carth know that the bridge is the only place from which the hangar could be opened if he hadn't served on the Leviathan or a ship of the same class? How would he know where the equipment storage for the detention level is?

The Leviathan and the Ravager are both continuity mistakes that fans (and starwars.com) have tried to rationalize... :wub:

Since the perfection of the hyperdrive, there has been a race to develop devices that counter its use. The ability to escape into faster-than-light corridors of space has long been exploited by criminals and fugitives, and for thousands of years there's been an invisible technological race between faster and smarter hyperdrive system and more powerful and effective interdictors.

Four thousand years ago, the vanguard of interdicting technology was encased in a massive Republic warship, the Leviathan. Though inefficient by modern standards, the vessel was capable of preventing the use of hyperdrives of the era by simulating the presence of planet-sized masses with its four enormous gravity-well generators.

It was a great blow to the Republic when the Leviathan's commander, Admiral Saul Karath, defected to the growing Sith forces. The pride of the Republic navy became its greatest threat. Karath filled the cavernous hangar bays with two squadrons of agile Sith fighters, which supplemented its formidable arsenal of 20 quad laser cannons, a tractor beam projector, two ion cannons and four turbolaser batteries.

In the game, it was heavily implied that ships that looked like the Leviathon where of Rakatan design, but then that annoying Carth quote cropped up and messed up the continuity. So now the Leviathan class ship is a Republic design, even though it looks nothing like any other Republic design.

<fanboy>In fact it looks like a Mon Calamari cruiser from the rebel alliance more than anything else :lol: </fanboy>

Oh, and the ravager model IS a star destroyer people. I'm not sure who made the cinematics for TSL, either Obsidian or LucasArts, but someone got lazy and decided they didn't want to take the trouble to create an original old republic ship design. Deal with it... Tis not that hard ;)

Obsidian did the same thing when they "reimagined" the Mandalorian Basalisk Droid and made it an exact replica of Prince Xizar's Virago from "Shadows of the Empire". Thats what happens when an RPG gets rushed to market before it has time to be polished... :-"

Edited by Sentry

Nah, it would be like swoop racing and you know the "quality" of swoop racing in TSL. <_<

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Yet, I find it very strange that the Leviathan, the "pride of the republic fleet" looks just like the other Sith warships and has nothing in common with the Republic ships. Perhaps all the Sith ships of that design (All we see in the game) were Republic vessels whose capitans swithched sides, but than the Republic should have some of these too.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Yet, I find it very strange that the Leviathan, the "pride of the republic fleet" looks just like the other Sith warships and has nothing in common with the Republic ships. Perhaps all the Sith ships of that design (All we see in the game) were Republic vessels whose capitans swithched sides, but than the Republic should have some of these too.

It would make a little sense, since the Republic put their best ships and much of their combined fleet under the command of Revan and Malak when they decided to go and fight the Mandalorians (don't forget that while the jedi council cast them out, the republic supported those jedi who went to war and saw them as heroes).

In that case all the best ships would have been destroyed during the Mandalorian Wars or else disappeared along with the rest of Revan and Malak's forces, and the republic is still just trying to rebuilt in K1 and even in K2.

Oh, and the ravager model IS a star destroyer people. I'm not sure who made the cinematics for TSL, either Obsidian or LucasArts, but someone got lazy and decided they didn't want to take the trouble to create an original old republic ship design. Deal with it... Tis not that hard :)

Wrong. If it is a Star Destroyer, where is the conning tower with the "domes"?

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.

The spirit of Darth Nihilus came to the Wessexes when they were asked to design the Star Destroyers...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

the thing i don't get is after 4000 years they don't really advance much is technogly

Hey. Well after all it is a long time ago in a galaxy far away so maybe either there wasn't much more to develop or the brain of a human 'long time ago' wasn't up to that much creative thinking to develop anything more quicker :wub:

Which reminds me of the distance between K1 and K2 which is 5 years (?) and they still call the damn thing a Verpine *Prototype* Shield :D