The Battlestar Galactica Thread

astr0creep

Of course it would be a trick. Its what Cylons do.

Here is the thing about Jason Todd: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Todd#Re..._from_the_Grave

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

*sigh*

is like talking to a wall.

fact that cylons don't really die means that emotional impact o' their dying is pretty much zero. kinda a good deal o' effort went into starbuck's death scene. were the first compelling bsg moment since ty kills his wife back on new caprica. oh yeah, another death scene... which woulda' been equally cheesy if they had brought ty's wife back two episodes later.

as for the resurrection o' jason todd...

HA!

exactly our point. bsg has jumped shark... is now no better than comic book's worst aspect.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Its no more contrived than anything else on television right now. Besides, I was expecting them to bring Starbuck back. She was signed up for the TV movie and season 4. The actress is also working on the re-imagining of the Bionic Woman to boot.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

"Its no more contrived than anything else on television right now."

okie dokie.

well now dallas and bsg got something in common... ain't that grand?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

future trivia question: when did the new bsg jump the shark?

answer: ______________

*shrug*

no doubt many here don't think that the show has jumped, but we suspect that after the series is over, lots o' former fans will looks back at the final episode o' this year and admit that shark were jumped. sure, the whole season post new-caprica rescue were under whelming, but we thinks that this last episode were the one that sealed bsg's fate. and those o' you fans who did not groan in anguish as they sees starbuck resurrected from seeming death should maybe be a bit ashamed.

HA! Good Fun!

It jumped the shark right when the second half of season 2 started. That's when they started to jump the timeline up ridiculous amounts of time. It started with the attack on the resurrection ship. We don't get to see much of it, they just jump straight to the end of it with Basestars blowing up. One episode Lee's a Captain. The opening of the next he's a Major. By the end of that very same episode he becomes a Commander.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

no doubt many here don't think that the show has jumped, but we suspect that after the series is over, lots o' former fans will looks back at the final episode o' this year and admit that shark were jumped. sure, the whole season post new-caprica rescue were under whelming, but we thinks that this last episode were the one that sealed bsg's fate. and those o' you fans who did not groan in anguish as they sees starbuck resurrected from seeming death should maybe be a bit ashamed.

HA! Good Fun!

Totally agree with you. I see now way for the writers to pull this off and have it be anything other than an embarrassment.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In the original Battlestar Galactica Starbuck was killed and then came back. I was kind of expecting it. I know how I would write it up but I am currious what BSG crew will do with it.

In the original Battlestar Galactica Starbuck was killed and then came back. I was kind of expecting it. I know how I would write it up but I am currious what BSG crew will do with it.

How would you write it? If it were me, they made the decision to kill off Starbuck, right or wrong. If she is not a cylon then she is out of the story except for flashbacks.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, she is back and confirmed for season 4, how ?, does it matter, Arthur Conan Doyle killed off both Sherlock Holmes and Professor Moriaty and they were none worse for the wear in the next installment. This should teach us that nothing is permanent if the character is too popular, see Superman.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

How would you write it? If it were me, they made the decision to kill off Starbuck, right or wrong. If she is not a cylon then she is out of the story except for flashbacks.

First off remember way back when she was on Caprica and the Cylons took one of her ovaries? Female egg cells and other tissue samples can be extracted from this in order to produce a clone or a Cylon. Now Starbuck may have died but that does not stop the Cylons, devious as they are, to make a simulacrum of Starbuck. A cylon model that has the physical appearance of Starbuck, and knowledge of what the Cylons could gleam from their intelligence reports on her behavior and mannerisms. This new "Starbuck" would be the replacement for the Number 3 model that they boxed.

Starbuck would still be very much dead and gone, but the Cylons would have a "Starbuck" model to mess with the Colonials and specifically the Adamas.

First off remember way back when she was on Caprica and the Cylons took one of her ovaries? Female egg cells and other tissue samples can be extracted from this in order to produce a clone or a Cylon. Now Starbuck may have died but that does not stop the Cylons, devious as they are, to make a simulacrum of Starbuck. A cylon model that has the physical appearance of Starbuck, and knowledge of what the Cylons could gleam from their intelligence reports on her behavior and mannerisms. This new "Starbuck" would be the replacement for the Number 3 model that they boxed.

Starbuck would still be very much dead and gone, but the Cylons would have a "Starbuck" model to mess with the Colonials and specifically the Adamas.

Hmmmmm. Thats pretty good Sand. :(

Thomas Sowell

Unfortunately Starbuck is tied into the annying ball-and-chain plotline to do with the pithian propecy. I just hope they don't spend too much time with that and in doing so lose sight of the fact that it is well... utterly lame.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

That is pretty good Sand.

I thought the extra cut on her abdomen was to remove the growing foetus she conceived with Baltar in order to implant it in Athena, making us believe that Hera is Helo and Sharon's baby when in fact it's Baltar's and Starbuck's. :ermm:

It is in my experience that prophecies and special destinies tend to get things wrong more often than not. Death is sometimes just death, and nothing grand becomes of it.

Edited by Sand

Confirmed: Ron Moore is retarded and BSG season 4 is going to suck - a lot.

So is that what you're aiming for with your fourth season?

It will be a serialized show to an extent. I think what we talked about with the network — because their concern is the drop-off in viewers and giving too many hurdles for new viewers to overcome to watch the show — we're always going to try to provide at least an episodic quality to each show. Even though there are plotlines that are ongoing over the course of the whole season, we'll try to give you something in each episode that you can hold on to that starts and stops within that episode.

These idiots dont get that BSGs viewers have dropped because the show dropped the ball as it progressed towards episodism.

Reading Ron Moores interviews makes it quite obvious that he has no idea in which direction hes taking the show. Hes just putting in random things for the heck of it.

It's the 'american syndrome'. Over here you can actually get a good hour or more of quality tv with no commercial breaks from a TV show, think inspector Morse. Thats just not possible for the american market. everything moves too fast and takes shortcuts, including the story.

If the show had time to breathe ,episodism, if there is such a word, would not be a bad thing. I much prefer two parters and one offs to plowing straight ahead 200 episodes in a row.

If you don't take time to close chapters you wind up with LOST, with a huge ball and chain of a plotline and no one having any clear idea of what the show is about.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

One of the reasons why I don't watch Lost is that I missed the first two seasons.

Confirmed: Ron Moore is retarded and BSG season 4 is going to suck - a lot.

So is that what you're aiming for with your fourth season?

It will be a serialized show to an extent. I think what we talked about with the network

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 months later...

The teaser for BSG: Razor is up. Link:BSG Razor

Also according to Amazon the Season 3 DVD will be released on Sept 3. Not long now.

Thomas Sowell

• 3 months later...

Watched Saturday night. I won't spoil anything but I will say get the DVD. It longer (uncut) and the story is worth the price tag. I'd give it 8.5 out of 10. BTW, they announced the start of Season 4 has been pushed back to 3/2008 and still no release date for Season 3 on DVD.

Thomas Sowell