The Battlestar Galactica Thread

astr0creep

Kara is the 5th cylon? Lord high leader of the Cylons perhaps? LOLOL

How else does she plan to stop the cylons? Or perhaps they'll just fess up and the cylons will go "gay" and get stop attacking. WHO NOES.

Ron Moore himself said Kara is not a Cylon.

So she is either another "Mental" or it wasn't her ship that Lee saw blowing up.

I think Season 4 will see an alliance of Cylon/Humans, under Starbuck's lead and they will all get to Earth together, possibly fleeing from a third party.

Like Count Iblis.

What a trippy episode, infact it's almost non-sensical. It'll be nice to get some answers in season 4, but currently I'm just al WTF, OMG(ods) WTF?

Yes, I think we just had the "WTF!!!! Trout" beaten on the side of our head so hard that the cranium caved in and we have exposed grey matter all over the wall.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Kara is the 5th cylon? Lord high leader of the Cylons perhaps? LOLOL

How else does she plan to stop the cylons? Or perhaps they'll just fess up and the cylons will go "gay" and get stop attacking. WHO NOES.

Ron Moore himself said Kara is not a Cylon.

So she is either another "Mental" or it wasn't her ship that Lee saw blowing up.

I think Season 4 will see an alliance of Cylon/Humans, under Starbuck's lead and they will all get to Earth together, possibly fleeing from a third party.

Like Count Iblis.

That was always wierd in the first series... Apollo gets married for three episodes before Iblis killes his wench.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Kara could be a hybrid! Would enable her to have a resurrection via the final five cylons (she's been to earth, they're triggered by an earth song, so there's some connection there) while not making her an actual cylon!

This assumes hybrids can do the whole resurrection thing.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Maybe Kara = Helos/Athenas daughter.

Time travel? We've seen Kara's mother, she looks nothing like Athena, anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if they went and made her father turn out to be Tigh, though with what we know that would be quite a jump.

My money is on Lt. Gaeta.

Mine is on Roslin(although Felix is my second choice).

If it wasn't for the cancer everyone would agree with me that's why I think it's a trick. She could be "built" with the cancer to avoid suspicion.

Adama! They still haven't explained how he got a message indicating the number of Cylon models.

Edited by Tale

Kara could be a hybrid! Would enable her to have a resurrection via the final five cylons (she's been to earth, they're triggered by an earth song, so there's some connection there) while not making her an actual cylon!

Or that she did eject, and with the storm and the explosion Apollo did not see the Cylon ship pick Starbuck up.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Or that she did eject, and with the storm and the explosion Apollo did not see the Cylon ship pick Starbuck up.

Which provides no explanation for how she knew about the symbol that she painted on her wall or why her mother felt she was so special.

I'm looking for something comprehensive here!

Every parent thinks their kid is special for some odd reason.

Starbuck could be Adama's illegitimate daugther.

The daughter of Zeus, the Cylon God, #13, is pretty special.

There'd be all sorts of ewww in that.

Depends on how quickly the Cylon ship picked her up.

future trivia question: when did the new bsg jump the shark?

answer: ______________

*shrug*

no doubt many here don't think that the show has jumped, but we suspect that after the series is over, lots o' former fans will looks back at the final episode o' this year and admit that shark were jumped. sure, the whole season post new-caprica rescue were under whelming, but we thinks that this last episode were the one that sealed bsg's fate. and those o' you fans who did not groan in anguish as they sees starbuck resurrected from seeming death should maybe be a bit ashamed.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Why? It was perfectly plausible, given the scope of BSG story line, that Starbuck is still alive. Also, who says that it is the real Starbuck? Cylons could have easily done cosmetic surgery on a six to look like Starbuck and the whole being to Earth a lie, yet another falsehood from the Cylons, which they are getting good at mind you.

Why? It was perfectly plausible, given the scope of BSG story line, that Starbuck is still alive. Also, who says that it is the real Starbuck? Cylons could have easily done cosmetic surgery on a six to look like Starbuck and the whole being to Earth a lie, yet another falsehood from the Cylons, which they are getting good at mind you.

just 'bout anything is plausible in a sci-fi or fantasy show. is not 'bout plausibility, but rather stoopidity. resurrecting characters is... lame. once this trick is used, then you can never go back.

heck, princess bride did as a joke... made fun of bit in which hero is only "mostly dead." we all chuckled and laughed. did you laugh when starbuck were resurrected? no? well then, it weren't very funny, were it? is simply an unfunny joke.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Unless it wasn't meant to be a joke. This is all useless speculation anyway. I think we will just have to wait till the BSG tv movie to get any sort of answers.

Unless it wasn't meant to be a joke.

makes worse, not better. is the kinda crap you sees all the time in comic books... is a running joke that only robin has ever managed to stay dead (though a bit of an overstatement, if only barely.) the fact that bsg writers not get that they was part of a bad joke makes worse, not better.

HA! Good Fun!

That is assuming of course that she actually died which I do not believe she did.

That is assuming of course that she actually died which I do not believe she did.

you just don't get it. death has value. death gots an emotional impact. death gots all kinda meanings for peoples, but is universal. ever wonder why kids books seems so preoccupied with death? charlotte

That is assuming, again, that she actually died.

makes worse, not better. is the kinda crap you sees all the time in comic books... is a running joke that only robin has ever managed to stay dead (though a bit of an overstatement, if only barely.) the fact that bsg writers not get that they was part of a bad joke makes worse, not better.

HA! Good Fun!

The second Robin? Didn't he eventually come back as some criminal mastermind, or am I thinking Elseworlds here? I dropped out of buying comics regularly and have lost track of Batman continuity - only going by with rumors and heresay... Death and sacrifice in comics seem to last as long as XBox exclusives.

HA! Good Fun!

The second Robin? Didn't he eventually come back as some criminal mastermind, or am I thinking Elseworlds here? I dropped out of buying comics regularly and have lost track of Batman continuity - only going by with rumors and heresay... Death and sacrifice in comics seem to last as long as XBox exclusives.

you is asking the wrong guy. the bit 'bout only robin staying dead is an old comic book cliche... am thinking that it is the one that fans got to vote for or 'gainst, but our knowledge o' comic books post 1990ish is terrible. if they brought jason todd back, we is unaware of it... 'course, our observation works better if some yutz did bring even robin back.

and sand still not get. if starbuck weren't dead, then it were simply a trick... which again makes worse, not better.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir